Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

YET ANIOTHER VIZO Vizio VX32L turns on with backlight, no video or sound

I am trying to troubleshoot a VW32L HDTV

Turns on with backlight, no video or sound.Vizio Icon goes orange to white. Will not turn off by power button , no menu's , but stay's on -till is unplugged.

PS:85-0500-0502-0180
    has 24 v
    has 12volts , 5 v,
    1.7 v on Pin 1-black wire -thought should be 3.3v on PS ?????

Main Board: 3622-0062-0150
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

u33 5v in 3.2 out
    u2 5v in 3.2 out
    u4 5v in 3.2 out
    u8 5v in 3.2 out
    u7 3.2v in 1.25 out
    u9 3.2v in 1.50 out

u8 has 5v in 3.2v out at all times

u10 has 5v in 2.5 v out (U15 regulator are 1084 0740AL)
    u3 5v 12v 7805

main board seem fine -

Development this morning:

I took out t-con card -then put back together- now have strange half Blue screen on right side. This the only thing i have done to it. Aside from measuring volts.

Looks: all black on left side *just backlight* } then middle Right side of screen has solid blue strip/dead middle} then real lite blue }far right is like fuzzy see thru light blue color.

all fuse check -t-con card found 1 -good
    main-Board 2 -good F1: 12V ON
    F2: 5V SB

Are there more fuses?

I am looking for a service manual for this set , can you help ?

What should be looking at now ?

Replacement t-con card ?
    Last edited by jackslater; 01-31-2012, 03:45 PM.

Re: YET ANIOTHER VIZO Vizio VX32L turns on with backlight, no video or sound

Unplug the main cable from the tcon. While power is disconnected. I think its called the lvds cable. Hook something up to one of the inputs and go through the inputs to see if you have sound. Go to Elektrotanya for the service manual. Where are you located?

Comment

I am in ohio , Elektrotanya - manual i will try get manual for it. -there
      thanks
      no manual available there found vx37l -but main board not same -similar- looks like drops few amc117 - u33 chips - but
      i fully look at hole manual yet .- finished looking no manual - there
      so still looking -

I unhook the cable on main board that went to t-con card- cycled input with -tuner/cable tv- hooked up -

result : no sound

BigDozer
      ,what are thinking -
      Last edited by jackslater; 01-31-2012, 05:30 PM.

Comment

Looking for this:
        http://www.scribd.com/doc/53684921/V...Service-Manual

Comment

thanks cmj21973

Comment

I am trying to troubleshoot a VW32L HDTV

Turns on with backlight, no video or sound.Vizio Icon goes orange to white. Will not turn off by power button , no menu's , but stay's on -till is unplugged.

PS:85-0500-0502-0180
            has 24 v
            has 12volts , 5 v,
            1.7 v on Pin 1-black wire -thought should be 3.3v on PS ?????

Main Board: 3622-0062-0150
            --------------------------------------------------------------------------

u33 5.0v in 3.30 out all amc1117- the ones that go bad
            u2 5.0v in 3.30 out
            u4 5.0v in 3.30 out
            u8 5.0v in 3.30out
            u7 3.2v in 1.25 out
            u9 3.2v in 1.50 out
            u10 has 5.0v in 2.50 v out (U15 regulator is 1084 0740AL) also AP1084KLA
            u3 5.0v 12v 7805

main board seem fine -

Development this morning:

I took out t-con card -then put back together- now have strange half Blue screen on right side. This the only thing i have done to it. Aside from measuring volts.

Looks: all black on left side *just backlight* } then middle Right side of screen has solid blue strip/dead middle} then real lite blue }far right is like fuzzy see thru light blue color.

all fuse check -t-con card found 1 -good
            main-Board 2 -good F1: 12V ON
            F2: 5V SB

Are there more fuses?

I am looking for a service manual for this set , can you help ?

What should be looking at now ?

Replacement t-con card ?

I unhook the cable on main board that went to t-con card- cycled input with -tuner/cable tv- hooked up -

result : no sound
            Last edited by jackslater; 01-31-2012, 07:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jackslater View Post
              u33 5v in 3.2 out
              u2 5v in 3.2 out
              u4 5v in 3.2 out
              u8 5v in 3.2 out
              u7 3.2v in 1.25 out
              u9 3.2v in 1.50 out
              1) Without part numbers for each voltage regulator, we don't know for sure if they are the right output voltages. So list the part numbers.

2) Unless you have an analog multimeter, report ALL the digits shown by a digital multimeter. It matters because voltage regulators have a 1% tolerance. For example, a 3.3V regulator is good if it falls betwen this range

3.3 x 0.99 = 3.267
              3.3 x 1.01 = 3.333

Reporting 3.2 implies that you are reporting 3.20 and making me think the voltage regulator might be bad. We had one person with a Fluke 87V that only reported one decimal place. Why own such a high end multimeter then?

3) Posting the exact same info only confuses us.
              --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

u33 5.0v in 3.30 out all amc1117- the ones that go bad
                u2 5.0v in 3.30 out
                u4 5.0v in 3.30 out
                u8 5.0v in 3.30out
                u7 3.2v in 1.25 out
                u9 3.2v in 1.50 out
                u10 has 5.0v in 2.50 v out (U15 regulator is 1084 0740AL) also AP1084KLA
                u3 5.0v 12v 7805

sorry all check to be 3.30 v- ( not 3.20 v or 3.2 ) - typing issue on my part - but 1 see what is mean retiredcaps by regulators have a 1% tolerance
                and miss reporting numbers looks like have a problem .

done using screw on board as ground that is connect to board ground / 2 different ground spots
                check 3 different times
                Attached Files
                Last edited by jackslater; 01-31-2012, 07:10 PM.

Comment

VIZO Vizio VX32L correct model number

Comment

The service manual link above is for the VW32L. I found the VX32L service manual here:

It takes a while to download so give it a few minutes.

Edit: After reviewing the manual it is missing chapters 4-8. Sorry.
                    Last edited by orbach; 02-02-2012, 03:29 PM. Reason: Incomplete manual.

Comment

Last edited by retiredcaps; 02-02-2012, 03:46 PM. Reason: oops - wrong thread
                      --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Edit: After reviewing the manual it is missing chapters 4-8. Sorry.

Comment

Looking for schematic - please

Comment

chapters 4-8 are mostly pointless fluff, the only good page in the manual is the one that shows the testing path for the dc-dc regulators (almost as if they new ahead of time those would fail).

The t-con is not your problem if you cant get sound, and also cant get it to turn off with the power switch.

My vx32l that i just fixed had a u33 that worked for a few seconds in the middle of me testing the set, and i got a blue screen , but the rest of the time the voltages were always wrong on it.

Go down the dc-dc testing path, if something fails the testing path, it even lists what parts you probably need to replace.
                            Fixed so far 12 lcd's , 1 plasmas, 5 monitors, 0 dlp's (plan to keep the dlps at 0). and 3 atx power supplies, and 2 motherboards.

Comment

Found the Vizio VX32L schematics and parts break out on this page. If anyone can find an easier way to view this information ie. PDF file please let me know.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/94726027/V...Service-Manual

Comment

Hello. Realizing this is a very old thread....did you ever get your Vizio no video problem resolved/ Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X