Dell Wyse 5070 BIOS update not possible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dell Wyse 5070 BIOS update not possible

Hi there! As stated in the title of the thread, one of our problematic Dell Wyse 5070 does not update its BIOS. Is anyone here able to help me by cleaning the BIOS regions and possibly updating the BIOS to ver. 1.20.0?

The service tag is FMWF5P2.

I got a dump of its original BIOS with version 1.1.3.

Thanks!
    Attached Files

Re: Dell Wyse 5070 BIOS update not possible

@hardware1 You were a great help last time, may I know if you are ready to help me out again? I know, it's really weird that these Dell ThinClients have interesting issues. I did post the original dump this time.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by noTurner View Post
      Hi there! As stated in the title of the thread, one of our problematic Dell Wyse 5070 does not update its BIOS. Is anyone here able to help me by cleaning the BIOS regions and possibly updating the BIOS to ver. 1.20.0?

The service tag is FMWF5P2.

I got a dump of its original BIOS with version 1.1.3.

Thanks!
      Here's your New BIOS, try it and let me know the results.
      Attached Files
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests
      all donations are welcome,
      see the donate button at the bottom of the page, or
      >>>>>
      click on this link to donate via PayPal. <<<<<
      Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Thank you so much, gonna try it right now!

Comment

Originally posted by hardware1 View Post
          Here's your New BIOS, try it and let me know the results.
          Unfortunately, the power LED blinks now. 2 blink pause 1 blink.

+ 4 blink pause 1 blink = CPU config issue or CPU issue
          Last edited by noTurner; 05-11-2023, 08:09 AM.

Comment

Unfortunately, the power LED blinks now. 2 blink pause 1 blink.

+ 4 blink pause 1 blink = CPU config issue or CPU issue
            So it's the same symptoms as before or it's different?
            Have you tried to use another CPU? Because you said that the blinking code is pointing to a CPU issue.
            Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests
            >>>>>

Comment

Have you tried to use another CPU? Because you said that the blinking code is pointing to a CPU issue.
              No no, the machine works with the dump I have posted. There's no CPU issue. It happened after flashing the BIOS you provided.

Comment

Flashed 1.1.3 old BIOS again, machine starts and boots normally, but I can't update its BIOS..

Comment

Flashed 1.1.3 old BIOS again, machine starts and boots normally, but I can't update its BIOS..
                  Why you can't update the BIOS? Is there something preventing you from updating?
                  >>>>>

Comment

It's preparing the update, but then restarts and boots directly into the system without updating.

Comment

I guess that there's no way to fix that 😅

Comment

I guess that the ME firmware needs to be cleaned or reinitialized.

Comment

Problem solved after cleaning ME region. Updated BIOS without any issues, all fine right now. Thanks to everyone who tried to help! Thank you too, hardware1.

Comment

Problem solved after cleaning ME region. Updated BIOS without any issues, all fine right now. Thanks to everyone who tried to help! Thank you too, hardware1.
                            You're Welcome.
                            Can you describe more how you cleaned the ME Region? Because this device doesn't contain ME Region! It's a TXE Region and I have already cleaned it before give it to you.
                            Attached Files
                            >>>>>

Comment

You're Welcome.
                              Can you describe more how you cleaned the ME Region? Because this device doesn't contain ME Region! It's a TXE Region and I have already cleaned it before give it to you.
                              Yeah sorry, it's TXE (CSTXE). I cleaned it by using the dump as base file. Then I replaced the TXE FW with 4.0.x.1235_B (don't know the exact name), flashed the new image, booted just fine with old 1.1.3 BIOS, then I simply used F12 menu to update BIOS from USB but before that I did make sure that the TXE was initialized using fptw64 -greset. I updated to 1.7.0 BIOS without any issues and then went for the latest BIOS. Machine works perfectly fine. Saved 28 ThinClients from our company. They had all the same issue, as users of the ThinClients turned off the machine while it was updating BIOS, (most likely when it was updating TXE region?) which then resulted in dead machines. All machines work perfectly fine now and I did it in less than an hour xD

Comment

Yeah sorry, it's TXE (CSTXE). I cleaned it by using the dump as base file. Then I replaced the TXE FW with 4.0.x.1235_B (don't know the exact name), flashed the new image, booted just fine with old 1.1.3 BIOS, then I simply used F12 menu to update BIOS from USB but before that I did make sure that the TXE was initialized using fptw64 -greset. I updated to 1.7.0 BIOS without any issues and then went for the latest BIOS. Machine works perfectly fine. Saved 28 ThinClients from our company. They had all the same issue, as users of the ThinClients turned off the machine while it was updating BIOS, (most likely when it was updating TXE region?) which then resulted in dead machines. All machines work perfectly fine now and I did it in less than an hour xD
                                Great job.
                                >>>>>

Comment

Great job.
                                  Thanks! 😊

Comment

Hi can anyone help me remove bios password on this Dell Wyse 5070
                                    Service Tag 1RBVGT2

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Stunt View Post
                                      Hi can anyone help me remove bios password on this Dell Wyse 5070
                                      Service Tag 1RBVGT2

Hi guys anyone who can help me remove this password please

Comment

Originally posted by Stunt View Post

Hi guys anyone who can help me remove this password please
                                        Hey, you just need to put the jumper on the board to CMOS CLR and leave PW CLR free. Then remove the jumper from CMOS CLR and boot the thin client. (Without putting the jumper on any of the pins)

It'll then switch to manufacture mode and delete the supervisor password.

Comment

Working...
                                        X