Samsung PN50A530S2f Power Cycling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung PN50A530S2f Power Cycling

Hello my TV is power cycling when plugged in and I was hoping to some help troubleshooting it. The screen does not turn on, but the white light under the power button does come on every three relay clicks. There is no lights on on the logic board either. If anyone has anything that they can suggest I do to fix my TV I would appreciate it. Thank you

Re: Samsung PN50A530S2f Power Cycling

Advise do some research on google plus the forum. Read what you should add to a thread. Run the test patterns. Test voltages. Help us help you.
    Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

Hello Reecy, my TV is doing the exact symptom as the TV in this thread was doing when the main board was replaced with a new one. This makes me believe that the main board is broken. Is there anyway to confirm that this is the case? The thread I am talking about is https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=27535.

Thank you

Comment

Here are photos of the different boards on the Plasma TV. I took the main photo from the thread I linked before as my TV is the same. All other photos are the boards located on my TV. Sorry that I did not put them in my original post, I do not know how to edit my posts and I did not think to put any photos in until I read the pinned post at the top.

Thank you
        Attached Files

Comment

Could you post a clear picture of the bottom of your main board? This may be a "C102" fix.

Do a forum search for "C102".
          Last edited by cliff_hootarski; 10-09-2016, 11:39 AM. Reason: addition

Comment

Originally posted by cliff_hootarski View Post
            Could you post a clear picture of the bottom of your main board? This may be a "C102" fix.

Do a forum search for "C102".
            Hello Cliff here are some photos of the Main board. I was unsure what you meant by main board so I took one of the bottom of the power supply board and two of the main board that has the inputs on it. Sorry that the one of of the Power supply is upside down, I am unsure on how to rotate it as it shows up correctly on my computer.
            Attached Files

Comment

2nd picture, upper right portion. Do you see C102?
              Did you search the forum for "C102"?

Check this thread:

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...highlight=c102

post 21 and beyond.
              Last edited by cliff_hootarski; 10-10-2016, 09:31 AM.

Comment

I am going to order the capacitor and I will update once I have changed it out! Thank you Cliff.

Comment

I replaced the capacitor with no luck. I did a voltage check using the Va and Vs test posts on the Power board and was showing no voltage. What would my next steps be to verify that there is something wrong on the Power board and not the main board or logic board not turning on the Va or Vs.

Thank you

Comment

On the power board you will see a smaller board bottom right, this board has a fault code led that should be alight when in Stby. and will flash a code if there is a fault on this board (relays click then code is given on start up), you will see a list of codes. are you geting a code? what is it ?

Comment

Hello Flocko,

The LED stays on all the time even after the relay clicks. What do you think my next steps are?
                      Thank you again

Comment

The LED being on shows you have Stby voltage, and you hear the relays click , and power board shows no fault code.your Main board is sending PSon signal as the relays are working. Try pulling all the other plugs from the power board just leave Main board and control plugged in. try to turn the set on with remote or side buttons hoping the relays will stay in, check voltages if they do and let me know

Comment

Hello, I have tried to unplug all other boards except for the mainboard and logic board connected and the same power cycling happens. I do not have the remote but I tried pressing the power button and the relays still kept on clicking.

Comment

you will need to test the power board as a stand alone unit,remove all the plugs from the power board,leave only the mains in connected. on the socket that goes to the main board (bottom right) find PSon +Vson and 5vsby , take the lead from the main board that was plugged in to this socket and remove from the main board end. after finding the pins for PSon refit plug back to power board socket, then fit a wire to the socket on the other end of the lead to PSon pin.when this wire is grounded the relays should click and stay in all the time you ground it.with the mains supply on try this.

Comment

Hello Flocko,

When putting a resistor between the PS_on, and a ground the power board clicks on and stays on. When all boards are connected to the power board and the PS_on is connected to the ground the relay clicks and stays on. The connector I did this on I could not find the +Vson and 5vsby you were talking about. I have attached a photo of the connector I used.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Your gonna need to short pson with 5svb before the others have voltage .After u shorted those pins you can take multimeter and check the voltages .

Comment

Does tv get a green power light indicating power supply board working.

Comment

Try to see if u get green light
                                    then try checking voltages

Comment

one step at a time. with PSon to ground (no need for a resistor) check all the small voltages 5.3v/12/18v+Va should all be there now, so check these and get back after, then I will tell you how to get the VS to come up . Packard93 these powerboard do not work with PS.on to standby

Comment

Hello flocko,
                                        After turning on the Power board I checked the main board connector voltages. The only two that are showing a voltage are the PS_on and the Standby pin.

Comment

Working...
                                        X