Replacement Screens? Where to Look?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replacement Screens? Where to Look?

I scored 2 Vizios today with broken screens. a 42 and 47 they are nice other than shattered screens also a buddy has a Magnavox that also needs a screen. Where do you look for them? I see very few on ebay? do I just part the TVs out? I been googling like mad and not finding a sorce???

Re: Replacement Screens? Where to Look?

It's a common problem; the best choice is often to part the TV out. As an example, I was just given a 23" LDC TV/DVD player. The fault is probably the tcon, but could be the panel or even the main board. Checking eBay I noted that the main board is available ($66) and also the LCD panel ($199). At a time when 32" LCD TVs are available for under $300, $199 for a part to repair a 23" is ridiculous; even the main board at $66 is questionable.

Another approach would be to Google every part number you can find on the LCD panel in hopes one matches someone's inventory, and hope that the price isn't too unreasonable.

PlainBill
    For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Thanks for the reply Bill they are pretty decent tvs I may part one and rescreen the other with the money! then I can hang a 47 in my room and use the current 36 for a computer screen!

I was just wondering if there was a good sorce out there I did fin this site!

http://www.retechtv.com/collections/featured-panels

Looks like they have alot! and 42-47s are still lil pricy

Comment

That site would be great if they had anything in stock. I have a 42" Vizio with a broken screen I only paid $20.00 for. Came with remote, power cord & base. I would pay $200.00 for a good panel. Only problem would be remembering how to reassemble it...took it apart several months ago intending to part it out. Been too lazy to list it on ebay...

Comment

Check craigslist and talk to thrift shop managers. Alot of times you can get one cheap or free. Spread the word to friends and family too. Thats where i got most of mine. I've also picked up a couple at recycling centers. Most people want 25 to 100 bucks for nonworking ones. More for the newer models. Especially if they know the screen isn't cracked. I still have a vx42l that looks brand new with screen intact [free]. Bad tcon. Wife says no to ordering $100 part. There will probably be lots of used/broken lcds/plasmas showing up since everyone got upgrades as gifts over the holidays.

Comment

Big Dozer whats the Screen Unit # in that 42 you Have?? also whats the PN# Of the Tcon ya need? Sell me the Screen if it will work for me or if the Tcon from this will help you I will give ya a Deal!

Comment

I have a 42" Replacement Plasma Panel Screen S42AX-YD01 from a
              MAGNAVOX 42MF231D/37, just in case anyone is interested....

Comment

Originally posted by KTMLew View Post
                That site would be great if they had anything in stock. I have a 42" Vizio with a broken screen I only paid $20.00 for. Came with remote, power cord & base. I would pay $200.00 for a good panel. Only problem would be remembering how to reassemble it...took it apart several months ago intending to part it out. Been too lazy to list it on ebay...
                I have a friend that could be interested in the main and control boards for a Vizio P42HDTV10A if interested in parting out. See https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=17936

Comment

Originally posted by nickelflipper View Post
                  I have a friend that could be interested in the main and control boards for a Vizio P42HDTV10A if interested in parting out. See https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=17936
                  I have a Vizio VU42LFHDTV10A.

Just listed a bunch of parts from my Magnavox 42MF230A/37 on eBay. Was going to fix it but decided it wasn't worth the hassle. If anyone local can use the screen and some hardware it's available. Forgot to list the base...back to ebay I go!

Comment

I drove to charlotte today and picked up a panasonic tc-p50g25 with a cracked screen for free from my sister. It was cracked during a move. It was only used for 2 months before it was broken. I'm on the hunt for one with bad boards/good panel if anyone comes across one within 100 miles of western north carolina. Man i hate getting cracked screens.

Comment

Open it and see if http://www.retechtv.com/collections/featured-panels has one!

Comment

Yeah i checked that one already. The panel part # md50f13c2a is a hard one to come by cheap if you get it new. Lowest i've seen is around $1100 and that doesn't include shipping. Craigslist turned up a guy in Kernersville NC that has a bunch of panasonics and vizios with bad boards for $100 each. Normally i would pass on that but this one is worth fixing.

Comment

Originally posted by IRace93 View Post
                          That link is just their featured panels, you can see the full list of panels here http://www.retechtv.com/collections/types?q=LCD%20Panel or you can search the site for the part number you are looking for (or just call and ask them). Shopjimmy.com used to have panels and it seems like I saw some on there a couple of weeks ago but I can't find them now. Ebay is always a good source too, just make sure whoever is selling them has shipped them before so they know what they're doing.

Make sure whoever had that Panasonic before you didn't power it on with the cracked panel, if they did you may need to replace the Y buffers and possibly the SC board. I'm also looking for a MC127F19M13 panel for a Panasonic tc-p50g25 so if anyone finds one please let me know.

Comment

She did try to power it up. She said the screen flashed and it wouldnt do anything. I'll just set it aside and keep an eye out for another one.

Comment

Dozer, if she didn't hear any loud pops or buzzing then your probably A-OK. If you find a panel and put it in, and have lines across your image, then you'll know you need the buffers (SU and SD boards). Luckily, I think they're only $20-30 parts.

Comment

here in illinois after the first of the year its illegal to throw away any big electronics, so, with a little luck, mabye i will start getting tvs again.

Comment

HUH? I wasnt Legal to toss Large Electronics in Illinois???

Comment

I got the service manual from elektrotanya but its for a gt25. The manual shows a 3d eyewear transmitter board. My tv doesn't have any labels or ports for 3d. What does the "t" stand for in the model number? Maybe its for both versions just minus that board. Any ideas?

The tv has been in storage since august or september of last year so i doubt she would remember if there was a pop. I haven't put power to it so maybe they're still good.

The tv was one of two things she was worried about getting damaged during the move. The other one was a weird looking lamp. Supposedy it was expensive. The lamp survived.

Comment

Originally posted by cadillacman View Post
                                      here in illinois after the first of the year its illegal to throw away any big electronics, so, with a little luck, mabye i will start getting tvs again.
                                      Does that mean people will set them out on the curb? or can you actually get them from a recycling area? I want to get a few LCD TV's myself. I'm in central Illinois near Champaign.

Comment

Working...
                                      X