Sharp Aquos LC-70LE650U display is slow and discolored

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sharp Aquos LC-70LE650U display is slow and discolored

Hey, so I've only had the TV for about two years and all of a sudden the display has been giving me problems. I had one guy look at it, told me it was the T-Conn board, replaced that and it didn't solve the problem. I read another thread where someone had the same issue and was able to fix it. You can find it here. The only issue is that I tried reading through the thread but there weren't really any "steps" and I'm not sure where to even begin. I will attach pictures of what is going on with my screen, which is almost identical to the one in the post. Any advice or instruction would be extremely appreciated as I have hope for this TV!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by wilbanks951; 01-27-2017, 06:21 PM. Reason: URL

Re: Sharp Aquos LC-70LE650U display is slow and discolored

One Badcaps Tip is worth $280
    https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=59678...........................

Comment

So where are the 3 tabs I'm supposedly supposed to be cutting? I'm guessing on the right side since that is where I'm having issues, however, what does cutting these tabs do? Why would that fix the problem?

Comment

I would suggest that you do a bit more reading thru the forum on a number of threads around the sharp 70 (and vizio ... same panel). Once the tabs are removed you can't go back so 50/50 is odds IF you don't analyze the symptoms correctly. You will also find discussion on why the "save" works... basically, it takes away some of the "latency" response... but at least the set work.

further, I think you are looking at 5 tabs if your set is like others.... again read thru some of the threads.

Comment

I'll do that first, good idea. And will cutting tabs help to get the picture/brightness back to how it is supposed to be?

Comment

the picture will likely look as good as new IF your issue is indeed ONLY the side tab drivers. Lots of people are saving these sets from the "curb". Good luck.

PS. feed a known signal (color bars test pattern or equivalent from any source) into your set and take pictures / post... it will help a lot for people trying to analyse / understand what you are seeing as you go.... go slow.
            Last edited by budwich; 01-27-2017, 08:58 PM.

Comment

Sorry, what do you mean by feeding a know signal/color bars? Do you mean plug it into an output ex. PlayStation?

Comment

Yes, You need to castrate those TABs........If TV only on right side has blurry picture..........

PS: Picture worth a thousand words. Id done that at OCT/14 2016, so far so good.

PS: Whose idea is this? I like to say "Thank You" to whomever.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by capwizard; 01-28-2017, 08:20 AM.

Comment

So it's not as so much blurry as it is dark. I plugged in my PS4 to show what it looks like when it's connected to an input. The right side is very dark and looks somewhat discolored, especially towards the bottom. How can I make sure my problem is the tabs? Is there any other troubleshooting I can do before making the plunge into removing them? Thanks.
                  Attached Files

Comment

"How can I make sure my problem is the tabs?"

Castrated then you know! I am 95% sure.

PS: looking for burn marks or abnormal temperature on those TABs, if yse, chance is 100% .
                    Last edited by capwizard; 01-28-2017, 04:49 PM.

Comment

Are these the tabs you're talking about?
                      Attached Files

Comment

No oOh My God! It is the one at right side edge. PL.... Wee.......wait a minute. I will upload the pictures.
                        Last edited by capwizard; 01-28-2017, 05:27 PM.

Comment

Do I have to take the front panel of the screen off? If so, I'm having trouble I don't see any other screws left to "unscrew". What are the tabs supposed to look like?

Comment

Please be extremely carefully. Take your time and take it easy. You will need big and flat workplace maybe on the floor.

You need to be very carefully remove the front plastic frame then 4 metal bars to assess the screen.

PS: My screen Tabs have 3, your screen TABs maybe have 4 to 5.

PS: Castrate with Razor Blade.

PS: The metal bars have 16 small black machine threaded screws and one side bar (near T-con board) has 6 - 8 metal color longer machine threaded screws. If you could just take out right side of bar but they are interlocked.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by capwizard; 01-28-2017, 05:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by wilbanks951 View Post
                              Are these the tabs you're talking about?
                              I think you need to review the threads a bit more. IF I understand your pictures correctly, those are "interconnect flex cables"... they are on "unclamp/clamp" connectors so you can unclamp/reclamp as many times as you want... but it won't solve your problem. From your pictures, IF those are after you disconnected the lower corner cable on that side, then it is likely that those side tab drivers have a problem... assuming that the other side "disconnect test" resulted in no picture.

Comment

Okay so I found the tabs. There are 5 in total. You recommend cutting all 5?
                                Attached Files

Comment

I'm looking at the "IC drivers" and they seem to be okay.. Would that make a difference?
                                  Attached Files

Comment

N...No...... not that one ....is you face the TV screen ( When you watch TV) on your right hand side!

Wait......Im uploading pictures.

PS: the TABs are under the transparent plastic strips.
                                    Attached Files
                                    Last edited by capwizard; 01-28-2017, 05:46 PM.

Comment

This is what I am looking at on the right hand side... Or do I need to remove all four metal bars to get behind that?
                                      Attached Files

Comment

Heeu..u......YES, See if you can just remove right hand side bar, and you will see the TABs under the transparent plastic strips

PS: it Should has 6-8 small black machine threaded screws
                                        Last edited by capwizard; 01-28-2017, 05:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                        X