X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello my name is Adam.

I own my own business, it's just me and my wife selling clothing online. I love technology and do a lot of fix it stuff on computers, electronics, etc.

Comment

hii everyone....
      my name is sreejesh am electrcial and elcectronics engineer.. i am intersted in computr technology and trouble shooting

Comment

Folks, my name is Anton, jack of all trades master of nothing, from air traffic controll to zener diode replacement. I have a small business where my main income is from classic and vintage auto repair and restoration.

Always learning.

Comment

Hi Everybody,

Greetings from the cold wet North of England ... yes it is summer.

I am a qualified electronics engineer although I do not have a service background or experience. I have spent most of my hobby time on radio matters and recently discovered the fun of Tv's and video.

A lot to learn but that is the fun ...

Mike

Comment

Hi all, My name is Dereck, I am an application engineer in South Africa. I work on PC hardware as a hobby.

Always looking for more information and love to learn.

Comment

Hey guys,
              I'm Khaled, I'm not an engineer at all as most people however however curious and with a tv problem.. I'm a doctor by proffesion ( so i can help there )

Comment

Thanks for the info. I will get back with my life history shortly. Just a quicky.
                Peter J. Sardina
                05/04/40
                Origin: Up State N.Y.
                Electronics since 1952
                EE RIT 1960
                More to come.
                Thanks for having me aboard.

Peter

Comment

Hello everyone, I'm Mike. I am not any kind of engineer (yet!), but I do fix a lot of stuff for a lot of people in my spare time. Always want to learn new things, happy to be aboard!

Comment

Hello everyone. I'm Steve.

Comment

Greetings! I hope to learn about capacitors, soldering, etc. while I'm here. I've been interested in computers since I was about 5 years old or so and I'd like to learn more about motherboard component repair. I have a motherboard that has some bad caps that I'd like to post. I'd also like to learn how to solder as that's something I've never been able to do.

I hope to learn much here!

-Sean

Comment

Hello. Newbie from Ontario, Canada. Found this site while searching a problem with my tv and found the users very helpful to a similar situation. I look forward to learning a few things here and there.

Comment

Hello. EE major at MS State from Biloxi, MS. Joining to learn more about TV troubleshooting!

Comment

My turn I guess. I am a single mom. I know nothing about electronics but enjoy fixing things myself when I can. Which has brought me to this site. Hoping to learn more from this site. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Lostandconfused View Post
                              My turn I guess. I am a single mom. I know nothing about electronics but enjoy fixing things myself when I can. Which has brought me to this site. Hoping to learn more from this site. Thanks
                              Welcome and good luck. This forum is all about fixing things one's self...
                              sigpic

(Insert witty quote here)

Comment

Hmmm.. I guess it about time I joined LOL. Posts here are pretty old. I been around computers for a wile myself. Started with the good ZX81. Been searching for a remedy for my Toshiba TV. Red light flashing. Hope I'll find a fix here

Comment

LOL guess it's not that old if you start reading at the last page

Comment

Hi all,

I'm a student in the US. I'm just recently picking up electronics and fixing electronics as a hobby.

Comment

Hello I am an electronic engineer. I have been building my own computers and my family computers since 1998. I was able to get my mom to buy my first store built computer. I wasn't given any software with it, because I didn't request it at the time. I found an authorized Microsoft company who had the OEM versions of basic dos 6.2 and windows 3.1. I later bought upgraded versions of windows 95, windows 98, windows XP home and pro, and now windows vista. Once again before I get off of topic, I bought a sound card and modem. I installed them both on my own. While going to school to get my degree in my spare time. I would delete everything and start over. Pull the basic stuff out and place it back in. When the motherboard crashed, I bought a computer shopper magazine and called around for pricing. After three phone calls and different options. I decided to haggle with the different computer building companies at that time. I was able to get a deal on a full size tower, motherboard, processor, and memory all burnt for 24 hours before shipping for a thousand dollars. In advance later on before that computer crashed. I bought a static mate and strap and decide to buy the parts separately and build it all myself. Since 2005, I have two Thermaltake towers. I bought the sever style ones. This way I don't have to buy another tower again. I am so glad, I found a company that focuses on keeping the CPU cool. I know the added space helps the heat to draw up to the top and the additional cooling fans throughout work to pull the heat away. It's also nice they added dust screens in front of the fans. When a year or more passes. I decide to do a general cleaning of my computer. They say dust, pet hair and smoke causes damage, but I question the smoke theory. Both of my tower size computers have Intel motherboards and Thermaltake power supplies. One has a work station motherboard and the other has a basic Intel motherboard.

I have been doing electronic repair work on simple things and not advance stuff since I was 22. In 1995, I worked at Philips Magnavox for 6 months with general electronic knowledge, while working on my degree. It was amazing to work with certified repair technicians on VCR's and TV's. I was laid off, because a transfer technician was moving from California to Texas. I gain a lot of additional knowledge of repairing and basic digital multimeter troubleshooting at that time. After I got my degree in 1996, I found a job in Telecommunications. I was a Telecom Technician for many years and never had to do component level troubleshooting. I feel bad during that time that I didn't stay up on the advancements of electronics in all fields and the new lead free solder requirements. I was busy dealing with overtime hours and on call schedules I have a little better than basic knowledge in lead soldering and desoldering, that I learned on my own and also some general experience from a vocational school in Louisiana. I was only there for no more than 4 months, at that vocational school. My parents were not able to support me on additional help in my education, so I moved in with relatives in Texas and got my Degree. I do know how to work an oscilloscope, which is a Tektronix 2465DVS. Over the years, I did some modifications and general repair to keep it going. I have done some simple repair work, for myself and family. I would like to gain advance knowledge and skills on troubleshooting and repairing other things, but for now I am going to stick on computer repair. I would like to gain more insight on troubleshoot computer motherboards and switch mode power supplies.

In closing, I would like to say. I am really glad and excited to be here. I did a general search on Google “Electronic Test Equipment” and found the discuss topic that came up. I click the link and found this site, which I am so glad I did.
                                      I am amazed at the advancements in electronics. I can't wait to see what's next.

Comment

Howdy everyone!

My name is Emiel and I'm an Industrial Design Engineering Student. I can't stand that most products now a days only last a couple of years, including the ones I own myself. My monitor just broke down and I'll be posting my questions as I try to get it up and running! Great site!

Comment

Hi everyone, I am a service technician (handyman) and just stumble on this forum looking for help to fix a TV.

Thanks in advance to all of you that might help me.

Comment

Working...
                                          X