Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for info on repairing Panasonic TNPH0800 A Board. TC-P42C1 1 Blink.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for info on repairing Panasonic TNPH0800 A Board. TC-P42C1 1 Blink.

As the title says, I picked up a 42" tcp42c1 with a 1 blink fault today. It looks like the a board is the fault. There are repair services available. Anyone have any insight to what the repair may be?

Re: Looking for info on repairing Panasonic TNPH0800 A Board. TC-P42C1 1 Blink.

My only experience with 1 blink and I discovered this by accident was on what would be your equivalent p42C2 and that was a corrupt / faulty eeprom which I believe was the panel data.

I'm sure it could probably be a number of things but that's all I got.

Comment

The service manual can be downloaded from Tom's website, but it does not give any usefull information on 1 blink:

No particular check point
      Panel status
      STB 5V SENSE time out

Do you hear any relays click in the power supply?

Comment

There's a relay click at power on. The LED goes solid. Then the relay clicks again and the LED starts flashing.

Comment

Originally posted by tw2005 View Post
          My only experience with 1 blink and I discovered this by accident was on what would be your equivalent p42C2 and that was a corrupt / faulty eeprom which I believe was the panel data.

I'm sure it could probably be a number of things but that's all I got.
          When you found the corrupted eeprom, how did you remedy the situation?

Comment

Originally posted by johnboy1313 View Post
            When you found the corrupted eeprom, how did you remedy the situation?
            Ordered an OEM from panasonic parts supplier. This model A board of yours does seem to pop up time to time with 1 blink. Does make me wonder if it's going to be eeprom or I thought some time ago someone suggested a bad ceramic cap on an A board but I can't remember enough as to what model. i wish i could to dig up the post.

Comment

Thanks for the info. I'll do some digging. At least I have a place to start.

Comment

Tri-State Module had this board for $90 with an additional 10% off and free shipping. New board installed and the set is back to working. I found this one in a dumpster with the base, power cord, and remote.

Comment

Just a follow up here in case someone sees a 1 blink error code, but I did fine a short on two capacitors on the top left side of the board. Unfortunately there is no location number for those caps. They are just below and to the left of the IC9806. I removed them out of circuit, and tested them again and no shorts. I tested the circuit itself with both caps removed and the short was still there. I then removed the mentioned IC9806 and checked for shorts again. Shorts were once again still there. I checked the other parts near it and couldn't find the source of the short. Not sure what is the source of the short but there is one there.

Comment

Working...
                  X