Vizio E321VL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vizio E321VL

Not a big deal here on this, yet another I rescued from a dumpster today that didnt have a kicked in screen (I too rescue and recycle & have equipped the house (4 surround systems, 8 computers, 4 PC lcd monitors, 5 tv's from 22" to 55") (Mainly caps, and regs)
    well this 32 is clean and unscratched, so maybe worth adding to the collection
    Read up on the eeprom issue a bit. Symptons here. The front "VIZIO" light doesn't do anything. I have no 12v coming off supply, only 5v. While AC applied, also get no 3volt @ on/off button.
    I get absolutely nothing voltage wise on U4, U5, U8, have checked ALL fuses, even as far as the "0" SM ones, both sides. Followed budm's post here
    https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...46&postcount=9
    Anybody think its still a Mainboard issue?, thanks
    "Don't think inside the box, Don't think outside the box"......Just destroy the box!

Re: Vizio E321VL

When you say the logo doesn't do anything, do you mean not even glow amber when the power is plugged in, or doesn't turn white when you press the power button?

If it doesn't even glow amber, then I'm guessing its the power supply.

Comment

aaron, ya, the front logo lite is dead all around, never glows anything, thanks
      "Don't think inside the box, Don't think outside the box"......Just destroy the box!

Comment

What pin on the power supply are you getting 5V on? If the standby pin has 5V then the logo should glow amber. I guess it could be the mainboard but I've had 3 with mainboard issues and the logo still glowed amber. The only one I had that showed no light at all didn't have 5V on the standby pin.

Comment

pins 1,2 & 3 (coming off connector cable between PS & Main
          pins are labled w/ voltages. Theres talk over here about 3 volts to turn on ps ??
          https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...t=vizio+E321VL
          thanks again aaron

Comment

Can you post some pics of the power supply and pins? The man thing is the standby pin. It should be labeled with STBY or something similar.

There needs to be about 5V on that one.

Comment

will do indirectly, lookin for cam now

Comment

no voltage on 11 or 12 (on/off)
                & no 12 volts
                Last edited by Hw00d; 06-22-2013, 09:16 PM.

Comment

POWER & HV Board

VIDEO/PROCESSOR Board

Comment

Ok, so the 3 labeled 5.2V SB are the ones with voltage or no?

And looks like you have inverter boards built in to the power supply and t-con built in to the main board on this one.
                    Last edited by aaronwt6; 06-22-2013, 09:21 PM.

Comment

yes getting the 5, not getting the 12, and yes, t-con in main
                      nothing @ power button (supposed 3 volts there)
                      No light orange,amber,white or any color

Comment

Well, I'm kinda leaning back toward the main but why not see if someone else chimes in. This is a different circumstance from what I've dealt with on these.

The main should be passing that 5V to the logo, which it is not.

Comment

your assistance is most appreciated sir,

Comment

What a great resource! I received a Philips 19PFL5422d_27 TV from Freecycle, and Googled my way here. After a few bucks in caps, I was back in business. Then a few weeks ago, I picked up a Vizio e321VL at the local landfill. Again, Google pointed me to the eprom posts here and now it's working fine . . . almost.

The component, composite inputs, and HDMI inputs work fine. Problem is, it can't find any channels. A channel scan shows 0 channels and typing in a channel number returns a "no signal" message.

I opened it up and took a look at the RF cage where the coax connects. I saw a couple of bad solder joints and fixed them, but still no dice. Any suggestions? I'm watching via my low-def TiVo, but would love to be able to connect straight in.

Thanks!
                            Last edited by ChipStewart; 06-24-2013, 10:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ChipStewart View Post
                              What a great resource! I received a Philips 19PFL5422d_27 TV from Freecycle, and Googled my way here. After a few bucks in caps, I was back in business. Then a few weeks ago, I picked up a Vizio e321VL at the local landfill. Again, Google pointed me to the eprom posts here and now it's working fine . . . almost.

The component, composite inputs, and HDMI inputs work fine. Problem is, it can't find any channels. A channel scan shows 0 channels and typing in a channel number returns a "no signal" message.

I opened it up and took a look at the RF cage where the coax connects. I saw a couple of bad solder joints and fixed them, but still no dice. Any suggestions? I'm watching via my low-def TiVo, but would love to be able to connect straight in.

Thanks!
                              This should be in its own thread. But, your problem sounds like the TV you have does not support digital (ATSC) channels, so you need to purchase a converter box which does so.
                              Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                              For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

The Philips TV does have ATSC, QAM tuner.
                                From Quick start manual:
                                "Your TV has an integrated HDTV tuner, which receives and
                                decodes terrestrial ATSC and unscrambled cable (QAM)
                                signals and displays them. There are two ways to obtain
                                HDTV content:
                                - through a cable provider
                                - through an antenna."

Here is the user manual:
                                http://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/c...scy=CA&slg=AEN
                                Never stop learning
                                Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                                http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                                http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                                http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                                http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                                http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Thanks Tom, Bud. I had to post here since, as a newbie, I couldn't start a thread.

Sorry for the confusion, but the Philips TV is working fine. It's the Vizio with the problem. The specs do list "Built-in ATSC digital/NTSC analog tuner", though so I assume I'm okay there.
                                  Last edited by ChipStewart; 06-24-2013, 10:41 AM.

Comment

your tuner is probably shot, happens alot in surge/spike situations

Comment

just wondering if I should try a eeprom replace, or is it PS board?
                                      & on these eeproms, can you get them already loaded???..or just blanks?
                                      (Have no loader)

Comment

Originally posted by Hw00d View Post
                                        your tuner is probably shot, happens alot in surge/spike situations
                                        You mean the metal box on the board? Is it replaceable? Or is it part of the main board?

Comment

Working...
                                        X