Clear All

Re: Philips 37PF7321/98 cannot turn on

Originally posted by bammbammfran View Post
    I thought 6 was a ground
    IF that 10pin connector has a wire to the main
    try testing those pins
    pin 8 might be a possibility

Signing off
    Does your 'main' means the power supply board or the SSB board? 10pin connector connects to the SSB board.

Comment

Dont know if you can still edit it but should say red circular fuse

Talking of which I have found another one - its on the standby board pos 1500
      its a red rectangular box one. a 19398E1
      Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

Originally posted by john_doe View Post
        I have replaced the red circular resistor.
        Should be red circular fuse. Thanks selldoor.

Comment

Originally posted by selldoor View Post

You have sharp eyes, selldoor. Fuse 1500's resistance is 0.2ohm.

The standby board is not sending 5v to activate the relay 1350 somehow.

Comment

I have replaced the red circular resistor.
            you mean fuse ?
            did you use you power supply external to turn on the power supply and check the 7 pin connector for power
            looks like 2 grounds 2 of some voltage and another two of a different voltage and one solo pin

on the 10 plug that is next to the 11 pin plug
            when I asked if the 10 also went to the main board (what they call the SSB is what I meant)
            So again, that is the one we will want to look for that 5 volt on/off pin

Comment

Looks like the red rectangular fuse on the standby is not even in use
              it leads to two pins on the smallest 4pin plug and I did not see a wire going there. I also thing it's in a 12volt line
              I was going to have him borrow that one to replace the round one, but only for short testing since it is probably rated too low

Comment

you mean fuse ?
                did you use you power supply external to turn on the power supply and check the 7 pin connector for power
                looks like 2 grounds 2 of some voltage and another two of a different voltage and one solo pin

when I asked if the 10 also went to the main board (what they call the SSB is what I meant)
                I dont know if you know - I didnt - on the wiring diagram that I posted and that John posted just above it says on each socket how many pins it has
                Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
                http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

Very True! however in this case we are lucky enough to have a service manual which has a parts list.
                  What I do is open the pdf then press "control" "F" enter the board designator
                  and press next just to make sure its the part you want on the diagrams then
                  keep pressing next and hopefully it is listed and for 5506 you get this:
                  "5506 4822 157 11411 Bead 80Ω at 100MHz"

I started to look up the larger parts that I thought might be relevant to the 5volts in the area of the connector on the standby board that goes to the
                  relay.
                  There is a mosfet at 7531
                  and quite afew switching transistors bc817-25w and bc847bw
                  How can I test this mosfet 7531?

Comment

where the heck is 7531 ?

Comment

you mean fuse ?

Yes, it is the red circular fuse.

Yes, external 5v is used and the 3 pin connector 1305 is disconnected. For the 11 pin connector, only pin 7 has 5v, other pins are 0v.

10 pin connector, pin 8 has 5v and pin 7 has 4.183v.

Sorry, it is 5v not 8v. Typo error.
                      Last edited by john_doe; 06-17-2014, 07:15 AM.

Comment

Yes, external 5v is used and the 3 pin connector 1305 is disconnected. For the 11 pin connector, only pin 7 has 5v, other pins are 0v.

10 pin connector, pin 8 has 8v and pin 7 has 4.183v.
                        so pin 8 has 8v and pin 7 has 4.183v stays on all the time whether the power button is off or on
                        again: did you check for the voltages on the 7 pin plug of the power supply which is on the same side as the red fuse ?
                        AGAIN: looks like 2 grounds 2 of some voltage and another two of a different voltage and one solo pin

with power plug unplugged form power supply and some sit time to discharge the caps
                        lets try some resistance checks from the positive pin of the blue cap at 2533 by the 3 pin relay plug on the standby board.
                        want to see if that positive pin connects to one of the pins on the 11 or 10 pin plugs of the standby board

Comment

where the heck is 7531 ?
                          It is on the reverse side of the standby board. It is very hard to see, I just found it too.
                          Attached Files

Comment

so pin 8 has 8v and pin 7 has 4.183v stays on all the time whether the power button is off or on
                            again: did you check for the voltages on the 7 pin plug of the power supply which is on the same side as the red fuse ?
                            AGAIN: looks like 2 grounds 2 of some voltage and another two of a different voltage and one solo pin

with power plug unplugged form power supply and some sit time to discharge the caps
                            lets try some resistance checks from the positive pin of the blue cap at 2533 by the 3 pin relay plug on the standby board.
                            want to see if that positive pin connects to one of the pins on the 11 or 10 pin plugs of the standby board
                            Pin 7 is 5v not 8v. Typo error. Very sorry.

Yes, pin 8 has 5v and pin 7 has 4.183v and they stay on all the time even with power button on or off.

Voltage on 7 pin connector: pin 1 and 2 are ground, pin 3 an 4 are 17.29v, pin 5 and 6 are 35v and pin 7 is 17.24v.

Resistance test - only pin 5 and pin 7 of the 11 pin connector are connected to positive of cap 2533. None of the pins on the 10 pin connector connects to cap 2533.
                            Last edited by john_doe; 06-17-2014, 07:46 AM.

Comment

10 pin connector, pin 8 has 8v and pin 7 has 4.183v.
                              you did not have 12 volts on one of the 11 pin plug ? maybe pin 4 of the 11pin and possibly pin 8 of the 11pin
                              You may not if you have the connectors at the 3 pin and 4 pin plugs at 1309 and 1304 disconnected

Comment

you did not have 12 volts on one of the 11 pin plug ? maybe pin 4 of the 11pin and possibly pin 8 of the 11pin
                                You may not if you have the connectors at the 3 pin and 4 pin plugs at 1309 and 1304 disconnected
                                You are have AMAZING SKILL! 1304 and 1309 connectors were unplugged.

When they are plugged in, pin 4 and pin 9 have 12v each.

Comment

ok (I counted wrong on pin 8-9)

awaiting results from post 91

Comment

ok (I counted wrong on pin 8-9)

awaiting results from post 91
                                    Result in post #93

Comment

I did not see it because it looks like you added that with an edit.

BUT
                                      you had said that pin 7 had 5 volts and pin 5 did not and also in a much earlier test you said that this cap did not have 5 volts ??
                                      So now I am ???

Comment

I did not see it because it looks like you added that with an edit.

BUT
                                        you had said that pin 7 had 5 volts and pin 5 did not and also in a much earlier test you said that this cap did not have 5 volts ??
                                        So now I am ???
                                        Let me do this all over again.

Comment

OK
                                          again, when using external 5 volts to the relay, make sure the 3 pin wire is disconnected

Those pins go to that 7531

Comment

Working...
                                          X