Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sharp Aquos LC-70LE650U display is slow and discolored

Originally posted by capwizard View Post
    N...No...... not that one ....is you face the TV screen ( When you watch TV) on your right hand side!

Wait......Im uploading pictures.

PS: the TABs are under the transparent plastic strips.
    From the picture, it seems like I am looking at the correct thing (green/yellow plastic wires) that I'm supposed to be castrating. Is this correct?

Comment

I removed the side bar. I found the tabs, they're underneath the yellow transparent strips. Am I supposed to cut all 5 of them or should I try one at a time?

Comment

Try cut one at a time and please take pictures at each steps, this gonna be A great documentation.
        Last edited by capwizard; 01-28-2017, 06:08 PM.

Comment

cut the hot one first ..

Comment

Do you mean castrate the HOT one first!.....................

Comment

I haven't cut anything but for some reason now the backlight and screen won't turn on when I turn the TV on? Is there a cable on this side that controls this?

Comment

Nevermind it's back on.. hold on

Comment

Doctor doing the castration operation. I can't wait anymore.

Comment

I would back up and do some of the "tests" (unplug cables) that you did initially to get picture displayed a while back.... If those are not repeatable, I would stop and "rethink" things with help from here.

Comment

So I did what seemed like nothing and it's working perfectly now? I'll try the PS4 again and see how that looks...
                      Attached Files

Comment

further, its not really a "cut", its more of a pull, like removing tape from a piece of paper / cardboard... basically tearing it away as cleanly as possible.

oops looks like you are there

double oops... are you saying that you did nothing in terms of "removal"????
                        Last edited by budwich; 01-28-2017, 06:20 PM.

Comment

Y.....Y...YY...Yes, you are the champion. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04854XqcfCY
                          Last edited by capwizard; 01-28-2017, 06:21 PM.

Comment

turn the backlight down ... its on full ..

Comment

BTW All I did was unplug the white ribbon at the bottom of the right hand side and plug it back in. Maybe that fixed it? Maybe it was loose?
                              Attached Files

Comment

O..oo..hu...uu.... I am more exhausted than you, Good try , When it is need to be castrate it is needed, don't be hesitate, You are my Hero!
                                Last edited by capwizard; 01-28-2017, 06:40 PM.

Comment

maybe.... that would be good....
                                  since you can't see much / any "damage" to the tab drivers (visually)... you could be right. BUT... as suggested, feed in a known test pattern such as color bars smpte or equivalent (can be found on some dvd material) and take a picture of the display... then people can look closer at that to see if there is an underlying display problem... fingers are crossed that you are lucky.
                                  Last edited by budwich; 01-28-2017, 06:35 PM.

Comment

I'd bet! Thank you for all the help! Just hope it stays this way after I put it back together

Comment

turn down the backlights and save power and make tv live lots longer .

Comment

I did, just had it up all the way earlier to see if I could see any other issues. Thanks again!

Comment

In the future, Would you please let us know how is this neutralized TV doing! (at 1080p or any problems, take your time not in the hurry. Enjoy it.)
                                          Last edited by capwizard; 01-28-2017, 07:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                          X