Gateway 700G repair didn't take

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gateway 700G repair didn't take

Okay, So Where I stand now, is that I have the 900G working by replacing the logic board, (the one I think I might have shorted out). Do you have any thoughts on what to check on the logic board? two of them work, and test good by showing the blue power button light. the other doesn't give me a power light.

Then the two 700Gs show 5V at the pin after the bridge test, and they then give a blue power light when plugged into the good logic board. So it seems to me that the fuses are at least a problem. For the fuses, I will probably just go to radio shack, so as not to have to pay shipping. As for the fuse specs at DigiKey I can't quite narrow it down enough to know what the exact specs are.

Comment

Originally posted by jolarson
      Then the two 700Gs show 5V at the pin after the bridge test, and they then give a blue power light when plugged into the good logic board. So it seems to me that the fuses are at least a problem.
      So they fully work now? Or you just tested for the blue light to be present?
      At least you know that your missing 5v was caused by the blown fuse.
      There are 10 kind of people in this world: those that understand binary, and those who don't.
      • ASUS ROG Maximus IX Code
      • Intel Core i5-7600K 3.8GHz
      • 16gb GSKILL TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200
      • 1 M2 SSD + 2 WD Blue 1TB (Mirrored)
      • Windows 10 Pro x64
      • GeForce GT1050
        2 x Acer KA240H + 1 Vewsonic VP2130 21 (a cap replacement job )

Comment

One of the boards works , with the screen, and it displays from a working computer. the other one in testing, I put it in slightly wrong and the green ground cable hit the board and blew the F101 fuse, and maybe some other damage, though hopefully not. I will be more careful next time.
        So for the working one at least the fuse was the culprit on the one, though I don't know for sure if it is for the other, since one board gave 0V and the other gave 2.5V and I can't remember which was which. So I think I will replace the fuse on the working board and maybe try to fix the other, or maybe just use it for parts. Since I don't have another working video board. Did you have any thoughts on that, or no?
        And I am sure we will have more of this model in.

Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by jolarson
          One of the boards works , with the screen, and it displays from a working computer. the other one in testing, I put it in slightly wrong and the green ground cable hit the board and blew the F101 fuse, and maybe some other damage, though hopefully not. I will be more careful next time.
          So for the working one at least the fuse was the culprit on the one, though I don't know for sure if it is for the other, since one board gave 0V and the other gave 2.5V and I can't remember which was which. So I think I will replace the fuse on the working board and maybe try to fix the other, or maybe just use it for parts. Since I don't have another working video board. Did you have any thoughts on that, or no?
          And I am sure we will have more of this model in.

Thanks again.
          Try to replace the fuse and test the 5v output before assembling.
          Working or not, keep it for parts, as sometimes things like bridge rectifiers, transformers or ICs (even resistors) can be taken out of these boards.
          There are 10 kind of people in this world: those that understand binary, and those who don't.
          • ASUS ROG Maximus IX Code
          • Intel Core i5-7600K 3.8GHz
          • 16gb GSKILL TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200
          • 1 M2 SSD + 2 WD Blue 1TB (Mirrored)
          • Windows 10 Pro x64
          • GeForce GT1050
            2 x Acer KA240H + 1 Vewsonic VP2130 21 (a cap replacement job )

Comment

I have the same board that I pulled out of a Emachines monitor that isn't working. I check my voltage ages and I'm getting 11.5v on the 12v and I'm getting 4.3 v on the 5v. I have one cap that is bulging but not blown yet. I found a replaced board for $34.95 online but I would rather try to repair it myself . Any Ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by masiril85
              I have the same board that I pulled out of a Emachines monitor that isn't working. I check my voltage ages and I'm getting 11.5v on the 12v and I'm getting 4.3 v on the 5v. I have one cap that is bulging but not blown yet. I found a replaced board for $34.95 online but I would rather try to repair it myself . Any Ideas?
              Replace all the caps on the board (with the exception of the 100uF, 450V). The small caps will give you endless grief unless you replace them.

PlainBill
              For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

My voltages are going up and down on my 5v and 12v outputs. I've order some new caps to replace all of them on the board. Let's hope that fixes it.

Comment

After changing out all of the caps on the board my voltages leveled out. I reassembled everything and the monitor works great now! Thanks.

Comment

I have just acquired a 700g which is absolutely dead and tried the posts on this thread but everything looked to be fine with the caps and both fuses and there were no voltages at all at the pinout to the logic card.
                    At that point I noticed that one or two resistors at R103 and R109 were quite "toasted" and on the other side of the board at that point the board was dark brown. Looking at a photo of the 900G card the resistors look to be numbered 273 but not 100% sure and the two on my board are so dark I cant tell the number accuratelly. Anyone got a board they could look at to give me an accurate resistor number please? Any ideas as to why these might be toated and if that is the likelly cause of the no power situation as I cant find anything else that doesn't check out ok.

Cheers
                    Johnboy183

Comment

Originally posted by johnboy183
                      I have just acquired a 700g which is absolutely dead and tried the posts on this thread but everything looked to be fine with the caps and both fuses and there were no voltages at all at the pinout to the logic card.
                      At that point I noticed that one or two resistors at R103 and R109 were quite "toasted" and on the other side of the board at that point the board was dark brown. Looking at a photo of the 900G card the resistors look to be numbered 273 but not 100% sure and the two on my board are so dark I cant tell the number accuratelly. Anyone got a board they could look at to give me an accurate resistor number please? Any ideas as to why these might be toated and if that is the likelly cause of the no power situation as I cant find anything else that doesn't check out ok.

Cheers
                      Johnboy183
                      Hi, Johnboy. Say hello to the rest of the Waltons.

One point we make repeatedly is that a picture is worth a thousand words. The circuit boards in these monitors varied from production run to production run. A GOOD picture attached to a post (see the link in my signature for instructions on how to do this) will make it much easier to help you. At this point all I can guess is the resistors in question supplied start-up power to the SMPS controller.

PlainBill
                      For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Hello Guy's ! I do have replace all of the capacitor but some of the 470 uf 25v to 35volt i did the 47uf to 35volt everything light's up but the thing is that that after 2 hours the red pixel come on staidy now!!!
                        anybody would have a clu about my problem ? i figure to change back all the capacitor to the original 25volt !!

and for Jolarson you might check for the volt regulator just beside the pin and the fuse ...then the other regulator 7812a onto the heatsink

Comment

Originally posted by robyseb View Post
                          I do have replace all of the capacitor but some of the 470 uf 25v to 35volt i did the 47uf to 35volt everything light's up but the thing is that that after 2 hours the red pixel come on staidy now!!!
                          You can use 35V to replace 25V without any issues. However, what brand and make of caps did you use? If you chose crappy quality caps, they will give you problems.

Pictures would help too.

1) Post clear focused pictures AFTER reading

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1868

2) Please do not post pictures inline as they slow down the loading of pages.

3) For best picture quality and clarity take your boards to a window on a sunny day, turn flash off, and use macro mode. Take a top down view of all your boards (front and back). Make sure the photo is legible so that we can read the PCB printing clearly. A shutter speed of 1/125 or faster will produce nice clear focused pictures. Try to get a photo that is 2000x2000 resolution or as close as possible.

4) Here is an example of the pictures we want.

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...94&postcount=1
                          --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

HI again ! Thanks to reply even after few month that the tread is open ... Here's a picture from a image of my screen to make you understand what i mean about the red Pixel.

I do have post the picture of the capacitor that i use because the screen is not dismount ! (No brand indicate) ,i really wish to find a clue about my problem
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by robyseb View Post
                              Here's a picture from a image of my screen to make you understand what i mean about the red Pixel.

I do have post the picture of the capacitor that i use because the screen is not dismount ! (No brand indicate) ,i really wish to find a clue about my problem
                              A list of recommended caps to use is listed at

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2280

Since you are using no name caps, they could be causing your red problem.
                              --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

ICC is the brand on the one.
                                The other is Partsnic [taken over by Daewoo].
                                Both are crap brands.
                                Mann-Made Global Warming.
                                - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.

-
                                Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
                                -
                                You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
                                -

Comment

Thank you guys !! i'll fix my problem ... the weird thing is this morning the screen is back to normal will see if it will change again loll

Comment

Hello! Hope someone can help me with this, Didn't want to make a new thread if im honest,

I found this page by searching the board number 2860-ALZ-GJ512D

The monitor goes black quick, But after some messing with the settings if I have it set to around 60 instead of 100 it stays on, But its rather dull and useless becasue of that.

Looking at this board I don't see any blow caps, Pictures to follow.

Comment

There are a few pictures located here

http://img851.*************/g/img20110310231045.jpg/

Comment

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post
                                        There are a few pictures located here
                                        Use Manage Attachments (scroll down from the text entry area) instead of an offsite host. That way we avoid unwanted popups, and we can be sure the picture will be available as long as this site is up.

PlainBill

Comment

Images now attached, Sorry for any inconvince now
                                          Attached Files
                                          Last edited by Bouncer; 03-12-2011, 04:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                          X