X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Panasonic TC-P46S1

Originally posted by splitcrete View Post
    I have been trying to solder thin wires to the transistor,
    but it is so small. Any ideas ? The board had a crater where it was once soldered.
    I can't do a trade in because the board is damaged. What now ?
    I was thinking along the lines of prototype board, solder the transitor on that, maybe also the resistors and recreate the cct, then scrap all that black stuff, maybe even cutting the tracks away a little, then sicone the proto board in place and jumper from the board to the relevant tracks,

You can get a blade cut the tracks on the proto board, I guess finding something with the correct spacings for the transistors pins,

You just need a little imagination and then care replicating the cct, links etc but should not be impossible for you to figure out.

Last edited by tw2005; 10-30-2014, 10:11 PM.

Comment

Actually finding the right spacing will be an issue, there must be something out there

Comment

A little IPA would remove the burnt carbonisation, with that you could probably see the tracks better, just a thought.
        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
          A little IPA would remove the burnt carbonisation, with that you could probably see the tracks better, just a thought.
          Looks a pretty bad burn. I had a similar situation on a 5081 with a smd diode, quite incredible how deep and the tracks lifted/fused. dug it out, filled it with epoxy but with this transistor, pretty fine pitch and not sure what is left of the tracks if any where that sat.

Anyway where there's a will, there's a way. Soldering wires to the Transistor though I think near impossible, don't like that idea.

Comment

If it's some kind of dual transistor array, maybe he could just replace it with two through hole transistors.
            Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
            For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
              If it's some kind of dual transistor array, maybe he could just replace it with two through hole transistors.
              It's a npn/pnp

Comment

I ordered a new board. the traces were to burned to fix. Will let you peeps know what happens with a new board. Thanks for all the help.

Comment

Soldering wires to the Transistor Was very easy with the right magnification .
                  It was burned under the traces, and I was going crazy trying to find a place to solder on.
                  So now the replacement board from China.

Comment

The traces looked good but they were non conductive .

Comment

The traces looked good but they were non conductive .
                      You would have needed to scrape off the soldermask with a flat head screwdriver or a knife before soldering.

Comment

Back to this set,sorry its been a wile. Jooo thanks for the pics, your pic is spot on. I have the print now. I can use 4 of the traces . Micro surgery after that lol. will post back when solder job is complete.

Comment

That board from China I canceled it , I have two of the five traces soldered . Next two will be easy,but its the middle trace that goes to R-421 is going to be the one . That is the trace that went under the Q-521 to R-421

Comment

I gave up on fixing the SC board. I got a board from e-bay for a TC-P50S1
                            TC-P46S1 It works just fine now. So TNPA4782 AC ... Can be replaced with TNPA4782 ...AB
                            46" 50"

Comment

hm, be careful because ER inductors are different it may blow SC or you may get pink-out on bright images (or blue-out on dark ones...)

Comment

The boards are almost exact only to caps different . Nothing getting hot picture is spot on . If it blows up I will post back with a damage report...

Comment

Day 2, This TV is still working great.

Comment

The boards are almost exact only to caps different . Nothing getting hot picture is spot on . If it blows up I will post back with a damage report...
                                    you could simply compare the 2 board part lists and swap over the different caps and also inductor coils are usually different between panels

Comment

My thinking is that I went from 46" sc board to 50" sc board the inductors, and caps would be of a higher value. I would never try it the other way around. So far it is running perfect I don't think I will have a problem.

Comment

My thinking is that I went from 46" sc board to 50" sc board the inductors, and caps would be of a higher value. I would never try it the other way around. So far it is running perfect I don't think I will have a problem.
                                        It's more about impedance matching the load i.e. the panel so has nothing to do with the electrical value.

I don't know what the long term effect would be if any?

The only thing you'd have to watch with this is being sure the same amount of transistors and the same type as they can vary as the size increases the load goes up which is why you see unpopulated locations on the boards.

Comment

I went over the board don't think I missed any thing, every thing was the same except the caps. The inductor coils were the same I will post pics as soon as I get a chance.

Comment

Working...
                                          X