Cop xt 09 cctv dvr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cop xt 09 cctv dvr

Hello, I was hoping somebody may have some pointers on a Cop DVR it powers up and whines no picture there is no obvious signs on visual examination indeed it looks like new in and out the only thing noticeable is a very twisted lead to hard drive thanks hoping some one has an idea for me to follow up.

Re: Cop xt 09 cctv dvr

Originally posted by cctv
    Hello, I was hoping somebody may have some pointers on a Cop DVR it powers up and whines no picture there is no obvious signs on visual examination indeed it looks like new in and out the only thing noticeable is a very twisted lead to hard drive thanks hoping some one has an idea for me to follow up.
    This is 2010; my 2009 model crystal ball has failed. While we have very intelligent people here, even they can't do much without at least a few pictures.

PlainBill
    For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Hello I have not explained things very well the unit has no output it just whines internally and it looks like this externally
      Attached Files

Comment

And this inside just out of shot hard drive cdrw and power supply and its not 22 centigrade here its -7
        Attached Files
        Last edited by cctv; 01-03-2010, 12:58 PM.

Comment

Check the voltages on the black/red and black/yellow connector. Red == 5v, Yellow == 12v as a start. The little cans on the board are capacitors. If any of them look swollen or they have leaked onto the board, they are likely damaged.
          Does the fan come on when the unit is powered up?

There is a label that says "remove seal after washing" Maybe you better wash the board and remove the seal... heh

I would also suggest getting a picture of the power supply board.

tom
          Last edited by tmwalsh; 01-04-2010, 10:01 AM. Reason: add

Comment

Thank you, the fan goes, I will check the voltages, I have a new PSU I will fit it but I might leave the washing bit till later !

Comment

Originally posted by cctv
              Thank you, the fan goes, I will check the voltages, I have a new PSU I will fit it but I might leave the washing bit till later !
              No need to wash the board, but that tag should be pulled. It was supposed to be removed after the board was wave soldered and washed. Most modern wave soldering involves a flux that evaporates in the soldering process, but the tags are still used.

PlainBill
              For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

I smell bacon.

Comment

Originally posted by weirdlookinguy
                  I smell bacon.
                  You're holding the soldering iron by the wrong end.

PlainBill

Comment

I was referring to this DVR being a "Cop" brand

Comment

You're holding the soldering iron by the wrong end.

PlainBill

Sure glad I was not holding my coffee cup when I read that!
                      tm

Comment

The power supply, a Top Power mini atx 250 watt has cooked in places, so after I find one with a rear mounted fan that will fit I will see where I am thank you for the assistance so far.

Comment

Unit now up and running essentially power supply

Comment

Working...
                          X