Macbook Air 2015 Booting Very Slow and Stuck on apple Logo 99%

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Macbook Air 2015 Booting Very Slow and Stuck on apple Logo 99%

Hi guys i have my personal MacBook Pro 2015 820-00165 board that was working fine for more than a year and one day stopped working on my original Magsafe charger. It was turning on with my bench power supply. Opened it up and while diagnosing that somehow i ended up with a shorted smc.The line which was shorted was SMC_PM_G2_EN. I removed the SMC and short was gone. So all I had was another working donor board 820-3435 which i used to program it's SMC to 820-00165 using the SMCTOOL By MuertoGB.Took that SMC and use it on my 820-00165 board .And my board started working again. PPBUS_G3H 8.56V. But started this extremely slow boot up. It will take 2 mins to hear the chime. Then another 2mins to show the apple logo and then it will take about 5 mins loading the OS .. then will get stuck on 99% and would get stuck there permanently.. So i tried like 3x different cleaned Me Region Dumps for this board from badcaps bios section. I tried different and older MacOS versions. Tried 5 different original SSD's . Also tried booting from a MacOS USB same issue. Used a known working chassis with working keyboard and trackpad and battery. plugged and unplugged,. Tested all resistors around the SPI and U1900 Area . Had 1 shorted cap just above U1900 and a Open Line Resistor. Changed them out and replaced them according to the Schematic. But nothing changed. Still boots extremely slow. Was wondering if any of u guys have experience with this issue and can maybe guide me on a few things to check before I give up on this board. Or is it just maybe a plain bad SMC. Or maybe I should of used a 820-3437 SMC as was recommended for use with 820-00165 boards with SMCTool.?Any help will be greatly appreciated thanks.

Working...
X