Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UN55d6050

Hi to all!

I need a ps board for a UN55d6050 and I got a friend with a brand new un55d6000 in the box with a broken screen, both set have the same parts?

Thanks for the help, my tv has a stanby light blinking, I check the standby 5vdc constant, but the other vdc are in and out,
    Thanks for any respond!

Re: UN55d6050

You will have to compare part numbers on each board to see if they match up

Comment

Pull the cable attaching the main board to the power supply. Plug the set in. Do the back lights come on ? If not suspect the power supply or back lights. If so, suspect main board.

Let us know what happens.

Comment

Thanks to all for the fast respond, ps is bad because it is burning the main fuse, I will try to repair it or other a new ps, also I read about the bad open leds, the led that post mmartell has 4 legs how do I test them?

Comment

The legs are in pairs, each side are connected together so you only need to connect across the led, doesn't matter which legs.

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

The bad led's you had, were they on the bottom half of the left hand strip by any chance ?

Comment

Hi- I also have same model no. back light will not light up and also set will not turn on. I changed power supply first and then main panel. still wont come but light keeps blinking like its trying too. can anyone help?

Comment

Hi- I also have same model no. back light will not light up and also set will not turn on. I changed power supply first and then main panel. still wont come but light keeps blinking like its trying too. can anyone help?

Comment

I think I posted twice. first mistake already. Im sorry. I have two power supplys for this model. If I can get set fixed I will have extra p.s.

Comment

If you replaced your main and power supply with know good boards then you have one or more open led's in your backlight strings.

You must remove the panel to get to the led's at which point you can test them individually with a DMM in diode mode.

Comment

thanks for the info. I was afraid of that. wish me luck.

Comment

I wouldn't exclude bad panel also.
                          Try removing one ribbon cable(from T_con to panel) at a time, and see if it turns on that way.

Comment

I made one last check before trying to get to leds. I inserted ammeter in-line with voltage input to leds and then turned set on watched meter and there was no activity at all so I assumed I have bad led circuit. I had hard time getting screws out. I had to use drill on some of them. I discovered there was 95 leds on each side. I assume they are in series. They appear to be mounted on long circuit board. I haven't finished checking all of them but I did find that some of them was dimmer than others. I'm learning as I go along. First time looking inside screen. Does anyone know if those led strips are available? More later.

Comment

I couldn't find these strips available - I think for the most part once the boards are stripped from most broken screen tv's the rest goes in the landfill. The good news is at the alarming rate these things fail good ones might start hitting the market.

Are you sure they're are not 100 per side ? If iit's anything like mine they are broken in to groups which are run in parallel with each other.

I'm still waiting on thermal glue. Going to try and replace my bad leds with good ones.

Comment

The one I stripped had 100 per side as well. They were broken into groups of 25.

Comment

Just got through removing one of strips on side and recounted and I had 99 with one empty spot. No grouping all in one row. Part no.--2011SVS55-FHD-5K6K RIGHT---The other side says left. Same number I guess. I found around 4 bad on each side and a lot look like burned out light bulb. Poor designed if you ask me. Just think you have to replace 600.00 tv because of 2.00 diode. These all mounted in series one goes all go out. Everyone that bought one of these flat screens needs to demand refund.

Comment

How many wires going to each strip ?

Comment

There are two wires to each strip. On ckt.board two wires are jumped together which puts them in series

Comment

You'll likely find the top and bottom half of each strip are run parallel with each other. That means for you to have no backlight you would have to have at least one open led on each of the top and bottom half of at least one side.

Comment

Working...
                                        X