Vizio VO420E Main Board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vizio VO420E Main Board

I ordered the Eeprom repair kit and I am wondering if anyone knows the Eeprom locations and can tell me which one to replace. The symptoms are:
    amber standby light
    white logo light after I turn on power
    No picture, no sound and can turn the power off.

I already replaced the power board and nothing changed.

Here is the information for the board:

Vizio:
    3642-0732-0150 (OB)

Sadly, my board seems to be kind of rare to obtain for a working replacement, so I ordered the kit to replace the EEPROM. Does anyone here know which EEPROM I am supposed to replace? I also need the location, here is the board below:

Attached Files

Re: Vizio VO420E Main Board

If you bought the kit....Look at the Nos. on the kit IC/s and replace that on your Main Bd. with the same No. Probably change out everything that came with the kit.....

Comment

Bottom left in your photo, got a spot of paint on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew F. Ali View Post
        If you bought the kit....Look at the Nos. on the kit IC/s and replace that on your Main Bd. with the same No. Probably change out everything that came with the kit.....
        Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by diif View Post
          Bottom left in your photo, got a spot of paint on it.
          Thank you! After you said that, it made a lot of sense. It seems that they are both by the HDMI inputs?

Comment

Looking at a better photo on shopjimmy. It looks like there are two ICs marked with paint. You will need to check what's written on them to identify which it is. The one I think it is is not near the HDMI ports.

Comment

Originally posted by diif View Post
              Looking at a better photo on shopjimmy. It looks like there are two ICs marked with paint. You will need to check what's written on them to identify which it is. The one I think it is is not near the HDMI ports.
              I want to thank you for the information regarding the "paint marks". Is the standard practice to mark those EEPROMS with paint?

Is this basically using a magnifying glass and matching the part numbers and replacing them? I'm going to practice de-soldering and then soldering these (original) components on the main board I already have. I had to order another main board because the previous owner broke a clip to one of the T-con connections.

Comment

I received the EEPROM kit and the donor board. It doesn't look like the vendor put that paint mark on their for pin one on the U18 EEPROM. I took pictures to show what I am talking about.

Any ideas on how to figure where the pin one is on the new eeprom?

When I plugged the "new" main board in to see what it would do, it self tested and showed that I had back-light but I couldn't turn it of when I pushed the power button. Now it does the amber Vizio to the white Vizio with no back-lights or picture. I started to test the Low Voltage Regulators and they all had voltage and checked out well. Then I checked what I think is a Low Voltage Regulator on TU31 and there was absolutely no voltage reading;could this be a problem? I'm going to put the old board back in and take a reading. Any suggestions? Here are the photos below, the U5 had voltage but TU31 didn't:
                Attached Files

Comment

The dimple at the bottom left corner is pin 1.
                  Never stop learning
                  Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                  http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                  http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                  http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                  http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                  http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Originally posted by budm View Post
                    The dimple at the bottom left corner is pin 1.
                    Thank you very much.

Comment

Working...
                    X