Vizio E500i-B1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Vizio E500i-B1

Yes, The STBY PS used is IC9301 STR A6069H, the main switching supplies used is IC9101 LCS703LG, then 24v to mother board buck to 16v to drive 16 arrays of 6 LEDs each.

PS: power pilot light is on when you push power button the LED diminished slowly, Good question, How come SB5v will go down?

PS: Possible is a smd part act strangely? Hairdryer cover pretty large areas, but I did use DUSTOFF to cool it down.
    Last edited by capwizard; 01-06-2017, 03:19 PM.

Comment

hahaha the most lovely post i read over here.. capwizard when i follow yours post here make me feel i do read Hollywood movie script ..
      keeps us please the end of this movie.

Comment

Dear Diah: Wie geht es Ihnen.
        I need to win back the customer trust, my time is running out , Ich werde mit Ihnen das nächste Mal reden.

Comment

You mentioned that the customer said it was an "at switch on problem".
          Do you know if this was using the remote to bring it out of standby or was the set being switched on using the switch at the rear of the set.
          Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

It is A 50" tv , I guess he was using remote, he look like lazebone , I mean the tv's screen and stand are really dirty, I am afraid to call him again, he might said " Fix A tv , so many questions!"

PS: I am at a poor neighborhood, because rich people they don't fix tv, I mean, they bought extended warranties.
            Last edited by capwizard; 01-06-2017, 05:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by capwizard View Post
              power pilot light is on when you push power button the LED diminished slowly...
              That's how it is supposed to work. It indicates that the TV is on, then fades to off after about 5 seconds.
              Last edited by SLK001; 01-06-2017, 05:30 PM.

Comment

RTFM ..
                sorry had to be said ..no offence intended ...

Comment

Thanks for everyone's help. Will update.
                  I ordered the parts and power supply board at same time, and I offer customer two options, one is the loaner TV, other is their TV plus a can of Dustoff and tiny hole in the back of TV, just for temporary use until parts came. they choice the loaner TV.

PS: RTFM means Return To Friendly Motion.....from Old English Dictionary for Gentlemen.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by capwizard; 01-06-2017, 07:30 PM.

Comment

Why do you buy ICs from Aliexpress when you can buy them from Mouser?

Aliexpress will take 2 weeks, and they maybe fake.
                    "Tantalum for the brave, Solid Aluminium for the wise, Wet Electrolytic for the adventurous"
                    -David VanHorn

Comment

Power Integrations, they make this parts, Hiper LCS Integrated LLC Controller, High-Voltage Power MOSFETs and Driver, the logo PI..it match with the Aliexpress's picture, it is a monopoly product, not easily, and no profit to counterfeit,
                      https://led-driver.power.com/search/site/LCS700-708/

"Aliexpress will take 2 weeks" sometimes took them 1 month to ship here! for cost reduction no choose, same with the quantity, 15 PCS.

Comment

it depends on the customer too on how quick they want to get there own set back but if you have a loan tv that helps i guess and cost saving on parts is good as you want too make a profit and buying 15pcs have a few spares ive used aliexpress afew times now and parts seem to work ok but yes risk of fakes from them and also ebay etc.

Comment

Your logic is good, but even when they're the real IC, you still don't know the supply chain. Are they factory seconds? Pre-production samples? The problem with China is that nobody knows, and even if they did, they wouldn't tell you.

Do you really want more unknowns when repairing for someone else? Are you willing to risk reputation\returns on saving a few dollars? It's your choice, but I know what mine is.

Not to mention the Chinese sellers wrap these things in clingfilm, sellotape, bubblewrap, whatever they get their hands on, and don't give a f**k about ESD protection.

I go to real distributors like Farnell\RS-Components\Digikey\Mouser first of all and use the no-name Chinese sellers on Aliexpress\eBay only as a last resort.
                          Last edited by Agent24; 01-07-2017, 05:25 PM.
                          "Tantalum for the brave, Solid Aluminium for the wise, Wet Electrolytic for the adventurous"
                          -David VanHorn

Comment

Thank you, I will remember that "I go to real distributors like Farnell\RS-Components\Digikey\Mouser"
                            which I used to do that, and I have business TAX free account with them (Digikey,Mouser).

Comment

..okk...waiting to order my LCS703LG from mouser.. subscribed!!

Comment

Originally posted by capwizard View Post
                                Thanks for everyone's help. Will update.
                                I ordered the parts and power supply board at same time, and I offer customer two options, one is the loaner TV, other is their TV plus a can of Dustoff and tiny hole in the back of TV, just for temporary use until parts came. they choice the loaner TV.

PS: RTFM means Return To Friendly Motion.....from Old English Dictionary for Gentlemen.
                                Hey capwizard.. Interesting to note: I notice that these boards have a different number than my power board: 715G6100-P04-003-002H versus mine 715G6100-P05-003-002H , does the P04/05 matter? Cause I can find cheaper boards if I went with another number other that 05!

Comment

It depends on your TV's panel....find your TV panel NO. then search on ShopJimmy......

Comment

I did the hair dryer test a few minutes ago. Turned on tv , led panels came on , 15VDC on 4th pin down.. put dryer above IC9101 , power shut off of tv. Must be the issue ...ordering 1 today.

Comment

Copycat.........................
                                      Attached Files

Comment

Haha.. to u if this fixes this stupid tv!!!

Comment

Why not!.....pinky swear. Will update.

Comment

Working...
                                          X