Panasonic Plasma TX-P50G10B no picture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panasonic Plasma TX-P50G10B no picture

Hi Looking for a little help on this issue. I am not an electronics expert but can use a digital multimeter, remove TV back and swap boards safely.

My sons Plasma so I don't have instant access.

History: Bought second hand 6 months ago in immaculate condition and perfect working order. Went to switch it on 2 weeks ago but it didn't come on.

When turned on there is a click and the indicator led flashes for 6 seconds before a brief fizzing sound and the led turns red with rythmic 5 blinking. The panasonic fault diagnosis suggests A board. However perusal of this forum indiates it could be something else.

Removed the rear cover and switched the TV on, there are no indicator led's on either the SC or the SS boards. I then followed Tom66's helpful guide.

Unplugged the SS (Z-sus) board, no change to existing conditions. Fizzing sound seems to emanate from the P board

Plugged the SS board back in and unplugged the SC (Y-sus) board, following changes occur: The SS board led lights up and there is a sharp click (no fizzing sound) before the main TV indicator turns red and flashes 7 blinks.

Advice from a Panasonic parts seller on ebay suggests that a common fault on these models is shorts across the vs (?) and gnd (ground?) on the SC (y-sus) board.

I have no clue how to check for the shorts as indicated, is it likely that replacing the SC board for a known good one will rectify this fault? Final option, any recommendations for a trustworthy repair person in the North east of England (Im Gateshead based).

Re: Panasonic Plasma TX-P50G10B no picture

I would say SC board is shorted. Can you take a picture of the SC board and the part number located on it. Should be TNPA****. Look for shorted Mosfets on this board. These are designated with a Q. Check middle pin to each side of the outer pins. Use diode mode on DVM.
    Did I leave the soldering iron on?

Comment

Hi freakaftr8

Thanks for the comeback. Sorry I don't have any pictures but the SC board number is TNPA4782AB.

I can use diode mode but unsure how to identify a mosfet on this board.

Comment

They stand up and are screwed into the aluminum heat syncs. Here is a picture of most likely some or all the parts failed on that board. If you feel comfortable with soldering you could try to give it a go, but This is a very hard board to work on. Best thing would be to send it out for repair or Stage for a repaired board.
        Attached Files
        Did I leave the soldering iron on?

Comment

Thanks for that Freakaftr8, Im going with a replacement board, I can solder but advice I have had suggests its a difficult board to repair. I'll post once Ive procured and fitted a suitable SC board

Comment

check the buffers first! if you have a bad buffer it's possible to burn a good sc board.

Comment

Thanks for stepping in dj01fad, yes I was aware that a bad buffer might damage a new SC board. Unfortunately Im not sure how to check those so am going to get a pair of known good ones. Thanks forthe reminder

Comment

Working...
              X