Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sharp LC-70LE757U Flashing 2-5 :-( can it be saved economically?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sharp LC-70LE757U Flashing 2-5 :-( can it be saved economically?

Hey guys, new to this forum, I found your post after acquiring an Lc-80le757u with the 2-5 have tried the bypass power on sequence and no avail. I have disconnected power to the tcon and the cable from the main board to the tcon as well as disconnected the led plugs on the power supply and same issue....I also disconnected the left most ribbon on the tcon and same issue even when all boards were connected together and to power....any ideas as to if this rules out a panel and more towards the supply possibly?

Comment

you need to leave the tcon fully connected. You need to disconnect the small cable in the lower right or left side of the panel. The cables interconnect the side boards on the panel to edge boards on the bottom of the panel. Depending on which corner cable gives you a picture will indicate which side of the panel is in trouble...maybe. Otherwise you need to start troubleshooting a bit deeper looking at the board level (power / tcon / main) at varying voltages.

Unrelated to this, but a "milestone event", the sharp that I had saved "economically" turns "1 year old" next week. Owner loves it.
      Last edited by budwich; 09-07-2016, 05:20 AM.

Comment

Ok I have one of these tv's Sharp LC-70LE857U..

I'm getting the same fault the flash code 2 5.

With the tv face down and the right side ribbon cable unplugged I can see the outter lights light up ..

So my question is do I peel off all 5 of the ribbon cable's from the boards and the panel on the right side of he set where the ribbon is unplugged and once the are peeled off plug the ribbon cable back into the t con board and that should fix it ?

Just wanna make sure before I start ..

Comment

?? not sure that I understand the question.
          perhaps posting a picture of your situation to ensure things are being referred to properly so there is no misunderstanding.
          for instance, "right side ribbon cable"... are you referring to the one in the lower corner of the panel or one at the tcon board? your statement further seems to refer to the TCON connections being plugged back in. ??? the "check" for which side the tabs are removed is done with all the tcon cables plugged in... hence my "confusion" as to what you are referring to.

Further, "do I peel off all 5 of the ribbon cable's from the boards and the panel"... you only need to remove the tabs from the panel... you will then pull the side boards out from the set as they are no longer of any use.

Still further, "...the right side ribbon cable unplugged I can see the outter lights light up"... not sure if that proves much... what happens when the other side is disconnected?
          Last edited by budwich; 10-02-2016, 10:54 AM.

Comment

Ok in the first pic as you can see the ribbon cable to the t con board is unplugged..

If i leave that ribbon cable unplugged as you can see the led's light up around the edge in the 2nd pic..

If i plug that ribbon cable back in the tv will flash 2 5 error code.. if i leave that cable plugged in and disconnect the the other ribbon cable on the left hand side of the tv going to the other set of t con boards i still get error code 2 5

So the problem is with the right hand side ..

So my question is do i peel all of these cable's off ( all 5) from the panel as seen in pic 3 and remove the t con boards since they will no longer work
            Attached Files

Comment

that certainly helps with clarification.
              so the "detached" ribbon that your are referring to (picture 1) is not going to the tcon board... it is interconnecting, bottom edge boards to side edge boards. For information, the tcon is somewhere in the middle of the back... you should see either 4 or 2 large ribbon cables going to it from the bottom edge boards.

Anyways, as you have tested, it does appear to be an issue with what you refer to as the "right side". Your picture 3 shows the edge boards going up the side. If you unclamp those boards from the holders, and gently turn them over, you might see the tab driver chips on the 5 cables that you have highlighted. You need to be able to get at where those cables are bonded to the side of the panel. You may not be able to get at the bonding areas without removing / moving the bezel away from the side. You need to get reasonable access to those bonding areas to peel away the tab cables as cleanly as possible. Once they are removed, you can take the side boards (therein) and remove them (along with the flex cable that you had unplugged)... they are of no further use. Hope that helps clarify things.

Comment

Thanks for the info ..

Did what you said tv is up and running perfectly for an hour now

Greatly appreciated

Comment

great... happy viewing. the set associated with this thread just past its first year "anniversary"... owner is very happy and so is his pocket book.

Comment

Hoping someone can help me with my LC-70LE757U. Mine is only 1 1/2 years old, barely out of warranty. The 3D feature had been working fine, but now it wont work. When I do the built in 3D test, the images just will not converge to make 3D. My son has the exact same tv model and his works just fine with the various 3D glasses I am using to test mine, so the issue is absolutely the 3D on my TV. I called Sharp and they walked me through a soft and a hard reset of the TV but it did not solve the problem. The picture and sound of the tv in 2D mode is perfect and I really love this tv, but was really hoping to be able to watch 3D on it again. Any ideas?

Comment

The owner of the set that I "saved" in this thread does not use the 3D function so I don't know if a panel issue would cause your problem. I would suggest you should potentially start a new thread with specifics about your problem as this current thread does not really cover it (of course, read the stickies on posting a new thread for better followups). My first guess would be a TCON problem (timing problem)... although limited experience / reading if I recall in some sets the 3D function is provided by additional hardware.

Further: a quick read on 3d would suggest an issue with the emitter on the set not working correcting resulting in the "shutter glasses" not operating as designed... maybe.
                      Last edited by budwich; 10-23-2016, 08:33 AM.

Comment

Thanks. Great suggestion and I just tried it with the non-battery powered 3D glasses, having high hopes that would be a solution, but unfortunately the images are still not merging to create 3D images so I guess the issue is not in the IR sensor. Must be in the motherboard or in the TCON board. Is there a link available to the repair manual for the LC-70LE757U so I can look up where the 3D feature resides?

Comment

OK... I see you started a new thread which is probably good... BUT did you look thru the sticky section to see the pointers how to go about things in the forum... otherwise, you will likely get limited help from busy people.

Further, I wasn't really expecting much from different glasses (ie. passive passive don't rely on the emitter but also need a certain kind / type of image... it was just a thought)... however, the point would be do you see any difference in the image. Still further, with your glasses, do you see a difference between things like "battery out / off", covering one side / eye or the other. If you are lucky, I think there are some tests that you can do with a camera set to "night/ ir lighting" to see if the emitter is working.

Comment

Wow! I just stumbled upon this thread following an online search. I read the entire thread and, fumbling along, I have hit what I consider to be 90% paydirt. Here's the story (which sounds a lot like those of other participants to this thread). I have a Sharp Aquos LC-70UQ17U which I picked up yesterday on a lark. The previous owner reported that the thing had gone dead. He had done some Internet sleuthing and had replaced the power supply. Much to his surprise, that did not fix the problem. He was giving it away and I took it home. Quite by accident, when the room was completely dark, I noticed the "2 long, 5 short) blink code. At this point, the backlignt only came on dimly for a few seconds. Anyway, to make a long story short, I followed the threads to the point where it was recommended that the ribbon connectors at the bottom rear of the screen might yield some insights. I disconnected the one on the right hand side (when looking at the back of the television) and plugged the TV in. Right away, the red Sharp logo came on and I figured I was in business. So, right now, the television is running although the same side of the screen (the left side when you are looking at the screen) is quite a bit darker that the other side. Other than that, I get bull menus, etc. If I plug the connector back in, the set is dead again. Same thing if I unplug the other side.
                            So, I am sure that all I need is a little more help (or to be told that that is as good as it's gonna get and that the dark half is just a fact of life. So my two questions are:
                            1- Can I get the "darkside" issue rectified?
                            2- What do I do next.

By the way, I noticed that one of the main contributors (gurus?) to the thread (Screen name burwich) lives in Kanata Ontario. I am in Orleans so, if you are willing to help me out, maybe we can do it over the phone or meet for a coffee at Timmie's or something.

Thanks in advance,

Comment

you need to clarify your post a bit.... "... If I plug the connector back in, the set is dead again. Same thing if I unplug the other side...." what does this actually mean... using "same thing" does not specifically say much without a lot "guessing" by those who read it. Please revisit and restate exactly the "test" and the result / observation from each test. Once you do that, then the guessing will be less and odds are good you will be successful. Further post a picture or two of the screen with a known test pattern and that will go a long way in helping with the "observations".

IF you get a screen with either corner cable disconnected, then you might have some other issue or this version of the set is designed different so you might have to share pictures of the back to help things along.

Comment

Well, after much re-reading of this thread and of similar threads on this site, I took the plunge. I left the TV in its upright position on its pedestal base. I removed the 7 or so screws from the side bezel along with the screws along the top bezel. This allowed the top bezel strip to come off which, in turn, freed up the side bezel. At this point, I had to be careful because the outermost layer of the entire screen wanted to flip down. I put one screw back in along the top bezel to keep it from doing that. Then it was just a question of carefully peeling the tabs off of the screen. The bottom one was the most challenging because the side bezel was still attached to the bottom bezel but I still managed. The was a very small amount of the tab left on the third one down but I decided to try it like that and see how it went. To my sheer and utter amazement, the screen image was absolutely perfect. No lines, no blotches, no slow refresh, just perfect! Freakin' WOW! Thanks so much to all of the people who actually know about this stuff for having taken the time to sort this out. Excellent! I was able to watch The Game on my new 70-incher and, to make the day perfect, the Sens beat the Panthers 2-0... The End of a Perfect Day!

Comment

Good evening,
                                  I'm looking very quikly a firmware for tv led SHARP model no: LC-60LE751E. I need of it. Maybe has got someone
                                  Thanks.

Comment

Re: Sharp LC-60LE751E Flashing 2-5 :-( can it be saved economically?

Good evening,
                                    I'm looking very quikly a firmware for tv led SHARP model no: LC-60LE751E. I need of it. Maybe has got someone
                                    Thanks.

Comment

Check the Sharp website they have firmware for download.

Comment

Hey there bud any luck? I hope you find a way to get this fixed- I have this exact model tv- its my main set and its awesome- we have an 80" and another 70" Aquos's which are both a year or 2 older and are awsome but this set is a notch up. If you know of any way I can fins a diagram for a 60" Aquos power supply, that would probably get close to fixing my latest issue- heres the link-
                                        https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...ear#post722444
                                        Thanks,
                                        TJ

Comment

Ok I have a LC-70LE755U doing the "25". Below the first picture is with the left side of the tcon ribbon disconnected which shows a perfect picture and the second picture is with the right side disconnected which shows a distorted picture. I'm still not convinced that my problem is NOT the tcon so I've made an offer on one. But just wanted to get confirmation that pulling off the driver ribbon on the left side may fix this tv. What do you think?

Oh and by left side I mean as you look at the back of the tv. It would be the right side when viewing it correctly from the front.
                                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                          X