Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sharp LC-70LE757U Flashing 2-5 :-( can it be saved economically?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sharp LC-70LE757U Flashing 2-5 :-( can it be saved economically?

Wow. Well I let you guys know how I make out when I get another TCON.

I think my tv has an issue with the left side drivers though.
    Gotta be sure. Only get one chance!

Comment

Looks good! Congrats
      Did I leave the soldering iron on?

Comment

Just as further follow up. TV has been moved back to the neighbor (owner). He decided to return the replacement samsung (still within the return period... that's another discussion, not to my agreement) and is now using the "saved" sharp. Not sure how long it will go but will report if anything shows up.

Comment

So it was still a "panel problem" , but one you were able to sort of fix. Wow. Way to go. Kinda wish I had known about this before, but I'm pretty sure all of mine were cracked anyway.

Comment

And I'm also happy to report that the 70 inch vizio e701i-a3 that I repaired with the same problem of course using a sharp panel is still working fine used heavily everyday

Comment

Any updates on the TV? I have the same model and I'm about to tackle this same task. Hopefully HOPEFULLY I'll end up with the same result. It's such a shame too, I've had the TV less than 2 years and already it's down for the count.

Comment

Neighbor took back his samsung and moved the "saved set" back into its rightful spot. He says the picture is as good as the day he bought... :-) Its been operating most evenings and weekends for about 10 days now. Anyways, he is kind of ahead of the game as Sharp originally gave him some "compensation" for the panel even though it was out of warranty and let him keep the set "for parts". You should perhaps contact sharp first to see if they will do anything for you before you embark on this journey.

Comment

Yeah I think I'll do that. I have my receipt and everything. It's a week shy of being two years old and for the amount of money I paid that's a shame. Hopefully sharp will identify this problem and update the design. Thanks so much for not quitting and following through with the save. My heart sank when I got the 2-5 morse code and every place I read said it wasn't possible to save it. I have already learned so much from this thread, gives me hope lol.

Comment

There is one concern though...I have the LED model lc70le7500u so I wonder how much this is going to differ from the LCD one your repaired

Comment

I think if you follow the thread here and others that have been posted, various TV models present themselves with different issues. There is no guaranty that the "fix" mentioned herein will work on your set, first because you need to identify the EXACT issue and second, you need to test where the fault may lie. Pulling / removing the flex tab /driver cables IS the LAST resort and NOT the starting point in your journey.

Comment

Originally posted by Golgo13 View Post
                        I have my receipt and everything. It's a week shy of being two years old
                        Some credit cards double the original manufacturers warranty. Check yours if you paid by credit card.
                        --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

So I haven't had time to delve into this as I've been on a 3 day out and back with the military. Anywho, I come home and had left the TV unplugged the whole time I was gone. Just as a hey what the hell, I plugged it in and everything worked as advertised...something is fishy here....I know it's only a matter of time before this sucker acts up again. Now I've got to decide if I want to open up this can of worms or not....I doubt the LED TV fairy came and fixed it while I was gone. Hmmmmmm

Comment

Originally posted by retiredcaps View Post
                            Some credit cards double the original manufacturers warranty. Check yours if you paid by credit card.
                            Checked the receipt and of course I paid in cash....but thanks for that tip! From now on I'm going to keep that in the back of my mind and call my credit card company tomorrow and see if they honor such a thing. Appreciate the help!

Comment

Hope the "TV fairy"'s magic holds. Likely, scenario is that in "standby" and regular usage, that some heating is causing a problem somewhere but hopefully its not catastrophic. Good luck

Comment

I would be more susceptible to thinking that you have a tcon problem instead of a panel problem. Usually panel problems rear their ugly head right away tcon sometimes take a while under normal operating temperature.

Comment

Originally posted by freakaftr8 View Post
                                  I would be more susceptible to thinking that you have a tcon problem instead of a panel problem. Usually panel problems rear their ugly head right away tcon sometimes take a while under normal operating temperature.
                                  I was thinking that exact thing. However, earlier on in the thread where budwich was toying around with the different ribbons cables on the tcon board and only getting to connect 3 out of the four before the 2-5 cycle, that same thing happened to me.
                                  Last night I dove into it and ended up only being able to have three ribbon cables on the tcon, as soon as I connect the furthest left, 2-5 cycle. In fact, I can disconnect that, turn it on, (tv does in fact come on) then carefully reconnect it and she's good to go. After I get it working correctly, with all tcon ribbon cables connected, I can turn it off and on with the power button. It's only when I wait roughly 10-12 seconds with no power on and then try and turn it on again that it goes back into the 2-5 cycle. At that point I have to disconnect the furthest left cable and start the process all over again. That ribbon cable I believe is an 80 pin and goes to what I'm guessing the drivers for the panel?

Comment

Actually, my set acted exactly the same way. When I found that I could carefully connect the 4th cable and get the set "up", it ran for about 20 minutes then shut down. When I tried a couple of more times, I found the "thing" about sequence for starting (ie. connecting the 4th cable) and then could turn it on and off quickly (5-10 seconds), it would start up OK. Longer than that and it would only code flash thereafter. Eventually, I couldn't get into the "start up mode" with 4 cables connected and that's when I moved on to other cables "removals" looking to isolate which section was "complaining".... eventually ending up at the lower right side ribbon cable.

Comment

Well folks it's come down to this, I can get her to crank up about one in ten times plugging it in. Come Monday my buddy is going to help me wrestle this monster back off the wall but until then I'll just keep pickin away at it via the outlet. Once again thanks all for the help. Awesome forum. I'll let you know what I find once I can get the bezel off.

Comment

Originally posted by Golgo13 View Post
                                        Well folks it's come down to this, I can get her to crank up about one in ten times plugging it in. Come Monday my buddy is going to help me wrestle this monster back off the wall but until then I'll just keep pickin away at it via the outlet. Once again thanks all for the help. Awesome forum. I'll let you know what I find once I can get the bezel off.

What exactly are you seeing on the screen when it's up and running? Any odd horizontal lines or picture issues of any sort representing a failed side tab driver?

Comment

Originally posted by freakaftr8 View Post
                                          What exactly are you seeing on the screen when it's up and running? Any odd horizontal lines or picture issues of any sort representing a failed side tab driver?
                                          Well, when I can get it to boot up, the picture is absolutely flawless! At one point in time I did have the horizontal flicker but it was just briefly so I just turned the tv off and turned it back on. Never happened again. Then one day, it wouldn't turn on at all. I can't get it up and running with the input vol down button trick so that's out. But repeatedly turning off and on does work, just takes a while.

Comment

Working...
                                          X