X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LG49UH603v No image backlight on

On this set new LED strip. Backlight on but no image
    have discovered very hot ic in red market in the picture plus some capacitor that are shorted on mainboard ,3v,5v,and 12v is in present want help deciding which is the bad boy
    Attached Files
    Last edited by bohaboha; 03-26-2024, 05:40 PM.
  • Answer selected by bohaboha at 03-27-2024, 08:53 AM.

Originally posted by EazyBone View Post
    Is this bad image or I this ribbon extremely dirty. Almost looks burnt
    Bravo EasyBone and Diah very good eyes you guys have. that Ribbon is restored because I accidentally bumped it off

Comment

yours photo LVDS NO 2 damaged .. or didn't fit in the socket correct.. do it again correctly

Comment

have checked them are well put in place

Comment

Originally posted by bohaboha View Post
          have checked them are well put in place
          upload new photo of the LVDS NO 2. let see
          Last edited by Diah; 03-26-2024, 05:57 PM.

Comment

On main board ic7703 and capactor next to it are really hot plus the 4 smd capacitor under coil 220n2 is short
            You were right about the LVDS one just in the picture
            Attached Files

Comment

sorry man.. yours eyes very bad or you are under stress alcohol this why do don't notice the fault its very clear at Socket NO 2 LVDS.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	131
Size:	574.7 KB
ID:	3242838

Comment

Originally posted by Diah View Post
                sorry man.. yours eyes very bad or you are under stress alcohol this why do don't notice the fault its very clear at Socket NO 2 LVDS.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Untitled.png Views:	0 Size:	574.7 KB ID:	3242838
                yes it was not anymore se the last image not for the main board the pic was from thee first post but lvds you ask about
                Last edited by bohaboha; 03-26-2024, 07:22 PM.

Comment

Comment

Bravo EasyBone and Diah very good eyes you guys have. that Ribbon is restored because I accidentally bumped it off

Comment

a little update now I have re-removed THE ribbon which was badly soldered . but I see that IC7703 is burnt see the pictures. what to do now. tried to find on the internet but can't find anything with the designations that are on IC7703 is there anyone who can help
                      Attached Files

Comment

TPS65175B
                        https://aliexpress.com/item/1005002713379080.html
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by lotas; 03-27-2024, 12:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by lotas View Post
                          thanks so much lotas.have there must be some other components around that are ruined

Comment

Buy new.main board. That should do it.

And dayummm that's a nice hole in the chip

Comment

Buy new.main board. That should do it.

And dayummm that's a nice hole in the chip
                              There is no way to fix the main board? The hole I think it's my fault I used part of a candel to see how hot it is and I cleaned it badly afterwards

Comment

Lotas can you explain a few things on here for me?? I don't expect you to know or tell me everything but just to help me with my own knowledge.

For example. What is pin 12 Swb? What is SWB? And what purpose are the two resistors in parallel with 2 caps in series doing? Why is OPT on there? Is this an optocoupler?

Comment

this IC are programmable one. SWB software Bias, OPT are Optional in case in circuit non linear Diode in place. not as Zener diode... most all OPT on diagram you couldn't find them on the reality circuit as said Optional

Comment

Ahh brilliant Diah thanks. I did wonder what OPT could be and did consider I was making a mistake with optocoupler as this was not usual symbol for one.

Comment

12 pins SWB - 1.8V output voltage for panel buffer boards. Resistors and capacitors in this circuit serve as a filter for this power supply.
                                      Attached Files
                                      Last edited by lotas; 03-29-2024, 05:02 PM.

Comment

at the end this IC my first time i saw it exploded , and its cant replaced with RAW one.

Comment

12 pins SWB - 1.8V output voltage for panel buffer boards. Resistors and capacitors in this circuit serve as a filter for this power supply.
                                          Thanks very much Lotas. I'm beginning to understand a lot more about IC's and things like Vcc thanks to you and Diah.

Hopefully the next few projects I have lined up will give me chance to learn more and test more about this sort of thing without having to ask the very basics.

Comment

Working...
                                          X