Clear All

Hitachi (Vestel) 32hxc05u blue/red stand by flashing

Good evening guys.

Here is a toy I am playing with today

Hitachi 32HXC05U

Main board : 17MB82-2 23118936
    Power supply: 17IPS19-4
    Display: VES315WNEA-01-B

Will not turn on. It sits comfortably in Stand-by with good 12v supply from PSU.
    When you switch it on LED starts to flash between blue and red. You still have +12v with the addition of +24v. Here comes BUT - on the control pin for backlight ON there is nothing - zero. Obviously voltage on the LEDs is just 24v without ground being switched by its controller.

To me it sounds as maybe flash problem?
    I can find flash for 32HXC05 ( without U at the end). If I am not mistaken this should mean UK plug????? If that is correct can I use that flash? And what was the procedure with USB flash drive. I have done it before, but it has been a while and cant seems to find the instruction. IMO a sticky thread with some instruction on Vestel junk flashing would be nice as there are so many of these.

Re: Hitachi (Vestel) 32hxc05u blue/red stand by flashing

Sorry - a slight mistake and update on the stand by led: when in stand by its red and not blue. Second thing is that when switched on from remote it flashes 7 times red with blue inbetween than all light is off for a half of a second. Afterwards its back to square 1 - 7 red ( with 6 blue in between) flashes again pause and so on.

Comment

Anyone?

Comment

if a flash issue this may work maybe send them a email
        https://shop.strato.com/epages/62027...roducts/E2P255
        https://shop.strato.com/epages/62027...ts/UPG83-Y4.01

Comment

This evening I will be making programmer for 25qXX flashes to be able to do that myself. I have the dumps from russian site anyway. Just I didnt really want to desolder the flash chips, hence me asking how was it flashing with the firmware on USB drive

Comment

this thread maybe worth a read does have some information regarding programming etc
            https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=44389
            have you tried freezing the ics does the set start up?
            Last edited by vinceroger69; 01-09-2017, 01:54 PM.

Comment

Not the best thread, but had over to my channel and watch MB82 flashing led repair.
              Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

Thanks reece i forgot you had made that video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPCisa9BYkk

Comment

Thanks guys, i have seen that video before, but couldnt remember what I was looking for ( exact phrase).

Anyway I was quite sure it was booting problem as it wouldn't even give a signal for LED backlight. So I reflashed both SPI flashes with dumps gotten from a russian site for a same model, but no U at the back. Now........... where do I start

Good news..... it starts, backlight are on it shows picture....in russian......upside down...in a worse quality than it should....

Anyone has good dumps for this junk?

One thing that I did notice while reflashing is that 25q64 would fail verification after being written. I did it 2 times 2 failures. I was calling it a day and was tidying my tools without and just run it again - presto - it wroti it ok AND verification went ok. Verified it a few times after that, as well as next day( thought maybe when its warm its working). All is good and checks out ok.

I do have another 25*64 from identical board from different vestel junk. But I think its Infenion and not Winbond - are these TVs fussy about the specific manufacturer/ part number or any 25*64 should work?

Comment

that firmware may of not matched the lcd panel used in your tv hence being upside down i wonder if theres aoption in the service menu to flip the picture? and maybe do a factory reset and channel scan you maybe able to change language?
                    Last edited by vinceroger69; 01-12-2017, 03:01 PM.

Comment

Good morning

Language is not an issue for me. Russian is one of few I do know. But flipped picture is a problem as well as blurry picture. Its absolutely brilliant when showing hitachi welcome sign, but blurry when you access menu or any writing ( Like volume, signal not present, etc, etc)

Comment

Core update works for all mb82.
                        Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

Comment

Hm... so why is the image is rotated 180 degrees and its blurry when text is showing up?

Cheers

Comment

did you try the core update from the link in reece video?

Comment

Good evening guys

Sorry for not writing earlier - been busy with other projects - Recovery truck and a misbehaving car. Today got the tv out of the garage and played a bit. Did a core update exactly like in the video. It did read from the flash drive, booted, but literally nothing have changed. was still in Russian, with flipped and distorted picture.

To show you what I mean here you are a few pictures and videos. What do you think?

Dropbox link to a folder

EDIT: Forgot to add that i dont think there is a sound at all.
                              Last edited by vitasik; 01-31-2017, 03:12 PM.

Comment

I have a source where I can find the firmware for this TV. You need only an usb stick. Unfortunately I cannot provide you the software for free. PM if you are interested.

Comment

Originally posted by ducky29 View Post
                                  I have a source where I can find the firmware for this TV. You need only an usb stick. Unfortunately I cannot provide you the software for free. PM if you are interested.
                                  Tight arse why not help others I did gave £40 worth free on here lol

Comment

Originally posted by ReeceyBurger123 View Post
                                    You know that it is very difficult to find the exact firmware for Vestel.Id be really happy to help everyone that I can, but I do not find these firmwares on my own. I buy them.

Comment

Originally posted by ReeceyBurger123 View Post
                                      I bet you gave way more than that as right advises to countless people.
                                      As for a "right" firmware - I am guessing that it wont be any different to what I can source on my own for free from different sources. Russian sites are for one - plenty of stuff out there.

As I said before I know a few languages and can benefit from using more sources - Russia, Ukraine, Bulgaria.

If I am not mistaken now I will need to remove the flash chips once more and try to find other source for the bin file.

Am I on the right track with my thoughts - 25Q64 is used for core bin - same on all 17mb82 and 25Q16s bin is the culprit of my issues? Or is the core update reflashes both chips.

My idea is to desolder only 25Q16 and play with it for a bit trying different options

Comment

EDIT: I am not tight or greedy - I got this tv to have some fun playing with. Its my hobby messing with everything -I have been car electrician, mechanic, Immo manipulations, previously was etching PCBs, repairing motherboards on PCs, etc, etc, etc. I am no expert in any of it but I always get things done in the end.

Comment

Working...
                                        X