TH-42PX80U & TC-P42X1 Panny Panasonic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TH-42PX80U & TC-P42X1 Panny Panasonic

Photos are from TH-42PX80U Feb of 2008, and I can't figure out which number is the part number. Sorry I'm new at this.

I'm wondering if they were still using the same plasma panel and glass in June of 09 in the TC-P42X1. If not, then it will save me a trip.

It looks essentially the same from what I could find on the net.

If anyone has detailed information on how parts get numbered, I'm all ears.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by apetay; 01-01-2014, 04:57 AM.
    3 repairs under my belt, 3 repairs in progress

Re: TH-42PX80U & TC-P42X1 Panny Panasonic

MC106H30T11, 42"= 106.68cm, hence the 106.

The X1 should be MC106H30U12.

Is this going to be a panel swap?

SJ website is real handy for this kind of research.

It may be feasible, the buffer boards although different numbers appear to have the same profile. The key difference are the connectors used between the SC and SD/SU but apart from that should bolt in and match the ribbons. The newer model looks like there's some holes for plastic stand-offs.

The SC boards are matched to the PDP characteristics but I'm not an engineer.

Will the SC board mounts line up? that's worth looking at, at a glance it may just

What exactly are you trying to achieve? is the 2009 panel going into 2008 or vice versa?

If it was dirt cheap, might be worth the gamble.
    Last edited by tw2005; 01-01-2014, 06:29 AM.

Comment

I don't think it'll work... X1's panel will have a different gas mix, it's not compatible. It's a more efficient panel. 2007->2008, and 2009->2010 maybe, but not 2008->2009.
      Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
      For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Don't know if this helps but:

TH-42PX80U (gph11du) = panel # MD42H11A1J

TC-P42X1 (gph12du) = panel # MD42H12A2J

According to TVservice Parts there are no replacements available for either, which I would guess would mean they are non-compatible.

http://www.tvserviceparts.com/MD42H11A1J.html

http://www.tvserviceparts.com/MD42H12A2J.html

Comment

Who the hell charges $1500 for a plasma panel from a 6 year old, 42" 720p set?!
          Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
          For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Couldn't agree more.

I simply posted this as reference material only.

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
              I don't think it'll work... X1's panel will have a different gas mix, it's not compatible. It's a more efficient panel. 2007->2008, and 2009->2010 maybe, but not 2008->2009.
              That is a valid point, you'll probably have issues with voltage levels.

PX80
              Vset TPVSET
              (SC)
              320V ± 7V Fixed
              Vad TPVAD (SC) -149V ± 1V VR16600
              (SC)
              Vscn TPVSCN
              (SC)
              Vad+145V ± 4V Fixed
              Vda TPVDA (SS) 75V + 1V, -2V Fixed

X1

Vset TPVSET
              (SC)
              290V ± 9V Fixed
              Vad TPVAD (SC) -180V ± 1V VR16600
              (SC)
              Vscn TPVSCN
              (SC)
              Vad + 145V ± 4V Fixed
              Vda TPVDA (P) 60V + 1V, - 2V Fixed

Front glass PX80, TKGA5426S
              Front glass X1, TKGA5541S

Comment

This indeed was going to be an attempt at swapping the working 42PX80U panel into the TC-P42X1 with glass damaged in transit, but now I know it won't be worth the trip. Thanks for the help folks! So on to my plan B...

Can I swap these? They are obviously not the same part and rated a little differently but they do the same thing, essentially, right?

852318 is the one that I am suspicious is at fault for blowing the fuses on the power supply (LSJB1260-1 AN), and 852085 is tested working (harvested from a Toshiba 42HP95 w/ PSC1013IF M).

I promise after this stab at it in the dark, I will get a decent multimeter.

I'm so broke right now I can't even pay attention!
                Attached Files
                Last edited by apetay; 01-01-2014, 10:01 PM. Reason: Photo did not upload, poor grammar edit, added info

Comment

It appears that if it would work, I would have to reverse the wire harness pins or female quick slides. I can guess which one's easier.

I think I got the model numbers wrong... It's GL-2080FVP-L in replacement of GL-2080FVP-XLW. Every time I plug into the original filter, it immediately fries the fuses on the PS so I've grown suspicious of the filter. Maybe I'm barking up the wrong tree, but regardless, I sourced this replacement part for free, so if I can use it, great, if I can't, so be it.

I'm so broke I still can't pay attention.
                  Last edited by apetay; 01-02-2014, 12:31 AM.

Comment

Who the hell charges $1500 for a plasma panel from a 6 year old, 42" 720p set?!
                    1500 does seem ridiculous, however I've got one up on craigslist for $20.00. Is this asking too much? It's not like there were other ones up to compare it to.

I'm sure if it was hooked to a better A board, it would be a fine part.

Comment

Panel, or TV? Panel alone at most 30% of TV value due to installation cost. TV around 60~75% of retail value.

Comment

Panel, or TV? Panel alone at most 30% of TV value due to installation cost. TV around 60~75% of retail value.
                        Just panel from 2005

Comment

$20 is quite low for a panel, but most people don't bother replacing panels these days.

Comment

This is exactly the kind of general information I was looking for, and it seems the hardest to track down on the net. I guess if I had been paying attention to this kind of stuff for the past 10 years, I'd already be caught up. I've decided to really motivate on metal conservation, and e-waste elimination. There's plenty of 'junk' displays out there, so finding them's the easy part. I've found a service manual or two, and a 42" they didn't make a service manual for, which I found very irresponsible (of the industry). Plus I really love poking around in display technology.

Comment

$20 is quite low for a panel, but most people don't bother replacing panels these days.
                              Cool, it's priced to sell. Maybe I'm a bit masochistic, but I think swapping panels is fun.

Comment

Working...
                              X