Haier TV's HDMI ports stopped working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haier TV's HDMI ports stopped working

I have a Haier L32D1120 32-Inch LCD TV that I've had for two years. My cable has always been HDMI but my DVD player was always plugged in via component. Well I got a new HDMI cable and plugged in my DVD player and saw video on the screen for a few minutes then I switched inputs and turned the tv off but when I switched back now video or sound was coming from the dvd player then I switched over to my cable and it was broken there as well. If I plug back my dvd or the cable back to component everything seems to work. Is it possible that both of my HDMI ports may have went bad at the same time? I reset the factory settings on the TV and it's still not working. If the ports are bad is replacing part of the board difficult to do? Any help would be much appreciated.

Re: Haier TV's HDMI ports stopped working

Did you plug things in the hdmi ports while the tv was on?
    Did I leave the soldering iron on?

Comment

No the TV was turned off when I was plugging the hdmi cords into it.

Comment

Does anyone else have any idea's?

Comment

Well I can tell you it sure sounds like a main board failure. Have you tried to unplug the tv and plug it back in? There is a processor ic on the mainboard that can fail due to static discharge and the such. Very delicate. Im assuming component ports still work right?
          Did I leave the soldering iron on?

Comment

Yes, I have tried unplugging the TV and other components for 15 minutes then plugging them back in then powering them back up but no HDMI still. Yes, the component ports still do work. If this is a bad board issue can I replace the board on the TV if so is that something that is hard to do?

Comment

It's not hard to do. Just unplug all of the cables(they will only plug into the correct spot), unscrew the board and replace it. BE SURE you get the correct board! The part number is usually on the barcode sticker. The number printed on the board Is the blank board that m ay be used in several models and sizes.

Comment

Ok I'll open it up tonight and take a look.

Comment

Did you already try your DVD player on another TV set through HDMI, or tried another HDMI cable? Sometimes equipment is picky about the cables you use.

Make sure you adjust the settings of your DVD player, on mine you had to explicitly set it to use the HDMI port for output.

re-atari

Comment

Working...
                  X