LG 50PC3D Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LG 50PC3D Issue

A small turn, forgot to mention, the best thing to do is run the TV while doing it looking in a mirror, looking for any changes in the picture. You can turn it on/off a lot of times but it gets extremely tedious.
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Nothing very noticable, definitely not "fixed".

When adjusting the down, I could get some sparklies to show up. That's about all I could notice.

Comment

Been messing with it more, nothing makes any difference other than the down.
        The lines, split screen, and pink are still present and don't really change when making adjustments.

Comment

I'm sorry but I don't know what is causing your problem then. An oscilloscope would be necessary. My guess would be some fault with the Y-sustain but I'm not certain at all.
          Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
          For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Seeing as I just bought a YSUS off of ebay, would you recommend that I return it and get another one?

Comment

The fault between your Y-SUS boards is the same?

Comment

I'm not sure what you're asking.

I was getting a black screen, could very faintly see the image, with black spots all over.
                Replaced YSUS with part from ebay, which resulted in the image you see in the original picture.

I assumed it was buffers, as they are recommended to be replaced as well, but after installing the new buffers there is no noticeable change.

Comment

You had an image with faint black spots? Like a warming up lava lamp? Normally, I would call that a Z-sustain fault.

Comment

Well it is no longer an issue with this new YSUS board. From my understanding the ZSUS is related to backlight issues.

The screen was always "lit" up, it was lacking color would be a better description.

Comment

The Z-sus can cause a variety of faults. Any chance you took a photo of the original fault?

Comment

Unfortunately no I don't. Didn't even think about it until after I saw the lines and pink hahaa.

I do have the old board though. Would it be worth my time to put it back in?

On the same note, what would I be seeing if the buffers were bad?

Comment

Bad buffers cause vertical lines repeating down the panel but with NO visible panel data; you have a visible image even if it is distorted. I think the Y-sustain is bad.

Comment

How would you know there are vertical lines if there is nothing visible on screen?

I'm definitely seeing vertical lines, pink hue, and the split screen.

I'll go ahead and contact the ebay seller about returning or exchanging the YSUS.

Any thoughts on what's causing the split screen or pink? Are they related?

Comment

This is what you have, right?
                              https://www.badcaps.net/forum/attach...7&d=1398479559

If you could not see the Mazda? logo, you would have bad buffers, but since you can, something else is wrong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOUQ...direct=1&t=25s and
                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIDqrQGmngU

These older LG plasmas are nasty to debug.
                              Last edited by tom66; 04-29-2014, 09:42 AM.

Comment

Well that's a bummer.

Sounds like I should go ahead and throw in the towel, try to minimize the cost damage.

Unless you have any other ideas?

The first folks to reply in this thread mention the control board, are you still feeling like that is not an issue here?

I'd really like to get this working, but if it's just gonna be running in circles and spending $, then maybe it's time to bail.

Comment

The ebay seller is going to let me return the YSUS.
                                  He did not have any others to do an exchange, so I'll be getting my $ back minus shipping.

Would you recommend that I try another YSUS? Or just move on?

Comment

Any other thoughts here? I'm hesitant but ready to give up unless there is anything else I can try!

Thanks so much for all of the help so far, I've learned so much!

Comment

Sorry to keep bumping, just looking for opinions on whether I should call it quits with this TV or attempt anything else.
                                      I appreciate any ideas/thoughts!

Comment

I don't have any good suggestions right now, sorry.

Comment

Ok, no problem. I should be able to return the parts I've purchased and only be out the shipping costs.
                                          At least I learned a lot!!

On a side note, do you have a brand or model that you strongly recommend when purchasing a used TV?

Comment

Working...
                                          X