LG 50PC3D - Picture slow to react and weird colors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LG 50PC3D - Picture slow to react and weird colors

Heres the story - bought the TV with a bad power board. Order a replacement board on Ebay and install it. Check the outgoing voltages and adjust to specs according to label on inside of set but notice green and red speckles and just a generally dim and weird colored picture. What would cause everything to look strange like this? Im trying to understand what the Ysus and Zsus boards do and how to test them but I am extremely new to TV repair. I also managed to find a service manual by searching a thread on here but none of the examples they show in the PDF look similar to my problem. It also seems like it takes a second for the picture to "fill in" so to speak.
    Attached Files

Re: LG 50PC3D - Picture slow to react and weird colors

You have a bad Z-sustain. The fault is caused because the Z-sustain is not pre-charging the panel properly, meaning it cannot change rapidly. Also, the colours often appear with a deep purple tinge, even on white scenes. There are often fuses on the Z-sustain that blow which can cause this; test them. Also check the logic and power connectors as they can sometimes come loosened when you work on the TV.
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Yeah it almost looks blue in person and greens look awful. The dashboard screen on my Xbox 360 is ridiculous. I will check and see if there are fuses on the Z-sus and report back. Thanks for the prompt reply!

Comment

Originally posted by Bullgawd View Post
        Yeah it almost looks blue in person and greens look awful. The dashboard screen on my Xbox 360 is ridiculous. I will check and see if there are fuses on the Z-sus and report back. Thanks for the prompt reply!
        I believe the blue is caused because the panel (because of the faulty Z-sus) is not properly converting the UV light into visible light, so you are seeing the blue/deep violet end of the spectrum, but that's only speculation on my part.
        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Checked the Z-sus board, no replaceable fuses.

Comment

Originally posted by Bullgawd View Post
            Checked the Z-sus board, no replaceable fuses.
            Post a picture of it. Some basic tests can be done.

Comment

Dont have a pic of mine but here is the board that is in the tv
              Attached Files

Comment

LG Electronics 50PC3DUD
                LG Electronics 50PM1M
                LG Electronics 50PX5D
                LG Electronics 50PY2DR
                LG Electronics Z50PX2D
                LG Electronics Z50PG10
                LG Electronics 50PC1DR
                LG Electronics 50PX1DH
                LG Electronics 50PC3D
                LG Electronics 50PC1DRA
                LG Electronics 50PX2DC
                LG Electronics 50PX1D
                LG Electronics 50PC3DH
                LG Electronics 50PY2DRUA
                LG Electronics 50PC1DRUA
                LG Electronics 50PC3DHUD
                LG Electronics 50PX1DUC
                LG Electronics 50PX2DUD
                LG Electronics 50PX5DUB
                LG Electronics 50PC1DRAUA
                LG Electronics 50PX1DHUC
                LG Electronics 50PX2DCUD
                LG Electronics 50PM1MUC
                LG Electronics 50PC3DUE
                LG Electronics 50PX4DRUA
                Vizio P50HDTV20A
                Vizio PH50HDTV10A
                Vizio VP50HDTV10A
                Vizio P50HDM

All the models it can fit. Apparently there are more from what Im reading (Zenith, HP, Sony, Maxent, Polaroid etc). 6871QZH044A or 6870QZC004A is the part number.
                Last edited by Bullgawd; 12-12-2011, 08:27 PM.

Comment

I have a lg plasma TV 50pc3d, issue: discolored, dark display. Picture's
                  https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jkyilhxtj...sC99hz3fa?dl=0

Comment

Forgot to mention the lower heat sinks on both board are cool top heat sinks are warm.

Comment

It'll be the IPM on that cold heatsink of the z-sus. I Think the ERC IPM is the bottom one if I recall, and a fairly common failure on a set at around 15-20 thousand hours use.

They can fail Open circuit (as in your case probably) as well as short, but the short usually ends up making the set dead or blowing the board fuse....
                      TELEFIX

How PLASMA SCREENS WORK, X-SUS and Y-SUS what they do--
                      http://www.irf.com/technical-info/appnotes/an-1088.pdf
                      PLEASE DO NOT EMAIL ME PRIVATELY FOR REPAIR ADVICE. QUESTIONS BELONG ON THE FORUM!

Comment

I have replaced all 3 boards z,y,aND power supply, TV will not power on blinking green light turns red. Any suggestions?

Comment

You have to take a few steps back and replace one board at a time.

Comment

I Replaced z one week, y next week, power supply board this week. Ready to scrap it and sell the parts I just bought. I replaced the z board 2 years ago Worked fine till last October.

Comment

are these ebay boards? I won't buy ebay boards anymore, got caught on mine and it was a waste of time.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Got mine on ebay, how do I test the boards?

Comment

On the IPMs (devices under the large heatsinks) check for shorts between VS, SUS_OUT, and GND on one IPM, and ER_HI/ER_LO to ER_IO. Each will read something on diode mode one way, but there should be no bidirectional reading (below 1kohm or so)

Comment

Working...
                                  X