Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sharp LC80UH30U Vertical Band

Hi all,

I just moved to a new apartment and now I got a vertical band on my tv. The band is changing colors all the time. Is there a fix for this? If someone has had the same problem and fixed it I would really appreciate the help as I am retired and on a fixed income and cannot afford a new tv.

I can change any boards and bad caps but I'm not good with a volt meter.

Thank you very much for any assistance.
    Attached Files

Re: Sharp LC80UH30U Vertical Band

I would say you are screwed. Looks like a panel problem.
    I assume no responsibility for any stupid suggestions I might post.

Comment

its look one ribbon cable in case you didnt hit it by transport..., at the same area seated again carefully

Comment

Thanks for you reply. I was hoping for a little less than a single gun salute and burial at sea! Any other opinions?

Comment

You could put pressure on that tab and possibly make it work.
          I assume no responsibility for any stupid suggestions I might post.

Comment

I second that, grab the bezel right on that faulty area and give it a squeeze, bezel not the screen.

Comment

First I would like to thank all the badcappers that answered my post.

I finally had some time to take the back off the set and did an inspection for bad caps took off all the connections and reseated them. Also disconnect the tcon board one side at a time. Nothing solved the vertical line problem.

I also tried to squeeze the bezel I even took a rubber mallet and hit it a few times.

I guess that "DSKALL" was correct in his thinking in his original reply

Thanks again it is always worth a try. So now I will chalk it up as one of the great unsolved mysteries!

Comment

The vertical band will correspond to one of the the orange flex cables connected to the thin panel boards. There is either a bad connection or a bad chip on film (COF) embedded on the flex. Considered a bad panel and not repairable.

Comment

Working...
                X