Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung LE26A456C2D issues.

Hi chaps,

My uncle has handed me this little TV for a pet project. The failure happened (as my uncle described it) as a white square in the top right corner which then spread to the rest of the screen, then the screen died.

When you turn the screen on now, no matter which source you select, the screen displays a very thin multicoloured static line along the bottom of the screen and there is some vertical "ghosting" on the left hand side on the screen. It does still play its "splash" sound.

I've popped the back off to have a quick look for any obvious over heating/burning or bad caps. The power supply has got a couple of suspect bulging caps, but the TV doesn't seem to have a problem at the moment with getting power.

Would you guys think this would be a terminal panel failure or maybe a T-Con failure - or even something else.

I would really appreciate the help!

Re: Samsung LE26A456C2D issues.

Pics would help

Comment

Rightio mate, will get on that. Boards as well or just the screen?

Comment

May as well get them all

Comment

Here are some pictures of the screen running. They aren't great my camera can't get decent light with the rubbish weather at the moment and if I used the flash it masks the problem with the screen, but I think you get the idea.

The screen has the white ghosting after a couple of minutes turned on. It's much more noticeable in person than in the photo. Its is mostly on the left side of the screen, there is some that protrudes into the right half of the screen. The line I was talking about, at the bottom of the screen seems to only come from one source (pressing the source button on the side removes the line until the tv has cycled back round).

I will try to get some pictures of the boards when the light is better
          Attached Files

Comment

Chances are high that you are dealing with a similar problem.

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=33833

Comment

Hi johnboy1313. Is it possible for tab bonds to cause a completely blank screen?

Comment

Yes it is, Can you just disconnect the tcon and see what shows on screen

Comment

hi newtothis,

I disconnected what I believe to be the T-Con from the main board (the one with the I/O ports). The screen goes completely black, no white, no line along the bottom, but I'm pretty sure that's because the signal has been totally broken to the panel.

I looked this board up on ebay where it is reffered to as a "display driver" The chain the boards run in are power supply -> main board -> "Display driver"(?) -> Panel. Unless there is another board that is buried under the shielding that I am missing.

Sorry if I'm doing this wrong, I am truly new to this.

Comment

yes thats the correct board.

Comment

hi vinceroger69

Thanks for confirming that Wasn't sure if I was just being a bit thick.

So yes - I disconnected the T-Con from the mainboard side, not the panel side since that is a bit fiddly and is essentially the same thing anyway. The screen went totally black with just the backlight working.

Comment

No line... Ok instead of removing the cable that goes to the main board, try removing just one from the top of the tcon... Does that line show?

Comment

Hi newtothis,

Sorry it's taken me a while to get back to you. I've been away.

On the panel side of the T-con there is only one ribbon cable going to the panel, if I remove this it the panel goes blank.

I actually purchased a new mainboard from ebay. I stuck a really low offer on it and the guy accepted! Turns out that this board is probably faulty too. It wouldn't even play the splash sound when I switched the TV on. What I can confirm is, that changing the mainboard didn't make a bit of difference to the picture, same line along the bottom on one of the sources.

Comment

The "splash sound" (Melody) is a user option. Your uncle might have turned it off. You probably have a tab bond issue of some sort, though I've never seen one like that.
                            Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                            For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

I took the screen apart to have a look at the tabs, there are two of them bonded to the glass. After poking around while the screen was turned on, I'm still not getting anything new

Comment

Is the panel inside made by Samsung?
                                Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                                For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

tom66,

I'm not sure who the panel is made by. There are no obvious logos to say the panel is made by Samsung. The TV was built in Hungary if that helps. There is a number on the circuit board that the panel is bonded to: 260AP01S2L V3.3

I don't know if that means anything to you.

Comment

There's a sticker on the back of the LCD metal marked something like: AU Optronics, Samsung, Chi Mei, Chungwha Picture Tubes, etc.

Comment

Working...
                                    X