Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ILO LCT27HA36 TV, no picture but sound

I did find my old lists.
    I did not do 100% replacement on the main board so -I think- this list is just what I replaced.

Sorry it took so long. - Got side tracked.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by PCBONEZ; 11-08-2010, 05:19 PM.
    Mann-Made Global Warming.
    - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.

-
    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
    -
    You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
    -

Comment

Originally posted by PCBONEZ View Post
      I did find my old lists.
      I did not do 100% replacement on the main board so -I think- this list is just what I replaced.

Sorry it took so long. - Got side tracked.
      thanks! and i understand i have been busy myself tryin to find a job so i know how something else ca n get in the way

Comment

are these ok for what im doing?
        http://search.digikey.com/scripts/Dk...UHE1C471MPT-ND

http://search.digikey.com/scripts/Dk...UHE1V102MHT-ND

http://search.digikey.com/scripts/Dk...UHE1V471MPT-ND

http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/...Bto3nSQA2LA%3d

Comment

Depends on what/which ones you are replacing with them.
          Some of those are out of stock so you need to rework the order anyway.

-
          Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
          -
          You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
          -

Comment

Depends on what/which ones you are replacing with them.
            Some of those are out of stock so you need to rework the order anyway.
            sorry for the late reply but heres some I have picked out for the power supply
            http://search.digikey.com/scripts/Dk...me=493-1286-ND

http://search.digikey.com/scripts/Dk...me=493-1459-ND

http://search.digikey.com/scripts/Dk...me=493-1872-ND

http://search.digikey.com/scripts/Dk...me=493-1321-ND

let me know if these are ok, my cap list is on page 2

Comment

You need to replace all the caps in that PSU.
              Those Megmeet PSU's get HOT and are known cap blowers.
              **UPDATE** I recapped the PSU like PC Bonez suggested, it didn't work. That was around August, so I decided to put the TV on the back burner because I was leaving for vacation.

I left for Florida around August 20th. Everything was okay on the drive until the overdrive crapped out on my Windstar (right around Georgia); it gave me no warning signs. The trans was rebuilt in 2007, so I thought that it was sttill good. It shifted perfectly, no problems at all! I got off of the highway and drove 300 miles through the back country in Georgia and Florida until we arrived at the inlaws house.

To make a long story short, it cost us $2000.00 to get the trans rebuilt again. We gave the okay to fix it; it ruined our vacation (ate up the whole vacation budget and then some!), but we made the best of it.

We started our journey back home, and... 500 mile outside of Florida the overdrive started dropping in and out! WTF??? The trans had a nation wide warrantee, so my wife called the number; luckily there was an office close to home (Edison NJ - we live in the next town over , Woodbridge). We made arrangements to have the van looked at when we got home.

Well, the trans needed to be replaced again! The trans (in Florida) was replaced September 1st, the second trans was installed October 1st. We picked it up on October 1st, drove it for about an hour... and the "Check Trans' light came on and it started shifting bad! WTF???

We called the warrantee company again, and they set up s up to have the van looked at again. Guess what? Trans #2 was no good and had to be replaced! So, get this, trans #3 was replaced on Novemnber 1st! What are the chances of that? So far so good on trans #3 (fingers crossed and knocking on wood...)

Well, I remembered about the ILO TV in the basemenetnt, so I took it apart again. The inverter board was getting voltage, but it doididn't seem to be powering on. I figured the bad caps in the PSU caused the inverter board to go bad, so I found an inverter board online ($50.00 with the shipping, not bad at all), installed it when it came, and I have a working ILO again! I spent about $30.00 for the caps, so $80.00 total for the repair wasn't bad at all.

Thanks to everyone for your help here! SHOUT OUT to Plain Bill! Here's to you guys

Comment

Sorry for al of the typos, I was writing fast!

Comment

I had the rear end in my truck go out in Macon County Georgia while traveling from Chicago to Orlando. In my case there weren't no limping it in on the backroads though. Got stuck there for 3 days.

Georgia must have bad vibes for mechanicals.

-

- Dr Seuss
                  -
                  -

Comment

just a small update, I havent replaced the caps yet but I took it apart again to make sure I had the right values and noticed one of the solder joints on the one cap I did replace was broke and gone, so I took the board out removed all the solder I could and resoldered it and now its working again

hopefully it will be a few months again before it happens again or before the other caps fully fail

Comment

So, get this, trans #3 was replaced on Novemnber 1st! What are the chances of that?
                      Sounds like Leroy was asleep at the Ford assembly line. "Mmmmmmm Hmm".
                      "We have offered them (the Arabs) a sensible way for so many years. But no, they wanted to fight. Fine! We gave them technology, the latest, the kind even Vietnam didn't have. They had double superiority in tanks and aircraft, triple in artillery, and in air defense and anti-tank weapons they had absolute supremacy. And what? Once again they were beaten. Once again they scrammed [sic]. Once again they screamed for us to come save them. Sadat woke me up in the middle of the night twice over the phone, 'Save me!' He demanded to send Soviet troops, and immediately! No! We are not going to fight for them."

-Leonid Brezhnev (On the Yom Kippur War)

Comment

Roadkill, did you test those pico fuses? Im in the same boat.

Comment

hey pcbonez i have a question on your list there are certain caps that are a certain series and i cant find some of them on mouser or digikey is it ok to just use regular caps or do i have to have that certain series?

Comment

As long as the ESR/Ripple are comparable you should be fine.

-

- Dr Seuss
                            -
                            -

Comment

This thread is probably outdated, but if the FL tubes go bad, it would be unlikely that they all died at the same time since you probably have 5-7 of them spread out a couple inches apart or so. If the tube goes bad, it will be discolored at one end, just like a bad fl light used in your home. The difference is the inverters that light the tubes, have a circuit that senses when the tube is about to fail, that it is not drawing enough current, and will then shut down the inverters. However they usually allow the fl tubes to initially light for at least a few seconds before shutting down. Your getting nothing so most likely the voltage being fed to the inverter either 12 or 24 volts typically from the power supply, is gone. You can easily tell that by measuring it with the set back off.
                              On DC scale of 50V and sometimes it is marked on the power supply plugs.
                              Additionally the inverter has a couple of pins used to DIM the backlighting. These come from the mainboard, routed back to the inverter to control overall brightness and to shut off the inverter by the mainboard. Unlikely that is the problem, but it is in there to offer dimming down the backlighting on a few levels. Power savings mainly. If the caps in the PS are bad, then the voltage could either drop off to some low level, or fluctuate.
                              The main reason caps die so easily is that were running them at higher frequencies, so they have to work harder and of course heat ages them out fairly fast. That goes for ANY power supply. PC motherboards, PC switching supplies, all are the same as LCD PLASMA etc TV sets and computer monitors the same.

Comment

As long as the ESR/Ripple are comparable you should be fine.
                                awesome thank you very much

Comment

Hey all I'm starting work on my tv and right now I want to get it working and for now it has sound but no picture, I tried putting a flash light up to it and couldn't see anything, would this be the main board or one of the tuners?

Comment

power bord and inverter is the prob areas most likely,start with power....

Comment

Working...
                                    X