• Show
Clear All

• Stephen
    replied
    Re: T2 Chip Programmer Tool

Originally posted by .::iRizwan::. View Post
    don't do it by changing Serial.
    do it by bypass method.
    Bypass method is not permanent why would anyone want to do that when changing the serial is 100% never coming back even if you DFU restore it?

Also to answer the other guy when he changes the serial it gives activation error, this means it's iCloud locked and not MDM lock which means the T2 chip is the culprit, MDM locks do not use the T2 to communicate to verify. It goes like this

Apple Server checks in these steps.
    1. Apple server checks Serial number , if it kicks back as MDM it follows up with two scenarios, you either get into Os Install or you get the company email lock.
    2. Apple server checks T2 chip serial after step 1. So if step one is a serial that is changed and then checks to see if the T2 chip is assigned correctly, which in return will give Activation Server Error messages.

So in theory if you change the serial of an MDM device to new serial then you sign into your device with your iCloud after OS install and say you DFU reset it, that serial is now assigned to your iCloud with the T2 chip until you remove it.

Hope this helps

Leave a comment:

• .::iRizwan::.
    replied

Originally posted by pumemule View Post
    So its one-time solution , in the next reinstall the mac will not be activated...
    don't do it by changing Serial.
    do it by bypass method.

Leave a comment:

• pumemule
    replied

Originally posted by curiositymaster View Post
    You need to activate your mac before changing serial. If your T2 mac is unactivated and you edit the serial, it won't go past the activation stage.
    So its one-time solution , in the next reinstall the mac will not be activated...

Leave a comment:

• curiositymaster
    replied

Originally posted by pumemule View Post
    But when i try to install os on mdm lock after serial change it give activation error.

You need to activate your mac before changing serial. If your T2 mac is unactivated and you edit the serial, it won't go past the activation stage.

Leave a comment:

• pumemule
    replied

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
    Not true. MDM can still have Activation lock to the company email. Changing the serial will solve this issue and remove the lock for good. Even with iBridge 6+

But when i try to install os on mdm lock after serial change it give activation error.

Leave a comment:

• xploiter
    replied

right activation lock is based on email - be it personal or company
    mdm lock is based on user profiles defined by company
    therefore you can't be mdm locked on a wiped computer since there is no os with profiles installed on it.
    if the activation lock email is the company email it doesn't make it a mdm lock.

Leave a comment:

• Stephen
    replied

Originally posted by xploiter View Post
    it is not mdm locked if it is wiped and with activation lock. mdm gets installed during os installation.
    Not true. MDM can still have Activation lock to the company email. Changing the serial will solve this issue and remove the lock for good. Even with iBridge 6+

Leave a comment:

• xploiter
    replied

it has to be there for the use cases that require it

Leave a comment:

• kevingill
    replied

Originally posted by xploiter View Post
    it is not mdm locked if it is wiped and with activation lock. mdm gets installed during os installation.
    If so, what's the purpose of the option in the Recovery Assistant -> Activate with MDM key?

Leave a comment:

• xploiter
    replied

Originally posted by kevingill View Post
    I'm fully aware of what the script is used for.
    My original question was how to tell if a MacBook is MDM locked when it's been wiped and has an activation lock.

Leave a comment:

• kevingill
    replied

Originally posted by .::iRizwan::. View Post
    This is not for activation lock.
    I'm fully aware of what the script is used for.
    My original question was how to tell if a MacBook is MDM locked when it's been wiped and has an activation lock.

Leave a comment:

• .::iRizwan::.
    replied

I have some MacBooks that don't boot as I can't get past activation.
    I can't bring up the terminal so the method you gave won't work.
    This is not for activation lock.

Leave a comment:

• kevingill
    replied

I have some MacBooks that don't boot as I can't get past activation.
    I can't bring up the terminal so the method you gave won't work.

Leave a comment:

• xploiter
    replied

here

Use this command in terminal:
    profiles status -type enrollment

Depending on your MDM enrollment status, you may see one of the following statuses shown below:

No MDM enrollment
    computername:~ username$ profiles status -type enrollment
    Enrolled via DEP: No
    MDM enrollment: No
    computername:~ username$

MDM enrolled, without user-approved MDM enable
    MDM enrollment: Yes

MDM enrolled, with user-approved MDM enablee
    MDM enrollment: Yes (User Approved)

DEP Enrolled
    Enrolled via DEP: Yes
    MDM enrollment: Yes (User Approved)
    Last edited by SMDFlea; 07-13-2022, 08:36 AM.

Leave a comment:

• kevingill
    replied

I've done quite a lot of searching to easily find out whether a MacBook is MDM locked, but failed.
    What's the easiest way to find if it's MDM activated on a MacBook that's been reset, i.e. no operating system.
    Is it the availability of the option in the Recovery Assistant -> Activate with MDM key?

Leave a comment:

• mich6el
    replied

Originally posted by LevanGood View Post
    Ok maybe u have any logic board with unlocked T2 (FMM off)? Any? I mean MB Air 1932 or any? I think T2 replacement only can solve the problem and I just want to try it.
    One guy sent me a video where one Chinese guy replaces T2 and make it work..
    i have only one board witрout fmm

Leave a comment:

• LevanGood
    replied

Originally posted by mich6el View Post
    but a2141 and a2179 have different flex of touch id. i want make fully worked board. but all my a2179 have dead cpu too. Sorry I have one chip set for experiment
    Ok maybe u have any logic board with unlocked T2 (FMM off)? Any? I mean MB Air 1932 or any? I think T2 replacement only can solve the problem and I just want to try it.
    One guy sent me a video where one Chinese guy replaces T2 and make it work..
    Last edited by LevanGood; 07-05-2022, 02:33 PM.

Leave a comment:

• mich6el
    replied

Originally posted by LevanGood View Post
    I can give you my own one. I’ve got my A2141 locked. But actually I wanted to try to make it work by myself…)
    Or you can sell me that ICs

P.S. I think that NANDs are not necessary to replace. But I still can be wrong.
    but a2141 and a2179 have different flex of touch id. i want make fully worked board. but all my a2179 have dead cpu too. Sorry I have one chip set for experiment
    Last edited by mich6el; 07-05-2022, 01:32 PM.

Leave a comment:

• LevanGood
    replied

Originally posted by mich6el View Post
    Hello! I have successfully completed the reballing of chips (T2, Nand, Wi-Fi) removed from the dead processor board. When I get the Activation Locked Board, I will be able to experiment
    I can give you my own one. I’ve got my A2141 locked. But actually I wanted to try to make it work by myself…)
    Or you can sell me that ICs

P.S. I think that NANDs are not necessary to replace. But I still can be wrong.
    Last edited by LevanGood; 07-05-2022, 09:52 AM.

Leave a comment:

• mich6el
    replied

Hello! I have successfully completed the reballing of chips (T2, Nand, Wi-Fi) removed from the dead processor board. When I get the Activation Locked Board, I will be able to experiment

Leave a comment:

Working...
X