Help a veteran please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help a veteran please

Help please. I am working on a Iraq/Iran veteran's TV who returned 80% disabled and is suffering from PTSD. They cannot afford a new TV and I don't have an LCD that I can do a simple repair and give them at this time.
    Here is the problem. The TV will turn on, I can scroll through the menu, select input, view the volume bar etc. but there is no picture or sound. This is a projection style Hitachi Model 57F59A and yes it is 7 years old but up until a few days ago it worked flawlessly. I have checked the power supply board and the video input boards for visible signs of problems such as bulging caps or burned spots, fried resistors and blown fuses but nothing simple pops out at me. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks and God Bless.

Re: Help a veteran please

C,
    I have two working CRT types I would be happy to donate.
    But they are not cheap to ship from Virginia.

If you now someone traveling from the area of our nations capitol, I would be happy to sync up and hand them over.

Military guys kept me alive in Iraq, this is the least I can do in return.

As for fixing the one you have, perhaps one of the guys here can come through.
    TV's are not my strong point. More of a two way radio geek.

Ping me back here if you want the sets.

Jack Crow
    "You are, what you do, when it counts"
    The Masso

"Gravity, the quickest way down"
    Mayor John Almafi

"You ever drop an egg, and on the floor you see it break?
    You go and get a mop so you can clean up your mistake.
    But did you ever stop to ponder why we know it's true?
    If you drop a broken egg you will not get an egg that's new?"

MC Hawking

Comment

PM sent, thanks for the offer.

Comment

By the way it is a DP65g chassis and I have the service manual trying to follow the troubleshooting flow sheet now.

Comment

You say you can scroll through the menu, select input, view the volume bar etc. but there is no picture or sound. That sounds to me like it's not set to the correct input or source, is it hooked to a cable signal? with or without cable box? when set to TV it may need to be on channel 3 or 4 when using a cable box, try a Dvd player hooked to AV Jacks and select AV in the Menu.

Comment

Working...
          X