Samsung LN52A530 Vertical solid line HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung LN52A530 Vertical solid line HELP

Hey guys, re-seated the cables already still did not fix the solid vertical line. I got my eyes on a new tcon/main board for an okay price but will this fix the problem. Any info extremely apprecaited!

Pic at:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/oj7uv275st2696e/105_1572.JPG

Re: Samsung LN52A530 Vertical solid line HELP

Is it on all inputs? If it is, t-con and/or lvds cable

Comment

I'm not sure if this model suffers from bad tab bonds. I know that some 46 and 52 inch Samsung and Sony's do. Someone will confirm or correct me on this one if I'm wrong.
      Fixed so far : 1 Home cinema system, 16 LCD Monitors, 4 LCD TV's

How to resize your pictures guide click HERE
      Retiredcaps Ideal post example click HERE

Comment

The panel data is essentially RGBRGBRGBRGB... the panel tab bonds or driver chips have no way to differentiate between a red subpixel and a green subpixel (a 1080p panel is just 5760x1080 pixels with colour filters on each pixel.) Therefore, I would suggest that it couldn't be bad tab bonds, and is most likely a T-con issue.
        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Thats good news for Curtis then
          Fixed so far : 1 Home cinema system, 16 LCD Monitors, 4 LCD TV's

How to resize your pictures guide click HERE
          Retiredcaps Ideal post example click HERE

Comment

Wow thanks guys! First forum out of five others where people actually responded. And yes it is on all sources/signals.
            Last edited by curtisc306; 04-28-2012, 07:58 AM.

Comment

UPDATE! Okay so blew $200 on a new tcon/main board/all cables. Changed it all out and THE LINE IS STILL THERE. AHHH!! Is it time to throw TV off the balcony or does anyone else have any suggestions?? Any help extremely appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by curtisc306 View Post
                UPDATE! Okay so blew $200 on a new tcon/main board/all cables. Changed it all out and THE LINE IS STILL THERE. AHHH!! Is it time to throw TV off the balcony or does anyone else have any suggestions?? Any help extremely appreciated.
                This is strange. The only problem I can think is a panel problem, if your panel is made differently to other TVs, but I can't think of another board that could cause it.

It could be tab bonds, but that would be very unusual for bad tab bonds. Does flexing the frame of the TV cause the problem to go away or briefly get worse?
                Last edited by tom66; 05-04-2012, 06:04 PM.
                Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Flexing the frame does nothing. Is it possible to repair tab bonds or check to see if they are bad?

Comment

Originally posted by curtisc306 View Post
                    Flexing the frame does nothing. Is it possible to repair tab bonds or check to see if they are bad?
                    In some cases, if you strip the TV down to the LCD panel, you can press on the bad bond and see if the picture improves. If it does, some people have had success with inserting a piece of foam or similar object in between the frame and the loose bond. It works most of the time, but it's not a guaranteed fix.

Comment

It looks like curtis we are in the same boat, I have the 52A550 with vertical lines and a T-con did nothing. I'm thinking on striping the TV down to the panel to see if it's a tab issue. I have space issues, not much room to work on a such a big TV.
                      The Ebay seller it was a nice guy and will take back the T-con board and he told me to check out the panel before I order new parts. It's a known model number that has weak panels. I'm not happy with this answer, but at least I know that my last chance is to take the panel appart and check out the tabs. On some other forums I have read about burned tabs and chips on the tabs.
                      Last edited by tibimakai; 05-05-2012, 07:28 PM.

Comment

Well thanks for the replies! I guess I will start ripping this thing apart to and inspect the bonds. Should be interesting Let me know how you make out tibimakai.

Comment

OK, I have worked a bit today on it and this is what I have found at the top three tabs where my problem area is.
                          Those tabs were very hot, don't keep it on for long. I haven't had time to look at other tabs, but I will tomorrow.
                          Check post #9:
                          http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1127410
                          I guess I should replace all the capacitors on the power supply and then try fixing those tabs.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by tibimakai; 05-07-2012, 11:57 PM.

Comment

Caps on order... As far as fixing the bonds how would you go about that? Run some solder into the broken points and hope for the best?

Comment

Yes, but first it's another hard part is to get to the traces.
                              Last time I have tried scraping with a utility knife and I had messed it up.
                              Basically I cut through a couple of traces, so this time I will take a 400 grit or similar sand paper and sand the kapton tape down to the traces.

Comment

Read post #108:
                                http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...=962801&page=4
                                He has 17 years of experience in LCD manufacturing.

Comment

OK I have found the problem, it wasn't those small specs on those tabs.
                                  It was the ribbon cable on the panel connection.
                                  When I have reconnected I have noticed that a couple of inches of those colored lines became black.
                                  After cleaning both connectors and both ribbon cables, all the colored lines disappeared. I have noticed two lines, sometimes one of them was double line at the edges that where your dark band ends. They were very thin brownish in color.
                                  After reinstalling the panel's metal cover and tightening all those small long screws, those thin lines went away too.
                                  But those tab drivers are hot-hot.
                                  Here is a picture with the end result, man that fills good, yeahhh!!!
                                  Attached Files

Comment

The tab drivers DO get hot. That's why there are heat pads (usually EMI foam, does the same job in this instance) around the panel to heatsink them to the panel frame. Great to hear you fixed it!

Comment

This was the Th TV since February! I need money to get a bigger car to be able to carry these TVs. My VW Golf V it's way to small and my wife's Honda CRV it's not always available.
                                      I'm thinking about a Mazda5 if it's possible to get a used 2012. I don't want to spend to much on a car, because I need down payment for a house.

Comment

Originally posted by tibimakai View Post
                                        This was the Th TV since February! I need money to get a bigger car to be able to carry these TVs. My VW Golf V it's way to small and my wife's Honda CRV it's not always available.
                                        I'm thinking about a Mazda5 if it's possible to get a used 2012. I don't want to spend to much on a car, because I need down payment for a house.
                                        I can only just about fit in a 50" plasma in my mum's car (Vauxhall Vectra)... forget about dad's tiny Peugeot 206!

Thankfully I have a good friend with a van so if I do find a massive TV...

Comment

Working...
                                        X