Hanns-G HG281D, LCD Monitor no power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hanns-G HG281D, LCD Monitor no power

Quite old, make sure the battery is good or you will get incorrect readings.

Find the connector from PSU to Mainboard, disconnect cable... Set DMM to 20VDC and put black probe on chassis (Screw hole works well) and test each pin in order and post back readings like this...

Pin 1 - 0v
    pin 2 - 5v
    pin 3 - 0v
    etc
    etc

Comment

There are four connectors (small/large -mainboard->large/large -PSU) joining the PSU and main board, I'm not clear which connector's pins you want me to test.

Comment

Originally posted by jetadm123 View Post
        Make sure your kit includes ALL the caps. I've seen some kits that leave out the small caps.
        Does anybody have a list of the capacitors needed for this board?
        I can read some of them but a lot of them would need removing before I can read them. I would feel much more comfortable removing them one at a time and replacing them 1 by 1.

Is there a kit that I can buy.

Many Thanks Guys
        Dean

Comment

Originally posted by randelld View Post
          Does anybody have a list of the capacitors needed for this board?

I found these two submitted images helpful regarding the power supply(model: PSM217-404-H-R Rev. A1)
          Attached Files
          Last edited by PLan; 11-23-2013, 01:33 PM.

Comment

Yes mate, that is exactly what I needed.

Top man

Comment

Hello everyone,

Just found this thread and wondering if i can fix my old hg281.

Problem: It has barely visible static onscreen all the time, the static is horizontal, about 3-5 pixels wide but is appears in vertical bands every 50 px or so. Sometimes, especially when i turn it on the static is worse and the entire screen has artifacts (similar to video card with bad memory or over clocked) After a couple of hours of use it will display static for a few seconds (just like the old analog tv when you take the cable out) and then go blank. Turning it on and off seems to fix this and we are off for a new start.

What could be the problem?
              Thank you.

Comment

This video exactly describes my problem.

Originally posted by basilmir View Post
                Hello everyone,

Just found this thread and wondering if i can fix my old hg281.

Problem: It has barely visible static onscreen all the time, the static is horizontal, about 3-5 pixels wide but is appears in vertical bands every 50 px or so. Sometimes, especially when i turn it on the static is worse and the entire screen has artifacts (similar to video card with bad memory or over clocked) After a couple of hours of use it will display static for a few seconds (just like the old analog tv when you take the cable out) and then go blank. Turning it on and off seems to fix this and we are off for a new start.

What could be the problem?
                Thank you.

Comment

Try replacing c80/83 100uf 16v on the main board.
                  Never stop learning
                  Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                  http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                  http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                  http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                  http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                  http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

I have HG281GD.If I have to start from beginning this monitor was dead - no power. After reading on this site I purchased kit and recapping all capacitors that was inside this kit. Magic happen .Blue led light come on .than all screen get red, 2 sec. later get yellow led and screen change to black. Connect to computer-same effect, just before get black screen just for second change to green and then, again – black. Find post about something similar and author recommended to check inverter. I follow procedure and check fuses, capacitors and transistors and stuck on transformers. Could not find with this kind of connection-see attachment. Capacitors check with A6013L nice tools and chip. Multimeter MICRONTA 22-167. The question is maybe I have to change direction and find out what cause create red light on screen?
                    Attached Files

Comment

check all the solder joints

like there in the pic.
                      Attached Files
                      Just cook it! It's already broken.

Comment

Did you replace tha caps as budm mentions in the post before yours #528
                        Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
                        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

dj ricoh- Yes I did.

Comment

selldoor- Yes I changed c80,c83, c69,c13,c14,c76,c74,c8
                            Last edited by rector; 12-09-2013, 10:46 PM.

Comment

ok does your board have these c606 c603 or c707 seem to be a problem.
                              Perhaps post pictures of the whole of the back or the monitor so we see where the boards go and pic of each board. All boards are not the same in this model
                              Something to try is to disconnect the main board and apply 3v to the blon pin and see if it will keep the back lights lit. depending on experience you may need more help with this.
                              Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
                              http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

All 3 capacitors was changed previously.

Comment

I have repaired several of these and it's always the same 3 caps on the power board. And the 2 budm mentions on the main board.
                                  You say you bought a "kit". Where did you buy it from and what brand are the capacitors? Some kits on eBay have inferior or defective caps.
                                  Have you done a lot of soldering, or was this your first time?
                                  The next thing I would check is the soldering job itself. Check for solder bridges. Bad solder joints. Or caps put in the wrong way.

Comment

You are lucky man, 3 cap and done!
                                    About 2 budm mentions on the main board. Yes I read and did.
                                    Kit- see picture. Before changed caps, I check capacitance all of them. The brands are -NICHCON, SANYO, XICON and NRSA. I think that capacitance is capacitance and It does matter where it manufactured in China or in Texas. Reliability- Yes.
                                    About soldering - this is not my first or second board. Second picture show the caps that I changed.
                                    I understand your concern. For me it is more painful, because I can't solve the puzzle.
                                    Attached Files

Comment

Ok. Good info. That helps a lot. I have never heard or used XICON or NRSA capacitors. Maybe NICHCON is Nichicon? Those I have used. I read somewhere that NRSA are not low ESR, and only 85c capacitors. (not 105c). I don't know what to say, other than I'm 99% sure if you replaced the 3 bad ones with Panasonic caps, you'd be up and running by now.

This is the exact reason I don't tell people to replace 20 or 30 capacitors, if only 3 or 4 are bad.
                                      There's always a chance that something can go wrong. Even with me. And I'm an experienced solderer.
                                      I don't really know what to say, other than, I'm fairly sure, something is wrong with at least one capacitor replaced, or something in the soldering.
                                      You might consider replacing them all with Panasonic. Sorry I couldn't help more.

Comment

Hello all, this is my first post.
                                        Thanks to all the fine helpers who are on this site.
                                        I'm getting ready to try a repair on my HG281D Monitor and I notice that my power board seems different to the photos I'm seeing by other users. I wonder if Europe power boards are different to US. I'm posting a picture and if anyone can enlighten me I'd be most grateful.
                                        With best wishes from Normandy France.
                                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by rector View Post
                                          You are lucky man, 3 cap and done!
                                          About 2 budm mentions on the main board. Yes I read and did.
                                          Kit- see picture. Before changed caps, I check capacitance all of them. The brands are -NICHCON, SANYO, XICON and NRSA. I think that capacitance is capacitance and It does matter where it manufactured in China or in Texas. Reliability- Yes.
                                          About soldering - this is not my first or second board. Second picture show the caps that I changed.
                                          I understand your concern. For me it is more painful, because I can't solve the puzzle.
                                          Thanks Rector, that information was perfect and I discovered thereby that I have a Revision2 monitor which explains the different look of the power supply.
                                          I ordered the cap kit from the website lcdalternatives.com and I only paid 17€ including postage from the USA! Their site is very clear and informative.
                                          I enjoy France but not for this kind of stuff, America is great at this kind of business. Thanks again for the link.

Best regards.

Comment

Working...
                                          X