Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Samsung UE32F5000 (UK model) with no display. Power supply is OK.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Samsung UE32F5000 (UK model) with no display. Power supply is OK.

Originally posted by budm View Post
    Lets us know how those LEDs work out.
    will do, coming from China so could be a couple of weeks.

Comment

yeah and they are pricey! its only information and advice that is free ?

Comment

Originally posted by flocko View Post
        yeah and they are pricey! its only information and advice that is free ?

not having a go, just not willing to shell out that much, plus I need 4 LEDS not 3. have a local recycling place that may be able to get me a full strip for a Tenner.

Also I have tried to add here everything I have done to get mine working in the hope it will help others!

Comment

The local recycling place that would be Second hand parts not new ? mine are new and free post, and did you ask if I would sell you four ? We thank you for telling us all how your set is coming on and the problems you have had along the way and i am sure we all look forward to the next chapter

Comment

The local recycling place that would be Second hand parts not new ? mine are new and free post, and did you ask if I would sell you four ? We thank you for telling us all how your set is coming on and the problems you have had along the way and i am sure we all look forward to the next chapter
            was try the LEDS from Ebay, as trying to keep this as cheap as possible.

What would be your best price on 4 x samsung ones (B Type) in your listing flocko? including shipping to Leeds I can paypal you today?

Comment

PM me your ebay user name,if you buy now for three, I will send four in the kit

Comment

Disconnect connections from leds, test whether strips are receiving voltage by testing connector pins to leds. You may find that no power is transferred.

Comment

PM me your ebay user name,if you buy now for three, I will send four in the kit

done and ordered flocko!

Comment

Originally posted by ralphup View Post
                    not having a go, just not willing to shell out that much, plus I need 4 LEDS not 3. have a local recycling place that may be able to get me a full strip for a Tenner.

Also I have tried to add here everything I have done to get mine working in the hope it will help others!
                    search the web for a company called Charles hyde and son in Pocklington , you can buy a brand new strip for £11 far better than paying £10 for a secondhand one that you dont know how long it will last.

Comment

Originally posted by michael dranfield View Post
                      search the web for a company called Charles hyde and son in Pocklington , you can buy a brand new strip for £11 far better than paying £10 for a secondhand one that you dont know how long it will last.
                      Thanks mate, in all I would need 3 strips if I was to just replace them like for like. I have ordered 4 LEDS from flocko, so will fit them first.

Comment

sods law that I could have got spare from a company in York, 20 miles from me!
                        Why is it Google didnt show up anything when I searched for the LED Strip part number?!?

Thanks for the heads-up michael, I will use Charles hyde and son in the future!

Comment

OK, so I am back up and running!
                          Screen is good, unfortunately flocko your LED's didnt arrive today, but I got a 9 LED STRIP from a 40" from a friend that works at the local recycling place for FREE!

Screen Backlight is set to 12 in the Menu (max is 20) so I'm hoping it will be good to go for a few more years, and I have a few spare LEDS just in case ;-)

screen is fine for what I need and I will sell flockos LEDS on, so if anyone needs them PM me.

Thank You for all the help and advice in getting me sorted!

Comment

sods law that I could have got spare from a company in York, 20 miles from me!
                            Why is it Google didnt show up anything when I searched for the LED Strip part number?!?

Thanks for the heads-up michael, I will use Charles hyde and son in the future!
                            Most of the stuff on the internet is out of date anyway ! When I type in TV repairs in my loacal area apart from me it comes up with 4 other shops, one closed down 10 years ago, the other passed away over 2 years ago, and the other 2 went out of business .

Comment

What an arse I am!

Swapped out the LEDS that flocko sent, all good, but got some dust in the screen, so stripped it down, to see that it was clear before full assembly, I managed to pull the right hand screen ribbon out whilst powered on, now the screen wont come back on, have I damaged the T-Con board or the LCD panel?!?! the Fuse on the T-Con board appears good. if I connect the powere with only one side of tcon board to LCD I get a clear screen with Lines on it but not HALF The picture as expected...

Comment

Doh ! I think you have killed the Lcd tab driver
                                Last edited by ReeceyBurger123; 02-29-2016, 06:35 AM.
                                Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

Originally posted by ReeceyBurger123 View Post
                                  Doh ! I think you have killed the Lcd tab driver
                                  so replacing the T-CON Board wont fix this??

Comment

Unsure sorry see what others think
                                    Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

Comment

What an arse I am!

Swapped out the LEDS that flocko sent, all good, but got some dust in the screen, so stripped it down, to see that it was clear before full assembly, I managed to pull the right hand screen ribbon out whilst powered on, now the screen wont come back on, have I damaged the T-Con board or the LCD panel?!?! the Fuse on the T-Con board appears good. if I connect the powere with only one side of t-con board to LCD I get a clear screen with Lines on it but not HALF The picture as expected...
                                      OK 30 Mile round trip and £20.00 later a Used T-Con board inserted and we are up and running again!

Thanks Flocko the LEDS are in and working...

budm, the LEDS I ordered from EBAY are too Yellow so thats not a good route to go!

Pleased that this is back in one piece and working 100% thanks again for everyone's assistance.

Comment

Awesome Turn down the Bl to 5 or so.

Comment

Originally posted by ReeceyBurger123 View Post
                                          Awesome Turn down the Bl to 5 or so.
                                          thanks and will do!

Comment

Working...
                                          X