X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stephen
    replied
    Re: T2 Chip Programmer Tool

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but considering their is no boot, and the direction the T2 chip is located, have you maybe considered the possiblity that the T2 chip may have been heated as well since the EFI rom chip is close by and you could have hit up the T2 chip by accident and it itself is bad? If not have you considered reading the EFI SPI Rom data and see if it IS even readable at all? If the program cannot even READ the chip chances are that chip is bad and you will need to sadly get a new chip from a donor board or online new. These chips are easily accesible and fairly cheap. I would always advise anyone doing this to have spares on hand just in case. but i am assuming if the board booted before and after removal and reheating it back to the board I am assuming it is one or two things, one, the chip itself is bad and you need a new one, or 2 which DOES happen, the T2 Chip is bad due to overheating in that area. Just food for thought.

Leave a comment:

• oxonater
    replied

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
    Did you save the original ROM Data from the T2 Rom Chip? You may have not programmed it correctly which will again result in it not booting correctly. I know it sounds dumb but it does happen, when you desoldered the chip did you have the battery disconnected and the cable to the battery disconnected? and if you did solder it correctly I would assume you corrupted the chip, sometimes you can heat up the chip to much to where you need to purchase a new one. As long as you have the orginal BIN data you will be fine also keep in mind changing the serial is all thats needed so I do not know why you are DFU restoring the device if you are removing an MDM lock? Just my 2 cents.
    Hi Stephen and the crew

Ok once again with another device I have hit a brick wall and seeking the knowledge from the elders.

So 15" macbook pro 2019 MDM locked with an MX U3235F SPI ROM having removed and changing the serial I was and still is stuck on blank screen no logo boot up etc etc. The board itself was removed from device an placed on my work area ready for SPI removal so purely so not connected to anything at time of removal and reapplication of said SPI ROM.

I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this issue and wether or not this is curable.

Don't think it has anything to do with programming the SPI ROM just wondered if it is related to other pieces oh attached hardware as the T2 may remember/ store and cause a no boot if these are changed.

I say this because all parts (MOSTLY) are serialised and wondering if this has something to do with the T2 chip.

Once again thanks peops

OXY

Leave a comment:

• kevingill
    replied

The thread was closed after a dispute between members.
    It's no longer available, but you may find some of it on waybackmachine or similar

Leave a comment:

• genhack
    replied

Originally posted by asigasm View Post
    https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=101283
    i can't access at link page of new treahd. why?

Leave a comment:

• asigasm
    replied

From now on go here if you want help for unlocking
    great, thanks

Leave a comment:

• tobeend
    replied

hi guys, bypass icloud is stalled cause jailbreak is not update, who know did they do something new or that all folks

Leave a comment:

• radicalsolutions
    replied

just pick any t2 dump and modify it with your desired sn. After that the laptop will be in recovery mode. Just restore it with AC and that is all
    Originally posted by oxonater View Post
    Hi Stephen

Most appreciate your responses, seems that I may have corrupted the chip by overheating I have a spare and the original.bin and the modified one.

I also have spares so I will try another one see how it goes, regarding the DFU I tried reviving the device but it won't boot clicking trackpad like it tries to then of and repeats the cycle.

Wont restore either comes up with error but nonetheless reckon your right about the chip being corrupt.

Thanks OXY

Leave a comment:

• oxonater
    replied

Hi Stephen

Most appreciate your responses, seems that I may have corrupted the chip by overheating I have a spare and the original.bin and the modified one.

I also have spares so I will try another one see how it goes, regarding the DFU I tried reviving the device but it won't boot clicking trackpad like it tries to then of and repeats the cycle.

Wont restore either comes up with error but nonetheless reckon your right about the chip being corrupt.

Thanks OXY

Leave a comment:

• Stephen
    replied

Originally posted by oxonater View Post
    Hey thanks for the reply

Ok I had an MDM LOCKED machine that was repaired (the official way nudge nudge) I went ahead and removed the T2 ROM and changed the serial etc etc. But now I cannot restore/revive just wondering if this has something to do with it was previously on monterey which has somehow patched something so the serial number change reports to the T2 and won't let it boot restore/revive. I have I borked the logic board ��

PS official way meaning sys config which basically updates Apples system with the logic board numbers etc etc using diagnostic tool.

Thanks guys
    Did you save the original ROM Data from the T2 Rom Chip? You may have not programmed it correctly which will again result in it not booting correctly. I know it sounds dumb but it does happen, when you desoldered the chip did you have the battery disconnected and the cable to the battery disconnected? and if you did solder it correctly I would assume you corrupted the chip, sometimes you can heat up the chip to much to where you need to purchase a new one. As long as you have the orginal BIN data you will be fine also keep in mind changing the serial is all thats needed so I do not know why you are DFU restoring the device if you are removing an MDM lock? Just my 2 cents.

Leave a comment:

• Stephen
    replied

Originally posted by CatGoesMeow View Post
    Hello Stephen hope you're doing well,

I came across this post while trying to find a solution to my problem.

Recently I purchased a 2021 MacBook Pro 16" on marketplace, seller looked legit and everything seemed to be OK, I checked the iCloud ( it was free) , also checked the serial # and it showed a valid warranty, however I wanted to do a fresh install of Monterey, and after doing so a "Remote Management" message came up, which I was able to bypass by following a tutorial I found on the web.

However, is there any paid software solution that can change the serial number to permanently remove this message? I found a tool on eBay but its only for 2009-2017 models, and in all honesty I don't like the idea of having that MDM profile on my laptop ( even though is bypassed ).

Will appreciate any guidance on the matter
    Sadly MDM locks cannot be removed unless you contact the company. I have had multiple MDM locks on M1 devices without needing to do hardware or bypasses. I have resources to contact these companies so it is easy to get them removed, however, if these companies get disbanded, then you will come across MDM locked devices that are permanent and the company cannot remove it since they no longer exist.

Keep in mind companies will not remove the locks if you purchased it third party in most cases. Just know that not all companies will talk with someone that bought it off a marketplace, most companies will talk to our business because we are licensed so MDM locks are somewhat easier to get them removed on M1 Devices when we get them in bundles or sometimes when we buy them or get them.

HOWEVER, this does not mean an MDM lock device is permanent for now, because again all it requires is a SERIAL number change as always, but for M1 devices we have yet to figure a way to find where the serial is located.

I will say this, I do have an MDM 14" MBP M1 PRO with an MDM lock (not anymore), the company was ByteDance aka TikTok, we had this removed recently it took a few months but we finally got it removed after constantly digging into who we can get into contact with. Keep in mind ByteDance does not have a contact number or email for anyone to reach any department especially since they are based out of China.

We will however focus on MDM locks for M1 devices eventually. I just see it pointless if we can just contact the company and have it removed. However we have yet to need to find a hardware method for this, I do know we will eventually.
    Last edited by Stephen; 10-12-2022, 11:48 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Stephen
    replied

Originally posted by RMKyle View Post
    Hi,

Sorry if I am not caught up but did you remove this method because it no longer works or am I looking in the wrong place?

Regards
    I had this removed because I got tired of all the harassment emails our shop received and phone calls from random people, and also mostly removed more because of the issues it brought from people using it for the wrong reasons.

I personally have continued my work doing this for companies now but for now I am just busy with multiple new projects. currently we are moving our business to a new location since we have grown.

In the mean time I have ceased tutorials on this until further notice. I will eventually come up with a new tutorial one day for the MDM locks for M1 devices which do not require bypassing. So far nothing, but I am hopeful.

Leave a comment:

• oxonater
    replied

MDM locks only require Serial number changes. If it is a true MDM lock it will always activate. If it is not it will never activate and give you server connection error. Also you be an always check serials for free online to verify what Model macbook they are.

Sometimes all it requires is a digit to be changed or a letter. It’s wise to always change it to the exact model and year of that said device.

I hate saying this but Apple has given us false information on MDM locked devices however there is MDM serial number checkers online to verify if the serial is iCloud locked and it MDM locked. I would personally keep a database of those saved if you verify if they are locked or not. This will come useful one day when we eventually see a such device like PURPLE used for iOS devices.
    Hey thanks for the reply

Ok I had an MDM LOCKED machine that was repaired (the official way nudge nudge) I went ahead and removed the T2 ROM and changed the serial etc etc. But now I cannot restore/revive just wondering if this has something to do with it was previously on monterey which has somehow patched something so the serial number change reports to the T2 and won't let it boot restore/revive. I have I borked the logic board ��

PS official way meaning sys config which basically updates Apples system with the logic board numbers etc etc using diagnostic tool.

Thanks guys

Leave a comment:

• RMKyle
    replied

From now on go here if you want help for unlocking
    Hi,

Sorry if I am not caught up but did you remove this method because it no longer works or am I looking in the wrong place?

Regards

Leave a comment:

• CatGoesMeow
    replied

Not true. MDM can still have Activation lock to the company email. Changing the serial will solve this issue and remove the lock for good. Even with iBridge 6+
    Hello Stephen hope you're doing well,

I came across this post while trying to find a solution to my problem.

Recently I purchased a 2021 MacBook Pro 16" on marketplace, seller looked legit and everything seemed to be OK, I checked the iCloud ( it was free) , also checked the serial # and it showed a valid warranty, however I wanted to do a fresh install of Monterey, and after doing so a "Remote Management" message came up, which I was able to bypass by following a tutorial I found on the web.

However, is there any paid software solution that can change the serial number to permanently remove this message? I found a tool on eBay but its only for 2009-2017 models, and in all honesty I don't like the idea of having that MDM profile on my laptop ( even though is bypassed ).

Will appreciate any guidance on the matter

Leave a comment:

• genhack
    replied

Hello guys, I need a backup of '/usr/libexec/mobileactivationd' from a bypassed device, i need the one after you make only the jailbreak and skip the activation. Thanks.

Ps: not sure yet, but i can make a full bypass of this s**

Leave a comment:

• Stephen
    replied

Also apologies typing on small iPhone 7 lol to respond.

Leave a comment:

• Stephen
    replied

MDM locks only require Serial number changes. If it is a true MDM lock it will always activate. If it is not it will never activate and give you server connection error. Also you be an always check serials for free online to verify what Model macbook they are.

Sometimes all it requires is a digit to be changed or a letter. It’s wise to always change it to the exact model and year of that said device.

I hate saying this but Apple has given us false information on MDM locked devices however there is MDM serial number checkers online to verify if the serial is iCloud locked and it MDM locked. I would personally keep a database of those saved if you verify if they are locked or not. This will come useful one day when we eventually see a such device like PURPLE used for iOS devices.

Leave a comment:

• oxonater
    replied

Thanks for the reply

When initiating installation of new OS the pop-up screen appears (when connected to net) also the bypass works if no internet available just click other no internet.

When in the 0S running the sudo command in terminal brings up the MDM locked info and then initiates installation of said profiles.

Just wanted clarification on if the serial number has been changed to NO MDM LOCK OR FMIP/FMM/ICLOUD to a serial of the same will it activate successfully.

Oh and someone mentioned about serials changing a digit I can categorically say the last 4 digits reference to the colour/spec/year of the device other than the 2021 which use a completely different way of identifying.

Thanks OXY

Leave a comment:

• kevingill
    replied

How do you know they're MDM locked BTW?

From what I've read, if it's truly MDM locked, you change the serial number in the SPI ROM and then it will activate (according to Stephen).

Leave a comment:

• oxonater
    replied

Hi all it's been a while since I have posted on here

I have read the posts previously and I am somewhat confused a little sp seeking some clarification pretty please.

Ok so I have MDM locked T2 device with latest Ibridge already been repaired sys config etc etc now I am wondering if I can change the serial to the same year same model of an unenrolled T2 device.

Now was wondering about the activation process problem can the serial be changed before or after this as this doesn't always happen and believe if T2 detects a different part installed.

Sorry if I'm confusing people here

Thanx OXY

Leave a comment:

Working...
X