Noco Genius 10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Noco Genius 10

Hi members, have a noco genius 10 that has all led's flashing. Did any of you come across this issue?
    Thanks

Re: Noco Genius 10

If the Overvoltage, Battery, and Standby LEDs are flashing together, either the charger's internal temperature is too hot, or the ambient temperature is too cold for operation. If the charger's internal temperature is too hot, the charger will stop displaying the error and resume function after the charger cools down. If the ambient temperature is too cold, the charger will resume function when the ambient temperature rises.

Comment

Unfortunately all led's are flashing, not just those you mentioned. Am trying to reverse engineer the pcb so hopefully will get to the issue. Measuring some voltages, the power supply is also flashing on and off. There don't seem to be any shorts though on the secondary side. Something is forcing the psu shut down then reboots again.

Comment

Check electrolytic capacitors.

Comment

Capacitors checked. There is also a pfc circuit that boost the dc voltage to 380vdc. I managed to trigger it and the input dc voltage to the chip was correct, but the power supply still failed to work correctly. At that time the secondary voltage was around 4v rather than 15v. Just to make sure I ordered a new psu chip, but I don't think it is the issue.

Comment

Check the feedback (optocoupler, tl431,..) if there is one in this block.

Comment

Working...
            X