Samsung UN65KU6500FXZA horizontal line in top of picture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung UN65KU6500FXZA horizontal line in top of picture

First let me say I can not get the picture to stay on long enough to take all of the pictures I want but in the one picture you can see a horizontal line in the top of the picture. It will run for about 20 seconds then the whole picture will turn purple and get large horizontal lines in video and reboot. It gets faster at this the longer it is left on. I know it is a panel issue, I am just interested if anyone has had any success repairing the problem. twisting the screen or any pressing on bottom tabs makes no difference.
    Attached Files

Re: Samsung UN65KU6500FXZA horizontal line in top of picture

have you tried removing the flat panel? if it restarts anyway it may be the motherboard, otherwise it may have some faulty component on the t-con

Comment

Yes I have and still the same issue and there is no tcon. The main goes straight to the panel.

Comment

I thought I would add the voltages I get when the panel lights up at CNL801

1 thru 4, 18 thru 20 and 27 are gnd
        7, 9 and 11 vamp 13v
        13, 15, & 17 13v reads 13v
        21, 23, 25 & 29 pwm 1.3v
        8 od_LEV 3.34v
        10 Fail_ct 3.34
        12 OD_o/f 3.3v
        14 blu_o/f 4.1v
        16 Power_o/f 3.34v
        22, 24, 26 & 28 PWM 2.25
        30. ana_dim 2.5v
        I hope this helps some. The voltages do drop to 0 or almost 0 when the tv restarts.

Comment

Sorry I posted in the wrong forum.

Comment

In response to poweron I finally determined a bad panel. I removed the panel and the problem went away.

Comment

Originally posted by nwelec View Post
              In response to poweron I finally determined a bad panel. I removed the panel and the problem went away.
              ???? what do you mean "removed the panel and the problem went away"... you threw out the set? :-)

Comment

Sorry, I misspoke. I mean that the panel is the problem. If I remember right (Customer picked it up after I determined it is the panel) and do not quote me I believe there is no tcon so that rules it out.

Comment

Working...
                X