Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need help identifying IC (BD5F17) from KDS 700P monitor.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Need help identifying IC (BD5F17) from KDS 700P monitor.

I think the "panel" that PlainBill is referring to is the LCD panel control board that spans the horizontal width of the LCD panel. It may be hidden by a cover plate or underneath a clear plastic cover. It's connected by ribbon cable to the logic board.

Comment

This is the photo of the back of the LCD panal, the data cable is glued down to the socket pretty tight and I insure the data cable to the signal card is fully seated when I test it as well.
      Attached Files

Comment

Where the cable is running underneath the metal plate at the top. I think that if you remove the 3 screws, it should allow you to remove the plate to expose the circuit board underneath.

Comment

Looks like I cross posted with Jetadm. I attached a couple of pics of the monitor logic board. I would hate to have to change that board from the way the cables are attached to the monitor. If that is the problem I would consider this thing to far gone to fix for my abilities.
          Attached Files

Comment

The resolution of your photos are too low (max on this forum is 2000x2000) for us to make out any PCB designations, but most of these panels have at least one SMD fuse. It will be marked something like F1.

A good fuse should measure less than 1.0 ohms.
            --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Originally posted by chomot View Post
              Looks like I cross posted with Jetadm. I attached a couple of pics of the monitor logic board. I would hate to have to change that board from the way the cables are attached to the monitor. If that is the problem I would consider this thing to far gone to fix for my abilities.
              Unfortunately, you cannot replace this board as it is part of the LCD panel. You will note that this board is connected to the LCD panel through 5 flat ribbon cables. These cables are "welded" to the panel using specialized equiptment at the factory.

Comment

This one is a bit more clear but the lighting is not good and the flash washes it out. I will look for the F1 and see what I can find.
                Attached Files

Comment

You were spot on with the F1. I found it and it measures out a 0.4 ohm

Comment

I found it and it measures out a 0.4 ohm
                    That fuse is good. Just above F1 looks like a voltage regulator. It should be marked with a U and has 3 legs and a tab.

We would normally check the voltage on this, but I don't think it is possible given the layout. However, you can measure all combinations of the legs to see if it shorted.

That is measure the resistance between 1-2, 1-3, and 2-3. Any reading below 30 ohms suggests this voltage regulator may be bad.

Also, list its part number.
                    --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

It is marked U1 and the PN is AMC1117 - 3.3FD0452FJ

1-2 0.459K ohm
                      2-3 70k ohm
                      1-3 60k ohm

I do not know if the top tab means anything but it is direct to pin two at 0.2 ohm. The other two pins to the top tap are in the k ohm range.

Comment

It is marked U1 and the PN is AMC1117 - 3.3FD0452FJ
                        The resistance measurements are okay. If you can somehow run the lcd while being able to access U1 to take DC voltage readings, please try.

Use a ground screw on the that panel for your black probe. Put your red probe on each of the pins (not tab) and report each voltage. If working properly, one of them should read 3.3V DC (to correspond with the part number).
                        --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

All three read about 0.02 VDC or close to it.

1 0.02 vdc
                          2 0.02 vdc
                          3 0.02 vdc

The way I have it plugged in and still have acess that board I was unable to plug in the panal lights. Will that have an effect on this test?

Comment

Will that have an effect on this test?
                            If you can, plug in all boards and connectors. Use cardboard or something to prevent boards from shorting out.

Also, plug in a working computer with your favourite wallpaper so there is a valid signal.
                            --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

I am going to have to work on this further tomorrow night. I will do a set up and report back the findings.

Thanks for the help and your patiance. I am learning a lot, maybee after a few more of these I can be a bit more than just a cap changer tech.

Comment

I set it up so that I could measure the regulator and I did not get any VDC from any of the pins. In looking it over I was thinking that the ground path was not complete so I jumpered the monitor card to the other two cards and those to the power cord ground and tried it again.

THEN something poped as soon as I powered it up. I looked over the power supply and could not see what poped. So I assembled it all back togather and tried it. It is totally dead now.

If anyone wants this for parts they can have it for the costs of shipping otherwise it looks like the landfill won this round.

Thanks for the help, it was fun and I did learn a lot so that was worth the time.

Comment

Working...
                                X