X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a1932 820-01521 - SSD issues

Hi all,

I got an a1932 13" Air with SSD issues.

It was booting to logon screen without issues but reboots after some seconds. It also reboots just before recovery mode is fully loaded, so no recovery access was possible.

Board looks clean.

I tried DFU revive, SMC and PRAM reset with no success. So I finally did DFU restore. Accessing recovery is now possible, also deleting SSD was possible with no errors ( but took longer than normal ). But right after starting MacOS install, it reboots again.

I´ld like to avoid replacing the NAND chips if possible, so is there anything else I can check before replacing NAND?

Re: a1932 820-01521 - SSD issues

if you can boot off USB then do some low level testing first - start with memtest

Comment

CPU and T2 faults are much more common on this model than standalone SSD/nand faults. Still possible, but if the board boots fine and you can wipe the SSD and DFU-Restore fine, then odds are SSD/nands are actually OK.

Issue more likely related to CPU/PCH. This assumes you've confirmed no damage to the board, and no prior repairs or liquid-exposure.

Comment

Originally posted by cruiser_ View Post
        if you can boot off USB then do some low level testing first - start with memtest
        Boot from USB is blocked by security settings and I´m not able to change it in recovery mode (no admin account found, which is necessary. And not able to install new account because of reboot issue..). So I guess this is no option here

Comment

Originally posted by ugamazing View Post
          CPU and T2 faults are much more common on this model than standalone SSD/nand faults. Still possible, but if the board boots fine and you can wipe the SSD and DFU-Restore fine, then odds are SSD/nands are actually OK.

Issue more likely related to CPU/PCH. This assumes you've confirmed no damage to the board, and no prior repairs or liquid-exposure.

Board looks like new, just like the whole Macbook. So no liquid or drop damage. Any way to measure/confirm a CPU/PCH related issue?

Comment

Working...
          X