Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dell 3008WFP Vertical Line

Was hoping to get some opinion on this.

I was thinking of buying a second hand Dell 3008WFP for super cheap (almost spare part money), but am not sure it's a good idea because (a) it's old, and (b) it has a black vertical line as pictured when it's turned on, but it goes away after a while. Does anyone have an opinion as what this might be? Is this a fixable issue (cap/ribbon, etc)? Or is the LCD panel itself going bad?

If it's potentially fixable I'll probably jump on it, but if it's the beginning of the end, probably makes sense to skip it.
    Attached Files

Re: Dell 3008WFP Vertical Line

You can try disconnect the ribbon cable which connects to lcd panel.
    Then use an eraser to clean off any dirt/rust from the cable exposed pins and also the pins on the lcd panel side.
    Connect everything back, and hope the black vertical line is gone.
    I have done this with success on an Acer monitor. Hope yours work too.
    Otherwise it is easy to buy a replacement lcd panel.

Comment

Panel failure not fixable sorry.
      Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

Thanks for the feedback guys. Given I haven't spend any money on it, it's probably not worth the risk. Cheers.

Comment

Last time I turned on my 3008WFP, the screen went black, then the right half had faint vertical blue and black lines.... Have taken the monitor apart and don't see any bad caps, will replace D22, however I suspect there may be a panel issue.... Any ideas?
          Glen

Comment

Working...
          X