Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LENOVO BIOS AUTO-PATCHER for Supervisor Password Removal

Originally posted by diappollo View Post
    Wow ! thank you for this quick feedback and (the anticipation of the questions)

Sérial number : PF-2T7VT2

so if I understood correctly, it doesn't happen at the bios level but at the "EC" level... what is that? I read the post carefully and I didn't see where the chip in question was located
    it's a big square chip next to bios and keyboard connector probably or on the other side
    maybe an ite8227e

Comment

ok so the CH341A will be of absolutely no use to me for reading/writing the EC

And still, if I understand correctly, there is no alternative to using a Vertyanov adapter? or maybe here: https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...=111439&page=2 with an RT809H but for a single troubleshooting it's not cheap. Or is there another solution that I missed?

Comment

Originally posted by Maxpower3 View Post
        There are still things to do to finish
        It would be great if you could use the ThinkPad maintenance utility to bypass the password and use eeprom init to clear the EEPROM if the super administrator password was set

Comment

Could this application even allow you to delete the password even for my model? I have the impression that it only works via a USB boot first and I cannot change the boot order... precisely because I do not have access to the bios, even this option is blocked. I imagine it can't be run on Windows?

Comment

I don't know if you can help me by installing the patch on Lenovo L490 and the machine just beeps and doesn't show an image.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by jm801 View Post
              I don't know if you can help me by installing the patch on Lenovo L490 and the machine just beeps and doesn't show an image.
              You must post the serial number.

RULES UPDATE for BIOS requests/offers *AVOID BANNING, READ BEFORE POSTING*
              https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=103570

All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

I just want to post to say thank you to @Knucklegrumble for this great tool. Thank you very much.

My ThinkPad T470s 20HF was bricked after recent BIOS update through Think Vantage from Lenovo. I can only see the keyboard lights flash and hear the CPU fun spinning after the failure. The screen will not light up. This was fixed by reflashing the BIOS using a new bought CH341a programmer and BIOS bin file from this thread.

But it only takes me to the Supervisor Password enter page for BIOS setting. I am sure that my Supervisor password is correct. However, the system prompts error. After a few times of tries, I found this magic tool. I used this tool to patch the BIOS file downloaded from this forum and it worked. The Supervisor password was cleared and I could use my laptop again finally.

Hope this information helps.

Thank you all for this wonderful forum.

Comment

Need help to remove bios pass lenovo x1carbon 8 TH Gen.
                  Thx!
                  Original dump attached
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by tracker1 View Post
                    Need help to remove bios pass lenovo x1carbon 8 TH Gen.
                    Thx!
                    Original dump attached
                    You must post the serial number.Read the updated rules.Havn`t you tried the Autopatcher ?

All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

hi all , need help with a Lenovo T480 20L6S7PC1R - MB Serial L1HF89P01AV
                      Bios version # N24ET72W (1.47 ) - CPU Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8350U.

need supervisor password removed

Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
                        You must post the serial number.Read the updated rules.Havn`t you tried the Autopatcher ?

Hello, i tried the autopatcher and i get no post (after patcher laptop power on, stay like that for 10 seconds then its start beeping, i followed all the instruction).
                        Sorry for asking without specifying what i tried, i dont have any ideea left except asking for help.

Comment

Originally posted by affp2023 View Post
                          hi all , need help with a Lenovo T480 20L6S7PC1R - MB Serial L1HF89P01AV
                          Bios version # N24ET72W (1.47 ) - CPU Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8350U.
                          need supervisor password removed
                          Thank you
                          Read the post above yours, the Autopatcher works on the T480 .

Please read the rules.

Comment

Hello, i tried the autopatcher and i get no post (after patcher laptop power on, stay like that for 10 seconds then its start beeping, i followed all the instruction).
                            Sorry for asking without specifying what i tried, i dont have any ideea left except asking for help.
                            Clean the ME firmware on your original bios,sometimes that works.

Comment

Originally posted by wuyaping View Post
                              It would be great if you could use the ThinkPad maintenance utility to bypass the password and use eeprom init to clear the EEPROM if the super administrator password was set
                              When the PC gets tired of playing, it no longer even asks for the password yet still writes

Don't ask me, I don't know what I did, a few random conditional jumps
                              Attached Files

Comment

HERE IS YOUR FILE PATCHED

STEP 1: Flash given patch file (x1 carbon original_PATCHED)
                                STEP 2: Boot the machine
                                STEP 3: ENTER in to the BIOS settings
                                STEP 4: Enter 1234 when asked for Supervisor Password
                                STEP 5: Press enter when it shows Hardware ID
                                STEP 6: Press space bar 2x when asked
                                STEP 7: Turn off machine
                                STEP 8: Write your original BIOS (x1 carbon original)
                                STEP 9: Reset BIOS settings to factory default
                                Attached Files

Comment

Please help me to patch bios for Lenovo P50s - after autopatcher 2.0 5 long beeps and black screen
                                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by vampirekiller View Post
                                    Please help me to patch bios for Lenovo P50s - after autopatcher 2.0 5 long beeps and black screen
                                    You must post the serial number.Read the updated rules.

Comment

Supervisor pass removed, no need to use for any flash programming.
                                      Thanks for the help. I really appreciated all the knowledge shared in this forum and the persons here.

All the best.
                                      AP

Comment

Hello,

I followed the steps, and it's worked with no problems, I've a lenovo thinkpad T440. Thanks a lot for your investigation, you save my computer!

Comment

Hello

does it work if i use dump patched from another computer on new computer ?

for exemple, i dump old bios on an P71, patched it, worked well, can i use this patched file on another lenovo p71 ?

Comment

Working...
                                          X