17MB55 problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

17MB55 problem

Hi guys. I have a Celcus DLED40125FHD with a VES400UNDS-03 screen and a17MB55 23182338 motherboard. The tv will not come out of standby and it is definitely seems to be a fault with the motherboard as I have tried a known good psu. I have tried freezing the memory chips but that didn't work. All voltages appear to be there. When I try the on button on the remote the set will flash the standby light 6 times and then go back to steady red. I was going to just buy a secondhand board for it but there doesn't appear to be any with the correct part number available online. Do any of you know if there is another board that would be a suitable replacement for the 17MB55 with the 23182338 part number? Or do any of you have a 23182338 that you could sell me?

Re: 17MB55 problem

Have you tried flashing another firmware? These boards are very specific so you have to match everything and usually there are no replacements. I can try and find you the correct board but I have to order directly from the factory. Let me know if you are interested and if you can wait for it. Thanks

Comment

Hi Ducky, thanks for that. I haven't tried flashing the firmware as I wasn't sure if the firmware would be generic for all the 17MB55 boards or if it would be specific to this part number. Also, to be honest, I didn't know where to get the firmware. Is there a website that I could download it from?
      As regards your offer of asking about a replacement board. It would be interesting to know if the cost would be low enough to make this an economic repair. The tv is one I picked up for free and is only worth about £60 if it was in working order, so for a repair to be economic a replacement board would have to be around £35.

Comment

Have you checked in the eeprom dump thread you maybe lucky and its in there can you post a picture of the sticker on the back of the tv the one with the model number on
        https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=59877
        Last edited by vinceroger69; 09-06-2018, 03:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisB47 View Post
          Hi Ducky, thanks for that. I haven't tried flashing the firmware as I wasn't sure if the firmware would be generic for all the 17MB55 boards or if it would be specific to this part number. Also, to be honest, I didn't know where to get the firmware. Is there a website that I could download it from?
          As regards your offer of asking about a replacement board. It would be interesting to know if the cost would be low enough to make this an economic repair. The tv is one I picked up for free and is only worth about £60 if it was in working order, so for a repair to be economic a replacement board would have to be around £35.
          The firmware is specific for the tv. I can supply the firmware for 5$ as I also pay a monthly fee for them. Ill ask my supplier and Ill get back to you.

Comment

Originally posted by ducky29 View Post
            The firmware is specific for the tv. I can supply the firmware for 5$ as I also pay a monthly fee for them. Ill ask my supplier and Ill get back to you.
            is the firmware updated via usb on these or do you need too remove ics? ive never done a 17mb55 just curious

Comment

Originally posted by vinceroger69 View Post
              is the firmware updated via usb on these or do you need too remove ics? ive never done a 17mb55 just curious
              Usb like all vestels, you can also do it by removing the ic's but the usb method is more convenient.

Comment

Originally posted by ducky29 View Post
                Usb like all vestels, you can also do it by removing the ic's but the usb method is more convenient.
                can you get most vestel firmware? its handy too know as i have had a few ive had to replace the board on as could not find the firmware for them.

Comment

Originally posted by vinceroger69 View Post
                  can you get most vestel firmware? its handy too know as i have had a few ive had to replace the board on as could not find the firmware for them.
                  Yes I can get almost all of them. Thats the best option if you cant find the firmware but unfortunately its very expensive replacing the mainboard.
                  Last edited by ducky29; 09-06-2018, 05:08 AM.

Comment

You can also try the method I outlined here by using the UART port exposed on some Vestel TV SCART ports. But it requires some Linux hacking-around experience.

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=62824
                    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Hi Ducky, I would be more than happy to pay you for the firmware and would be most grateful if you could get it for me. My email is: chrisbarker47@sky.com if you wish to email me privately we can arrange payment etc.
                      Thanks.

Comment

Just a quick update for you. Ducky very kindly emailed me the firmware for the board and after loading it into the board, using a usb stick, the tv started up and now runs okay. The firmware Ducky supplied was excellent and loaded into the board very easily in about 5 minutes
                        Many thanks to Ducky and thanks to you others that offered help.
                        Chris.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisB47 View Post
                          Hi guys. I have a Celcus DLED40125FHD with a VES400UNDS-03 screen and a17MB55 23182338 motherboard. The tv will not come out of standby and it is definitely seems to be a fault with the motherboard as I have tried a known good psu. I have tried freezing the memory chips but that didn't work. All voltages appear to be there. When I try the on button on the remote the set will flash the standby light 6 times and then go back to steady red. I was going to just buy a secondhand board for it but there doesn't appear to be any with the correct part number available online. Do any of you know if there is another board that would be a suitable replacement for the 17MB55 with the 23182338 part number? Or do any of you have a 23182338 that you could sell me?
                          VESTEL 17mb55 model VES236WNEC
                          Attached Files

Comment

VESTEL 17MB55 (23189260) board firmware required!!
                            The tv will not come out of standby and it is definitely seems to be a fault with the motherboard as I have tried a known good psu.

This is from a TV model = Celcus DLED40125FHD
                            with a VES400UNDS-03 screen. other numbers from the TV are [10089464] [27148104] may help in identification
                            Last edited by DualZyclone; 01-20-2024, 01:05 PM.

Comment

VESTEL 17MB55 (23189260) board

Now fixed by reflashed the firm ware with bornova_usb_update.bin and bornova_usb_update.scr from "17mb55-v030h-r126232-bornova-pack-xls.zip"

Big thank you to ducky29

As a thank you I am posting the following information to help others :-

(1) Format a USB memory stick/ usbpen drive to FAT32

(2) copy the files *******.bin and ******.scr to top level (root) of the drive { NOT in a folder }

(3) unplug TV from the mains power

(4) place the USB stick in back of the TV

(5) HOLD down the [OK] button on the remote control and point at the TV

(6) while keeping the [OK] button pressed, plug the TV back into the mains power

(7) the power LED will flash FAST (about 3 times a second)

(8) still keeping the [OK] button pressed down, count to 19 seconds then release

(9) the power LED RAPID flashing will continue for a few minutes

(10) just WAIT and do not remove the TV from mains power, the power LED will go off, then the TV will start UP

---------------------------------------------------------------------

VESTEL Engineer codes from the WEB

To get to the Service Menu

Press the Menu button on the Remote.
                              Press 4725 buttons in quick succession.

OTHER Vestel TV's Service Menu codes
                              WHARFEDALE, HITACHI = MENU, 1461
                              ?? = Menu 1 9 2 3

Calibration Menu - Press the Menu button on the Remote, Press 4726

Hotel Mode Instructions (Warning - some users have got the TV stuck in hotel mode)
                              Method 1 - Menu, 1325 [Enter Hotel Mode]
                              Method 2 - Menu, 7935 [Hotel Mode]
                              -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PIXEL perfect SCREEN capture ability in VESTEL TV's with a USB socket!!!!

In the SERVICE menu
                              Select "Diagnostic" item on the menu
                              press OK
                              you'll get a secondary menu with a list of choices on it
                              Go down to the bottom of that menu
                              you should see a "Screen Capture" option
                              Enable it
                              then press "back" key on the remote repeatedly until your back at your normal TV display

you'll find your POWER button no longer works on the remote control.

your POWER button has been turned into a SCREEN SHOT button.

If you put a USB Thumb drive into the usb slot on the back of the TV.
                              Every time you press the power button, the display will be captured to a graphics file on the thumb drive, the screen shot will grab what ever is displayed on the panel, no matter what it's source is.
                              Pixel Perfect screen shots every time :-)

So anything you can plug into the ports, composite video, HDMI, Scart etc, can be captured.

Doesn't matter if it's a DTV channel, SkyBox input, Chrome cast, BBC Micro or web application such as Plex
                              As long as the TV can display a picture from it, you can SCREEN grab it to an image file.

Repeat the menu steps above and go back in to "Disable" the feature in order to return your remotes power button to normal.

note: the credit for the screen capture information is from a post made by Shawty
                              https://stardot.org.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=18673 Thu Feb 06, 2020
                              Last edited by DualZyclone; 01-20-2024, 01:25 PM.

Comment

Sent you a link on pm

Comment

This is from a TV model = Celcus DLED40125FHD
                                  with a VES400UNDS-03 screen. other numbers from the TV are [10089464] [27148104]
                                  Logic board = VESTEL 17MB55 (23189260)
                                  Power board = 17IPS20 23152101

The tv did not come out of standby and it was a logic board fault, as I tried a known good Power board.

Fixed by reflashing the firmware SEE post #15 by me for instructions or the following text . I tried to put these pictures onto that post, but it would not let me

Now fixed by reflashed the firm ware with bornova_usb_update.bin and bornova_usb_update.scr from "17mb55-v030h-r126232-bornova-pack-xls.zip"

(1) Format a USB memory stick/ usbpen drive to FAT32

(2) copy the files *******.bin and ******.scr to top level (root) of the drive { NOT in a folder }

(3) unplug TV from the mains power

(4) place the USB stick in back of the TV

(5) HOLD down the [OK] button on the remote control and point at the TV

(6) while keeping the [OK] button pressed, plug the TV back into the mains power

(7) the power LED will flash FAST (about 3 times a second)

(8) still keeping the [OK] button pressed down, count to 19 seconds then release

(9) the power LED RAPID flashing will continue for a few minutes

(10) just WAIT and do not remove the TV from mains power, the power LED will go off, then the TV will start UP
                                  Last edited by DualZyclone; 01-20-2024, 01:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                  X