Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung UN55F8000 BXZA - No HDMI after power surge

Hey all,

Got a Samsung UN55F8000 and the HDMI went out after a power outage. EVERYTHING ELSE WORKS fine. Have tested the HDMIs with multiple wires, and other sources VGA, AV etc all still work. TV is a daily living room TV just would be nice to get HDMI back.

Suspect Mainboard/ Mainboard CPU

Got a main board off EBay and swapped out mainboard and surprisingly TV would power on, click three times, and power off. I took the eBay board out immediately to not do any additional damage. Upon further inspection the seller (TV parts lots of reviews) has quite a few “board was bad” reviews.

Did I miss a step in mainboard install (reset firmware) or checking the Tcon or power supply for an HDMI malfunction? Plan on returning the eBay mainboard for a “tested” board and trying again but thought I'd check you guys first.

Appreciate any feedback!

Re: Samsung UN55F8000 BXZA - No HDMI after power surge

You need to match the number on the white sticker not the bare board number.

Comment

That silicon image HDMI switch IC on the main board failed.

Comment

Thanks RJ great point - I forgot to add yes the boards are both BN94-06218B on large sticker and BN97-07157A on small sticker. The other random numbers matched (even the date) except for a a few. The eBay board looks like the heat sinks were removed and put back on so I think this board is not from a working tv.

If the board was wrong match, would the power kick off? What I’m essentially trying to narrow down is if I just have wrong/bad board, or if there is something else wrong on the other boards too (despite all else working but the HDMI.

CAPleaker- which IC is the silicon image HDMI switch IC? Image below (eBay board- faulty board is back in TV).

Comment

Main board
          Attached Files

Comment

The hdmi port processor ic is ic601 (marked Silicon Image)

Comment

right there where the hdmi ports are bottom left.

Comment

Cool I see it. Unfortunately don’t have the expertise to replace that IC myself. Based on your responses I think I’ll return this eat board that won’t power TV on and try for a better verified replacement. Will let you know how it works out

Comment

One there for 94 bucks, there's a make offer option: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Samsung-BN9...kAAOSwD3peVFC5

Comment

Your model is Samsung UN55F8000BFXZA correct? I'm assuming you missed a letter.

Comment

Re: Samsung UN55F8000 BFXZA - No HDMI after power surge

Awesome thanks. This matches my board number and you are correct it is BFXZA. I updated the thread in case people are searching and I get this fixed.

Comment

Just to add a bit further information to this thread, but if you are looking to purchase a replacement board, don't worry about the board numbers, part numbers, or model numbers. Just look at the picture of the board they are selling and make sure it's not a different variant for Europe or Latin america, unless you want that version. The Tuner pieces will be different for certain countries.

All the these boards are interchangeable, if you have the 46" 55" 60" or 75" they are all cross compatible with one another. We repair these boards and test them all with the exact same test set without any issues.
                        This is applicable to almost all Samsung LED main boards BTW.

Comment

Working...
                        X