Philips 32pfl3403d/27 no power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Philips 32pfl3403d/27 no power

So, now with everything plugged in I get about 169-170v to big black capacitor. I get 5v on the two 5v pins that connect the main board to power supply. I get no stby voltage.

Does this mean the power supply board is bad? Is there anything else I can check to determine the problem?

Thanks.

Comment

The plus 5 volts IS the standby voltage. It supplies the main board with "stand by" when the the power button is pressed the main board sends a voltage to the standby_in on the power supply turning on the + 12 and the +24 volts
      Does the standby_in voltage change when the power button is pressed?
      If yes I suspect the power supply
      If no I suspect the main board, or maybe its not seeing the comand from the power button

Comment

Ok.
        When I place black probe on gnd of connector that goes to main board and red probe to either 5v placed, I get 5-5.1v no matter if I press the power button or not. I do not get any other power to any other pin on that connector regardless of whether or not I press the power button or not.

Where should I go from here?
        Thanks

Comment

Ok now we need voltages from the connector on power board to mainboard in this format:

Example:

CN6201
          Pin Number - Pin Label - Pin Voltage
          1 - Power_On - 2.76v
          2 - AC Det - 2.86v
          3 - STBY 3.3v - 3.36v
          4 - UNREG 15v - 16.60v
          5 - UNREG 15v - 16.60
          6 - AU-GND - 0v
          7 - AU-GND - 0v
          8 - REG 12v GND - 0v
          9 - REG 12v GND - 0v
          10 - REG 12v GND - 0v
          11 - REG 12v - 12.05v
          12 - REG 12v - 12.05v
          13 - REG 12v - 12.05v
          We need what each pin says on it and the voltages in standby of each pin and then from each pin when you try to power it on. This time your ground probe can be on the metal panel
          I assume no responsibility for any stupid suggestions I might post.

Comment

lets try with pictures, The +5 volts is the stand by voltage. It is used to power the main board in a "standby" condition. This voltage is for the microprocessor which is waiting for an instruction from the "power button" When it receives the comand from said button the micro sends a signal (I believe 3-5 volts) to the STB pin (Standby_in) on the power supply. And that is what turns on the Full operation of the power supply giving +12 and +24 to operate the tv.
            So with black probe on ground and red probe on the STB pin on cn902 you should read 0 volts. When the POWER BUTTON is pushed, that pin should go to three to five volts.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by R_J View Post
              lets try with pictures, The +5 volts is the stand by voltage. It is used to power the main board in a "standby" condition. This voltage is for the microprocessor which is waiting for an instruction from the "power button" When it receives the comand from said button the micro sends a signal (I believe 3-5 volts) to the STB pin (Standby_in) on the power supply. And that is what turns on the Full operation of the power supply giving +12 and +24 to operate the tv.
              So with black probe on ground and red probe on the STB pin on cn902 you should read 0 volts. When the POWER BUTTON is pushed, that pin should go to three to five volts.
              Your instructions should be easier to follow than mine.

Comment

Ok this is what I'm getting and nothing changes when I press the power button while holding the probes in place on any pin:
                Also, I don't see numbers or labels on my board. What I would call labels just show voltages (ex. 5v 12v 24v stby, grn,) my readings are as follows:

Pin Number - Pin Label - Pin Voltage
                1 - Power_On - 5.0-5.1
                2 - AC Det - 5.0-5.1
                3 - STBY 0.0-0.1
                4 - UNREG 0.0
                5 - UNREG 0.0
                6 - AU-GND - 0v
                7 - AU-GND - 0v
                8 - REG 12v GND - 0v
                9 - REG 12v GND - 0v
                10 - REG 12v GND - 0v
                11 - REG 12v - 0.0
                12 - REG 12v - 0.0
                13 - REG 12v - 0.0

Comment

I only have one question. Does the power supply board layout in the pdf match your power supply?

Comment

Yes, exactly. Am I screwing something else up?
                    Thanks

Comment

Are you following R J post #65? Mine is only example. His picture shows your board.

Comment

good. then but your black probe on ground, but your red probe on the STB pin on the power supply and push the power button
                        This is the top component side so it should be easy to locate the test point

IF you NO NOT have this STB voltage, the power supply WILL NOT TURN ON. indicating a possible fault on the main board
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by R_J; 03-15-2017, 08:43 PM.

Comment

Yes. And the only voltage I get is pin 1 and 2. 5v at each

Comment

Ok when I do this I get .01v. It flashes between 0 and 0.1 but not necessarily when the power button is pressed

Comment

So, no other trouble shooting can be done without fixing the main board or purchasing another?

Comment

Well there are some other tests that could be made. At this point it is probably mainboard. If you have remote you might want to see if you get voltage on stb pin when pushing power button

Comment

Ok, so this would rule out the power button/switch being bad. If this still doesn't Change anything would you guys advise to purchase a new main board?

Comment

There are ways to turn on the power supply to make sure its all working. it involves disconnecting the main board plug and placing a 1k resistor between +5 and STB pin and seeing if the +24 & +12 turn on.
                                    This could be the service manual but theres not much on the mainboard
                                    Attached Files
                                    Last edited by R_J; 03-15-2017, 09:09 PM.

Comment

It doesn't totally rule out in input to processor problem. You still can have a bad power board because not all voltages were checked. If you want to learn how to check those I suggest you watch some youtube videos. norcal715 is very good.

Comment

The +24 and +12 are not even turned on unless the main board tells it to turn them on. they are off in standby therfore not required by the main board processor. I might suspect one of the supplies on the main that come from the +5, like 3.3 volts, but it could also be defective data in the eeprom causing this condition.

What could be checked is if there is voltage on CN401 of the main board going to the power button on the control board and then check if there is a voltage change on the appropriate pin coming back to the main board. I don't which pin that would be but by checking each one, one of them should change when the power potton is pressed.

Comment

Update:
                                          I followed your steps and came to the conclusion that the main board was bad. I ordered a replacement main board. Put it in and I get back light but no image. The blue light in the inverter board (I am thinking this is the correct name) comes on. another green light comes on in the direction of the board that the buttons are on. Any ideas? Thanks a lot!
                                          Last edited by Georgia088; 03-20-2017, 04:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                          X