Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not as lucky as I'd hoped, Westinghouse LD-4255VX

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...t=westinghouse

I'd seen a lot of the above thread the last few weeks and have been looking to get my hands on a non-working Westinghouse LED. Last night an LD-4255VX with the same symptoms pops up on Craigslist for a price I can deal with. I went and picked it up today. There's a little door on the back to access the mainboard without removing the back. I undid the top ribbon, plugged it in, and tried to power it on. No dice, just a red LED on the front when plugged in. I unplugged it, re-inserted the top ribbon, undid the bottom ribbon, and plugged it back in. Still no dice, still just a solid red LED on front. I pulled the cover off and removed the main board from the TV. I immediately saw the fried IC in the pic below. Ugh, this is a super expensive board. Just my luck
    Attached Files

Re: Not as lucky as I'd hoped, Westinghouse LD-4255VX

I'll try to get a pic to see if we can read a part number.

Comment

It's the HDMI receiver IC... Probably not readily available due to copyright protection. Try removing it: the set will probably work without HDMI.
      Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
      For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
        It's the HDMI receiver IC... Probably not readily available due to copyright protection. Try removing it: the set will probably work without HDMI.
        I'll try it. Thanks

Comment

No luck.

Comment

You probably had a surge which killed the HDMI and many other components. Tracing down the fault may be next to impossible. New board time, I guess... Sorry...
            Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
            For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

I may just stick this one under the counter until I can find a replacement board.
              Last edited by johnboy1313; 05-24-2013, 06:45 PM.

Comment

Sorry it didn't work out for you, and you probably already know this, but it's a different mobo, different tv than the one in that tread. 42" vs 46"......just saying.

Comment

Looks like an entirely different board. Ours have Zoran processors.

Comment

The symptoms sound like a Westinghouse monitor that was going to be given to me, but it had a blue LED lit. Just makes me suspect an IC got fried in it too during power trouble in Hudson, Massachusetts.
                    ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

32 GB G.Skill RipJaws V F4-3200C16D-32GVR

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

What's the likely outcome of using the board from a smaller set? No picture?? Mangled picture?? They look identical but there's about a hundred dollar difference in price.

http://www.shopjimmy.com/westinghous...2a-version.htm

vs

http://www.shopjimmy.com/westinghous...-ld-2657df.htm

Comment

What is the panel in your model? The 26" is:
                        K260H1-E03 Rev 01

If you have the equivalent, but 42", it should work.

Comment

I will look this evening. Thanks for the reply.

Comment

It looks like my panel may be K420H2-E01 Rev 01

http://www.shopjimmy.com/westinghous...-version-1.htm

Does that sound like an equivalent? I'm still going to open it back up and confirm the panel before I buy anything.

Comment

Is there any T-con on this model?

I can't find any datasheet for the panel. Problem is, one could be e.g. 720p (likely if it is a 26") and this might be 1080p?

Comment

Looks like they're both 1080p. The difference that stands out and will likely prove to be the deal breaker is the 42" is 120Hz while the 26" is only 60Hz.

Comment

That would be the end of it all if the main board has 120Hz output. Does the 42" have a T-con?

Comment

Yeah

Comment

Pic of T-con?

Comment

I'm heading home now. I'll get it shortly.

Comment

Working...
                                        X