L.G. 42PC1D, dark flickering pic.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: L.G. 42PC1D, dark flickering pic.

From memory they have different colour transformers, they are wound for different output voltage ranges.
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

I have a blue and a yellow
      Attached Files

Comment

Its a bit academic --which transformer--You'll still have to get a donor board to get the replacement sub-board from!
        --If you do that--might as well replace the whole thing!
        TELEFIX

How PLASMA SCREENS WORK, X-SUS and Y-SUS what they do--
        http://www.irf.com/technical-info/appnotes/an-1088.pdf
        PLEASE DO NOT EMAIL ME PRIVATELY FOR REPAIR ADVICE. QUESTIONS BELONG ON THE FORUM!

Comment

True story ill have a look now see what's about

Comment

Hello, I have a similar problem with the same model TV, LG 42PC1D. I don’t know if I should carry on this discussion or start a new one but here goes. Hopefully someone can on this forum has got more experience with this modem and can give some advice.

My 42PC1D always had some red dots on black background. It never bothered me too much. One day it died (switched off) I replaced the Y-SUS board and it worked for a few days. After a few days I started getting grainy image when the set was cold. As soon as it warmed up it worked. The graining got worse and worse until it stopped working. Now I get a nearly black picture with flickering white dots. I can just about make out the menu on the screen so I know the TV as such is working because the menu comes up.

Checked the voltages. Vs and vA is fine. However, on the Z-SUS board the Vzb is supposed to be 100V DC but I can only adjust it down to about 130V DC. It is adjustable between 130V and 144V. What would cause Vzb do be high? Also, would a high Vzb cause the fault I am seeing?

Comment

Replace these in red on power board first then recheck All your voltages.
              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              X