Panasonic Toughbook FZ-55

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panasonic Toughbook FZ-55

I can't seem to find much about working on these units yet or information about working on the BIOS. Thought I would start a thread about the FZ-55 Toughbook. I'm in the process of dissecting one currently.
    The Main PCB is model FM182mk1
    I was able to read both the front and back MXIC MX25V8035F chips however I don't have a program in my toolkit that could read the main BIOS chip Winbond 25Q259JVEQ.
    Once I get a good read I'll post all 3 BIOS files here for folks to review.
    Does any one have any recommendations?

Originally posted by perfm2 View Post
    I can't seem to find much about working on these units yet or information about working on the BIOS. Thought I would start a thread about the FZ-55 Toughbook. I'm in the process of dissecting one currently.
    The Main PCB is model FM182mk1
    I was able to read both the front and back MXIC MX25V8035F chips however I don't have a program in my toolkit that could read the main BIOS chip Winbond 25Q259JVEQ.
    Once I get a good read I'll post all 3 BIOS files here for folks to review.
    Does any one have any recommendations?
    try to buy reprogrammer like CH341 or SVO3 or SVOD 4 or TL866 IIPLUS

Comment

I'm using a CH341 and it works pretty good, repaired a lot of computers with it over the years. Just don't have a program that picks up the Winbond 25Q259JVEQ

Comment

I'm using a CH341 and it works pretty good, repaired a lot of computers with it over the years. Just don't have a program that picks up the Winbond 25Q259JVEQ
        None will pick up the 25Q259JVEQ ,but NeoProgrammer software for the CH341A will program the 25Q256JV
        All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post

None will pick up the 25Q259JVEQ ,but NeoProgrammer software for the CH341A will program the 25Q256JV
          SMDFlea! Just the man I was hoping for!
          I tried using NeoProgrammer 2.2.0.10 and it wouldn't detect the chip properly. I know it'll read the 25Q256 and that is in the software chip list, but nothing has this newer 25Q259. Wondering per the red highlighted "6" and your winky emoji did you think I typod the chips model number or are you suggesting if I manually set NeoProgrammer to 25Q256 I'll still get a good read from the chip even though 259 is printed on it?

Comment

I`m sure there is no 25Q259 .Choose the chip manually in the support list and see what happens
            All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
              I`m sure there is no 25Q259 .Choose the chip manually in the support list and see what happens
              Yeah I couldn't find ANYTHING about the chip either. I'll give your idea a try. Click image for larger version

Name:	25q259.jpg
Views:	287
Size:	94.8 KB
ID:	3206325

Comment

Yeah I couldn't find ANYTHING about the chip either. I'll give your idea a try.
                Found a compliance report at winbond,but no product spec https://www.winbond.com/hq/search/ne...59&__locale=en

Comment

I got NeoProgrammer to auto detect the Winbond as the 25Q256JV, read and verified twice. Let me know if you guys think it looks like a good read.
                  The MX chips had very little info on them (~1mb). I read and verified them 4 times with 3 different programs to be sure I wasn't getting bad reads.
                  Here's where I need help.
                  1: The BIOS had a password, can anyone read the password
                  2: If not can anyone clear the password on these chips?
                  From what I understand (which isn't much lol) it exists in all 3 locations
                  Thanks to everyone as always!
                  Attached Files

Comment

I got NeoProgrammer to auto detect the Winbond as the 25Q256JV, read and verified twice. Let me know if you guys think it looks like a good read.
                    The MX chips had very little info on them (~1mb). I read and verified them 4 times with 3 different programs to be sure I wasn't getting bad reads.
                    Here's where I need help.
                    2: If not can anyone clear the password on these chips?
                    From what I understand (which isn't much lol) it exists in all 3 locations
                    try..
                    Attached Files
                    Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

Originally posted by peste View Post

try..
                      Thank peste, I gave it a flash and put it back together. Unit only would blink the green power LED once and that's it when pushing the power button. No fan, no beeps, nothing. Just a single blink of the power led.
                      Reflashed with my original read to see if I had totally bricked the unit and it came up, but back to password.

Comment

try this one
                        Attached Files
                        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests
                        all donations are welcome,
                        see the donate button at the bottom of the page, or
                        >>>>>
                        click on this link to donate via PayPal. <<<<<
                        Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.
                        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by volinakis View Post

try this one
                          thanks a ton Volinakis, it came up but was still password protected :-(

Comment

thanks a ton Volinakis, it came up but was still password protected :-(
                            AAAA
                            Attached Files

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
                            Become a Badcaps supporter
                            >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
                            Thanks to all supporters.
                            ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

Hi perfm2, did you find solution? I have fz-55 i7. Did not bothered me password protection till now when I realised virtualisation and secure boot must be enabled in bios, due getting several issues to run programs. Do you need to remove password from all 3 bios chip or just the main one enough?

Comment

Originally posted by kocka104 View Post
                                Hi perfm2, did you find solution? I have fz-55 i7. Did not bothered me password protection till now when I realised virtualisation and secure boot must be enabled in bios, due getting several issues to run programs. Do you need to remove password from all 3 bios chip or just the main one enough?
                                Not yet, but haven't attempted hoaca388's last upload yet.

Comment

Originally posted by hoaca388 View Post

AAAA
                                  Finally got a chance to test this one. The unit only gives a single blink of the green power on LED when the power button is pushed but no other activity.

Comment

My one is sorted. Found a someone who did password removal from dump .

Comment

Attached both file. Compare it, hope this helps
                                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by kocka104 View Post
                                        Attached both file. Compare it, hope this helps
                                        I took a look and see the areas that got changed. Oddly I feel like my file doesn't line up to the same lines as yours. Gonna give it a shot anyways just to see what happens. Also will attempt just throwing your cleared file on as well. I once got lucky with a high end HP Elitebook doing that and it took it's time but sort of "auto repaired' the cleared bios by itself and populated all the device specific info on it's own.

Comment

Working...
                                        X