Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Graetz / Akai CV338H-T50 bricked after firmware upgrade

Hi,

The original fault was set not loading completely and reboots. I have downloaded a firmware on usb, tried the upload but midway says incorrect spftware and shuts down. I have blank raster now.
    Anyone has experience on this mainboard?

In the download there are other apart from CtvUpgrade.bin

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	127
Size:	17.4 KB
ID:	3235739

Views:	114
Size:	754.5 KB
ID:	3235738

Views:	475
ID:	3235736 Click image for larger version

Views:	129
ID:	3235737

Is the firmware correct? Have you ever tried the old software by mstar in rt809 bundle software? There are several videos how to load again boot files and then start "upgrading"

Comment

Originally posted by Davi.p View Post
      Is the firmware correct? Have you ever tried the old software by mstar in rt809 bundle software? There are several videos how to load again boot files and then start "upgrading"
      I have the ezp2010 programmer so not sure if I am able to do this at the moment Is the software in an SPI chip ? never used the RT809

Comment

The board is smart tv so it has emmc.. but it is programmable via vga+usb..

Comment

Originally posted by Davi.p View Post
          The board is smart tv so it has emmc.. but it is programmable via vga+usb..
          Yes I agree, Can I use the VGA port to view what I am doing on the board? Never used this method.

Comment

not vga to view, vga to program, there is a serial port o vga connector, need rt809 or ch341a, check videos, i cannot stay here explain everyyhing, boring..

Comment

1. Write only one CtvUpgradde.bin file to a USB drive.
              2. Disconnect the TV from the 220 V network.
              3. Insert the USB drive into one of the connectors of the dual USB port.
              4. Press the power button on the back panel of the TV and, holding it pressed, turn on the TV to the 220 V network.
              5. Within 3-5 seconds, the software update process will start, and the red and green LED indicator will begin to turn on alternately, and information about the completion of the update process will be displayed on the screen. You can release the power key.
              6. At the end of the process, the TV will go into standby mode and the indicator will turn red.

Comment

Does the firmware you are trying to download match your panel? What model of your TV and what is the panel number?
                Did you update the first time with four files or just one? And does this firmware exactly match your TV model?
                Last edited by lotas; 03-15-2024, 05:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by lotas View Post
                  1. Write only one CtvUpgradde.bin file to a USB drive.
                  2. Disconnect the TV from the 220 V network.
                  3. Insert the USB drive into one of the connectors of the dual USB port.
                  4. Press the power button on the back panel of the TV and, holding it pressed, turn on the TV to the 220 V network.
                  5. Within 3-5 seconds, the software update process will start, and the red and green LED indicator will begin to turn on alternately, and information about the completion of the update process will be displayed on the screen. You can release the power key.
                  6. At the end of the process, the TV will go into standby mode and the indicator will turn red.
                  I have followed this procedure as have done it in the past.
                  firmware update started but at 25% displayed firmware error and rebooted with no display. Now Standby button red on. Backlights On.

tried several more times with another software and same happened.

Comment

Does the firmware you are trying to download match your panel? What model of your TV and what is the panel number?
                    Did you update the first time with four files or just one? And does this firmware exactly match your TV model?
                    I have updated with only 1 file CtvUpgrade.bin in blank Fat32 formatted USB.

I have 2 TVs with same problem.
                    Tried the software from https://www.kazmielecom.com/cv338h-t50-software/

TV1
                    MODEL: Graetz GR50E5300SA
                    PANEL: CX500DLEDM
                    LE-5018S

TV2
                    MODEL: SMART TECH LE-5017SA
                    PANEL: CX500DLEDM LE-5017S

TRIED SOFTWARE:
                    File 1:
                    -CV338H-T50_1920x1080_LE-5018N_USB

File 2:
                    s_05-01-23-11_BBK_50LEX-7027FT2C
                    Описание.txt contains:
                    Model BBK 50LEX-7027/FT2C
                    - Mat. board CV338H-T50
                    - Matrix CX500DLEDM

I have this CH431 programmer available that I suspect I need to use now that the TV seems bricked. So I was trying to find some good directions if I can fully upload the upgrade file somehow.

I would appreciate any comments / hints please.

Views:	116
Size:	130.4 KB
ID:	3236128

Comment

try find the YT video, especially those of ifix.net, where by connecting to the vga port UART, he gives a command that erases the previous firmware and leaves the Mboot (sorry don't remember the name) and puts the usb pen and starts upgrade with command..

Comment

Try this update "Graetz GR50E5300SA CV338H-T50 V500HJ1-PE8 LE-5017S", first with one file, it won't work, try with all four files, try with different USB flash drives...https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zaf...HQDfW5ZB8/view

Comment

If the eMMC is dead, then your CH341A programmer will not help you...
                          Attached Files

Comment

Try this update "Graetz GR50E5300SA CV338H-T50 V500HJ1-PE8 LE-5017S", first with one file, it won't work, try with all four files, try with different USB flash drives...https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zaf...HQDfW5ZB8/view
                            Good news! Tks LOTAS.
                            With this firmware I have managed to revive the Graetz TV and seems all working fine.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	755.1 KB ID:	3236314

The Smartec - wrong display but everything seems to work.
                            So am now looking for a matching firmware.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	672.5 KB ID:	3236315

TCON Smart tech Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	522.9 KB ID:	3236316
                            Panel SmartTech
                            Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	258.7 KB ID:	3236317

A tip will be underway Lotas for sure for your spot on help!
                            Last edited by alltvrepairs; 03-16-2024, 06:00 AM.

Comment

Try changing the bit rate in the service menu.

Comment

Try changing the bit rate in the service menu.

BOTH TV FIXED at last. Special tks to Lotas for sending me a good file to start with and all others contributing here.

Apparently I have been quite unlucky as the first 3 files downloaded contained errors and I had the impression I have bricked both sets.

The Graetz firmware worked immediattely.

Applied same firmware on Smarttech Tv, Tv revived but incorrect colours/bit rate due to different screen.

Have downloaded 5 more firmwares and finally found 1 that worked and had good picture, however required a Samsung Remote. Managed to Export the RC settings from the Graetz TV as use same remotes from SM Service Menu (Menu 1147).

Back to the Smarttech, Imported from SM the RC file and now remote changed fine... however noticed that from standby the TV needs the Samsung remote. Once on, switches to the original remote (strange).

Now I have exported the correct Display Settings to a USB and flashed again the Smartetch TV with the Graetz software. TV remote ok and wrong picture. Back to Service Mode and Imported the Display Settings from the USB. To see the change the TV needs to be switched Off and back ON.

Now I have everything in order. Checked WIFI and all ok.

Changed the logo screen to our capital city Valletta importing boot0.jpg

lotas I owe u

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	812.9 KB ID:	3236489

Comment

Ok!

Comment

Working...
                                  X