LG 49UH603V Backlight issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LG 49UH603V Backlight issue

Hello everyone turns on the TV it flashes incessantly with picture and sound has taken apart and found that it is a led lamp that is burned (see picture )
    I wonder how do I know what is the strength for each individual LED because I will only repair this damaged LED lamp if possible.
    tried to post a video but don't know how to go about it.
    Thank you in advance for all your help
    Attached Files

nasty burn, best to swap the whole backlight set while you have it dismantled, just replacing one will lead to another failing in a month, all of them are well used and UH series is famous for the LEDs turning purple in two years (crap LG quality).

Comment

Agreed, change all the lights not just one. If you change one, use solder iron/hot air gun. To know what size you measure the led 3030 is 3mm by 3mm and using led tester will tell you voltage. In the end, replace all strips probably less then $30

Comment

Originally posted by EazyBone View Post
        Agreed, change all the lights not just one. If you change one, use solder iron/hot air gun. To know what size you measure the led 3030 is 3mm by 3mm and using led tester will tell you voltage. In the end, replace all strips probably less then $30
        I agree with you two but the guy doesn't have the money for it nor for what I've already done and I don't want to have TV left with me so fix a single Led is more practical but it's not certain that it's possible because it's pretty good burnt the lens is ruined and also the underside but I'll see.
        Biruslapio would like to thank you too

Comment

Look for something like this
          https://www.amazon.com/SSKUBAO-Strip.../dp/B095P6B6S2
          How can you replace a single LED
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wjm0nIlTzj4
          Last edited by yokoono; 01-27-2024, 11:19 AM.

Comment

Well, just take off the led and put a solder bridge there, should be fine, but as mentioned some more are probably right behind it, the lower they can keep the backlights turned down the longer the rest of the leds will last, did it with a 32 inch funai about 2 years ago, still doing fine with backlights adjusted down.

Comment

Some methods, he says there will be a black spot, it won't be as bright right there but you probably won't notice it at all, can not tell it on mine no matter how hard I look at it, keep in mind this probably ok for one led, I wouldn't do it for more than that: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fz-G33xJLmk

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
                Some methods, he says there will be a black spot, it won't be as bright right there but you probably won't notice it at all, can not tell it on mine no matter how hard I look at it, keep in mind this probably ok for one led, I wouldn't do it for more than that: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fz-G33xJLmk
                hi i want to put in all quotes on this answer but i don't know how to do it. Yokoono, that's exactly what I was going to do but first I need to find an equivalent LED light. Nomoresonys it will probably be so because as I said must first find in my collected rest strips otherwise it will be your tips and there is only one that burned down

Comment

Full set on ali express is 12.52$ if that's too expensive, so is this thread lol. From experience it's very bad idea to replace just one light because that s*** goes out within 3 months anyways good luck

Comment

You do what you have to, if the guy is cheap and the repair person is knocking himself out for pennies then he gets the penny value job, my penny job is going strong 2 years later with backlights turned down, what makes these burn up is they are usually set before you buy them to max or vivid, that burns them up very early, if you get them adjusted they will probably last quite a while, the one I'm referring to does about 8 hours use a day, no problem.

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
                      You do what you have to, if the guy is cheap and the repair person is knocking himself out for pennies then he gets the penny value job, my penny job is going strong 2 years later with backlights turned down, what makes these burn up is they are usually set before you buy them to max or vivid, that burns them up very early, if you get them adjusted they will probably last quite a while, the one I'm referring to does about 8 hours use a day, no problem.
                      It is reely dirty burnt se pics .i will replac it with a full set anyhow
                      Attached Files

Comment

Good idea, replace all, a solder blob won't fix that mess.

Comment

Working...
                        X