X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Philips 37PF7321/98 cannot turn on

Originally posted by john_doe View Post
    What is happening???

I jump a ground to Gate and now the Gate is 20v and Yellow S(source) is 5v.

And the pin 3 of 1305 is 0v.

When I power off and on the tv, the led light on the front panel is green and stay green. Before this, the led is green and after about 2 sec will turn red.
    Just to be sure, I have remove the ground to G. And the voltage of the Gate is still 20v and the Source is still 5v.

How is this possible?

Comment

Just to be sure, I have remove the ground to G. And the voltage of the Gate is still 20v and the Source is still 5v.

How is this possible?
      What is happening???

I jump a ground to Gate and now the Gate is 20v and Yellow S(source) is 5v.

And the pin 3 of 1305 is 0v.

When I power off and on the tv, the led light on the front panel is green and stay green. Before this, the led is green and after about 2 sec will turn red.
      This is driving me nuts!

Now when I power up the tv, the front panel LED light is off. I press the power button and the LED turned green. The tv screen also lighted up! I swear I didn't do anything.

Am I seeing things? I better go and sleep.

Comment

Great stuff - hope it lasts - I dont know if its possible to unstick a stuck transistor- maybe?

If it doesnt come on again try heating that section of the board with a hairdryer maybe
        getting some voltage through heated something up making it work.
        Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

Darn, 143 posts and the TV start functioning by itself.
          Never stop learning
          Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
          http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
          http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
          http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
          http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
          http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

looks like we found part of the issue
            now if you do that with the 3 pin wire connected to the power supply, the relay might just kick on

Comment

How is this possible?
              you charged the transistor and it activated . I THINK !

Comment

Originally posted by budm View Post
                Darn, 143 posts and the TV start functioning by itself.
                IT IS SAYING, Stop poking me !!

Comment

Originally posted by selldoor View Post
                  Great stuff - hope it lasts - I dont know if its possible to unstick a stuck transistor- maybe?

If it doesnt come on again try heating that section of the board with a hairdryer maybe
                  getting some voltage through heated something up making it work.
                  I just check with the 3 pin plug 1305 connected. The Gate is 20v and the Source is 5v. Pin 1 and 2 of 1305 are 5v. Pin 3 is 0v.

When I power up the TV, no front panel LED light. Press the power on button and the LED light turn green and stay green. Screen on TV also lighted up.

Comment

Originally posted by bammbammfran View Post
                    you charged the transistor and it activated . I THINK !
                    more likely it has a slight leak and is feeding back into the gate./base

Comment

Now the TV screen is not lighted. Voltages at mosfet 7531 and 3 pin plug 1305 no change.

TV is unstable.

Comment

so that 20-20 and 5 are still at the transistor even when you power it off with the power button ?
                        To me that 20volts does not sound right
                        Also do you hear the relay click off when powering it off ?

Comment

so that 20-20 and 5 are still at the transistor even when you power it off with the power button ?
                          To me that 20volts does not sound right
                          Also do you hear the relay click off when powering it off ?
                          When I first turn on the main without pressing the power on button, there is 20v and 5v and Gate and Source respectively but no green LED light on front panel.

When I press the power on button, green LED turn on. 20v and 5v still on.

Did not hear the relay click when pressing the power on button on and off. Only hear relay click when turn off main power.

Comment

unplug the 11 pin wire on the standby board, then remove the number 7 wire from the plug
                            (you have to slightly lift the clip on the side of the plug with a pointy object and pull the wire out)
                            then power up
                            now check the voltages on the board that we were checking at the transistor and 1305
                            and do a separate check on the wire and the pin that we just removed

Comment

unplug the 11 pin wire on the standby board, then remove the number 7 wire from the plug
                              (you have to slightly lift the clip on the side of the plug with a pointy object and pull the wire out)
                              then power up
                              now check the voltages on the board that we were checking at the transistor and 1305
                              and do a separate check on the wire and the pin that we just removed
                              When pin 7 removed, 20v and 5v still there. 1305 Pin 1 and 2 are 5v. Pin 3 is 0v.

11 pin wire:
                              Pin 4 is 12v
                              Pin 5 is 5v
                              Pin 7 is 5v
                              Pin 9 is 12v
                              Others are 0v
                              Last edited by john_doe; 06-20-2014, 08:34 PM.

Comment

Even with main power off, the Gate of 7531 still has voltage, 14v and discharging slowly.

Comment

ok
                                  with all power off and with it sit to discharge a bit
                                  check resistance in both directions from the Drain (yellowD) to the Gate pin (Yellow G)
                                  if zero or close to it, the transistor went bad

going to need to cut a trace to isolate the Gate pin on that mosfet
                                  use an exacto knife or the like and cut out the yellow section at the end of the pink arrow
                                  I am trying to see if the gate is causing the 20 volts or the board itself
                                  Picture attached if I remember this time
                                  Attached Files

Comment

ok
                                    with all power off and with it sit to discharge a bit
                                    check resistance in both directions from the Drain (yellowD) to the Gate pin (Yellow G)
                                    if zero or close to it, the transistor went bad

going to need to cut a trace to isolate the Gate pin on that mosfet
                                    use an exacto knife or the like and cut out the yellow section at the end of the pink arrow
                                    I am trying to see if the gate is causing the 20 volts or the board itself
                                    Picture attached if I remember this time
                                    Resistance from Drain to Gate is OL both direction.

7531 is new. Is it really necessary to cut trace? I have never done this.

Comment

7531 is new ???
                                      when did this get changed ???

yes, you have to cut it since there are no jumpers to remove.
                                      it's an easy redo

Comment

7531 is new ???
                                        when did this get changed ???

yes, you have to cut it since there are no jumpers to remove.
                                        it's an easy redo
                                        It was replaced yesterday before our test. I replaced it because I wanted to test it out of circuit and since it is out, I replaced a new one.

Ok, trace is cut.

Comment

now recheck usual voltages at G D S and at 1305 and also check the pad to the right of the cut

Comment

Working...
                                          X